No rating

Horeb Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Hialeah

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $90,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,120.

Posted yesterday

We love HCS. The staff is caring and nurturing and truly teach the children. Great family atmosphere with lots of fun activities to bring families together. Our child is growing up with a strong Christian foundation and a has a great love for Christ.

Posted May 1, 2014

This school is amazing as far as a family and Christian environment . Students are treated with love and kindness and many of the teachers are wonderful. That being said in the past two years their curriculum has become the downfall of thus school. The curriculum currently used not only does not challenge the students but if not up to par with other private or public schools. This needs to be changed and it will be the great school it once was!!!

Posted October 24, 2012

This is the "BEST" school ever! I am a student at Horeb and I actually feel like going to school! I never felt this way! I have more friends and the teachers are just AMAZING! I love Bible class it soooo interesting! I never knew about the Bible this much until I got here! It just impact my life! I love this school! Any Christian student WOULD TOTALLY LOVE BEING HERE! <3

Posted January 25, 2012

My son has been attending this school for many years and he has received the best education. The current principal is very proactive and gets involved in all the school activities. He cares for the school and his students and he works hard to have his students academically prepared. The school has gone over a lot of changes and is very up to date technologically. Parents are very involved and is a very family oriented environment. If I had to choose a school again this will be with no doubt my only choice.

Posted July 14, 2011

Horeb is an excellent school. Many changes have been taking place and I could not be happier. The new faculty and administration are really turning things around for the better! Horeb was a really good school in the 80's and early 90's. The good years are back!

Posted June 24, 2011

Horeb is a place to learn many new things. It is a great school to be at. I love going to my school because there are many activities to participate in, and they are always a lot of fun. I love the staff, the teachers, and it is a great place to make new friends. I would have to say that PE is my favorite class because I love to run around and play outside all the time. The principal is great because he is doing so much for the school. I am a student in fifth grade going to sixth, right now I am on summer vacation and the principal has arranged a summer reading project and I like it because it helps us not fall behind on our reading. I love the school that I go to for many reasons.This school is a great place to learn, discover, and make new friends. I love my school.

Posted April 21, 2011

I love HCS - I have really good teachers and lots of friends. My favorite teacher is my English Teacher and PE Coach. The school has many strict rules but it good.

Posted April 21, 2011

Horeb is a great school with a family feel! Everybody knows eachother. They have excellent teachers and challenging academic programs. I love HCS!

Posted April 21, 2011

Wonderful school! Horeb seems to be moving in a positive direction. They are incorporating technology into every classroom. The teachers care about each of their students. The school has a family environment which is important to me.

Posted April 2, 2011

Horeb Christian is a very good school. I am very happy with the progress and with the family environment that the school provides.

Posted March 11, 2011

THE BEST SCHOOL IN HIALEAH!!! My son started the school this year and I could not be happier. I looked for months to find a good school before choosing Horeb. I could not have chosen a better school.

Posted January 29, 2011

Horeb is a good school with a good environment and quality education for all students. I look forward to going back next year.

Posted October 3, 2009

Horeb is a school unlike no other, the education you receive from the teachers is amazing. I currently a senior and I can honestly say I am being prepared for college here.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 11, 2008

Yes, there are not many activities...But the wholesome enviornment is wonderful, i am 25 years old, and did attend horeb for about 4 years and attended a public school for 2, if i had my choice i would have stayed in horeb. Not only do your teachers know you by name, but they also know your character, they know things a parent would know about their children. They teach academics, and most important...'Christ is the first priority'...'Joy means jesus first, others next, you last' words arent enough to describe the impact that school had in my life!
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 20, 2008

The High School leaves a lot to be desired. I put my son there after I had heard that the school was excellent. Apparently that was in the past. The high school students are not encouraged or challenged academically. They are being prepared for college. No counselors, no electives, mediocre teachers. He only has one more year so I will leave him there but my other younger son will leave if the high school remains the same.

Posted December 12, 2007

My child is a Horebi and I intend to continue to incourage the passion for the Lord and learning that is being instilled in him at Horeb Christian. The greatest thing that keeps me a raving fan is the chracter of the high school age students. I feel it has a lot to do with their experiences at Horeb as well as the poditive attitude of parents that have their children enrolled. It really feels like a self-contained bubble in which children are safe, holsum and stimulated in this fast paced society in which kids grow up entirely too fast.

Posted July 26, 2007

The elementary was OK, the high school is terrible. A lot of good teachers are leaving. The school has lost a lot of good teachers and students all because of the new principal and aministrator.

Posted July 25, 2007

07/25/07 They really need a good Principal that cares for the school and must important the future of the high shool studens. I always though my son and his friends were going to graduate together, we need to do what's best for our kids future. The school is not prepair for high school, need good high school teachers, AP classes, more electives, Honor Roll

Posted January 4, 2007

Horeb Christian School is the worse school I have ever seen. They have no compassion toward the kids nor teach or give and example of Christianity.

Posted December 9, 2006

To me, Horeb is a bad school. The elementary is okay, but the high school has much to be desired.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (305) 821-5048

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

795 West 68th Street