Horeb Christian School 1

Posted August 04, 2015
I am writing to you as a concerned parent of Horeb Christian School. As an educated and professional parent, I find it difficult to believe that your school would allow for an inexperienced and unprofessional administrator to lead your school. It not only reflects upon the overall climate of your school, but I am more than positive that it affects your teachers and the academic success of your students. If you are all fully aware there are certain standards that all administrators should adhere to when leading a school, its teachers, and its students. These standard are called The Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium and it is in my opinion that your administrator, Ms. Cindy Montes de Oca, has not followed them as a responsible leader should. Standard 1 clearly states that an effective leader should, "promote the success of all students by facilitating the development, articulation, implementation, and stewardship of a vision of learning that is shared and supported by the school community" It is obvious to me, that your administrator is unaware of the mission of your school and lacks interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with her staff. Coherence amongst administrators and educators is what holds the organization together; in fact, having a shared vision and a set of values can increase effective supervision, enhance professional development, allow for proper teacher evaluations and offer learning opportunities. More importantly, it unifies your organization and will most definitely increase student learning and instruction. As a result, I have decided to take my child out of this school and will place my child in an environment that is not only caring, but can ensure that my child will receive quality education from effective teachers and be supervised by an administrator who has the characteristics of a true leader and promotes the success of all who are involved. I would seriously consider any parent to do their research prior to choosing Horeb Christian School as a school for their children and if your child is currently enrolled for the upcoming school year, I highly suggest you find another school to meet the educational, social, and emotional needs of your children. A Concerned Parent

Horeb Christian School 2

Posted June 03, 2015
Ridiculous school. Is it normal for elementary school to give kids 7 tests in one day? This school lacks leadership and they make the rules as they go The new administration has no knowledge of how to run a school and complaints are ignored. The main focus is fundraising. They say they'll help your child with a disability but they don't. I recommend you do not waste your child's time in this school. It's going from bad to worse fast. Some teachers are good and do their best but with constant changes and no help from administration everything is very disorganized.

Horeb Christian School 1

Posted May 30, 2015
When administration fires some of the most loved teachers for unjust, selfish, and prideful reasons, you wonder whether or not this is a Christian school. From 2012-2015, junior and junior highschool students had one of the best Bible teachers; one who couldn't be found in any other school. Because of this, there was jealousy and hatred. That's what got him out. Then another brilliant teacher was fired as she was expecting a baby & won't be here for a couple of days next school year. They'll always remain in our hearts. Without them, we are no longer the family we once were. If you are looking for a good school to put your child in, it's too late. As a school, we've never hit this low. I've been here 8 years and I've never been this disappointed. The problem is ignorance, jealousy, superficiality, and an awful curriculum that will only brain wash your children If they allow themselves to be manipulated. Take my word, and speak to students and other faculty / staff members that have worked or attended this school for many years.

Posted July 30, 2014
We love HCS. The staff is caring and nurturing and truly teach the children. Great family atmosphere with lots of fun activities to bring families together. Our child is growing up with a strong Christian foundation and a has a great love for Christ.

Horeb Christian School 2

Posted May 01, 2014
This school is amazing as far as a family and Christian environment . Students are treated with love and kindness and many of the teachers are wonderful. That being said in the past two years their curriculum has become the downfall of thus school. The curriculum currently used not only does not challenge the students but if not up to par with other private or public schools. This needs to be changed and it will be the great school it once was!!!

Posted October 24, 2012
This is the "BEST" school ever! I am a student at Horeb and I actually feel like going to school! I never felt this way! I have more friends and the teachers are just AMAZING! I love Bible class it soooo interesting! I never knew about the Bible this much until I got here! It just impact my life! I love this school! Any Christian student WOULD TOTALLY LOVE BEING HERE! <3

Posted January 25, 2012
My son has been attending this school for many years and he has received the best education. The current principal is very proactive and gets involved in all the school activities. He cares for the school and his students and he works hard to have his students academically prepared. The school has gone over a lot of changes and is very up to date technologically. Parents are very involved and is a very family oriented environment. If I had to choose a school again this will be with no doubt my only choice.

Posted July 14, 2011
Horeb is an excellent school. Many changes have been taking place and I could not be happier. The new faculty and administration are really turning things around for the better! Horeb was a really good school in the 80's and early 90's. The good years are back!

Posted June 24, 2011
Horeb is a place to learn many new things. It is a great school to be at. I love going to my school because there are many activities to participate in, and they are always a lot of fun. I love the staff, the teachers, and it is a great place to make new friends. I would have to say that PE is my favorite class because I love to run around and play outside all the time. The principal is great because he is doing so much for the school. I am a student in fifth grade going to sixth, right now I am on summer vacation and the principal has arranged a summer reading project and I like it because it helps us not fall behind on our reading. I love the school that I go to for many reasons.This school is a great place to learn, discover, and make new friends. I love my school.

Posted April 21, 2011
I love HCS - I have really good teachers and lots of friends. My favorite teacher is my English Teacher and PE Coach. The school has many strict rules but it good.

Horeb Christian School
795 West 68th Street, Hialeah, FL  33014
Last modified Horeb Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Horeb Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top