PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

This school is an absolute blessing! From the school administration to the teachers, everyone goes above and beyond to care for and instruct our children not only academically but spiritually as well. I feel a part of a true and genuine school family.

I have nothing but positive comments. I read the comments below and cannot help but feel they are very much isolated incidences that are being exaggerated.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They teach in love and that is more than we can ever hope for. The teachers are outstanding!!!!

My children have been in this school for the past eight years. I cannot imagine having them anywhere else. It is an environment like NO OTHER. The teachers are true examples of Christians. The administration goes above and beyond to for both the parents and staff. There are few places like this that still exist; where you can walk your child to class and speak to the teacher daily. My children started at Horeb because we had a friend that was a teacher at Twin Lakes Elementary and she mentioned that most of the teachers at her school had their own children at Horeb. That in itself spoke volumes. I believe that from the principal to the administration the school has been blessed with amazing staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are what make the school so special. They really pour out their hearts.

Ridiculous school. Is it normal for elementary school to give kids 7 tests in one day? This school lacks leadership and they make the rules as they go The new administration has no knowledge of how to run a school and complaints are ignored. The main focus is fundraising. They say they'll help your child with a disability but they don't. I recommend you do not waste your child's time in this school. It's going from bad to worse fast. Some teachers are good and do their best but with constant changes and no help from administration everything is very disorganized.

When administration fires some of the most loved teachers for unjust, selfish, and prideful reasons, you wonder whether or not this is a Christian school. From 2012-2015, junior and junior highschool students had one of the best Bible teachers; one who couldn't be found in any other school. Because of this, there was jealousy and hatred. That's what got him out. Then another brilliant teacher was fired as she was expecting a baby & won't be here for a couple of days next school year. They'll always remain in our hearts. Without them, we are no longer the family we once were. If you are looking for a good school to put your child in, it's too late. As a school, we've never hit this low. I've been here 8 years and I've never been this disappointed. The problem is ignorance, jealousy, superficiality, and an awful curriculum that will only brain wash your children If they allow themselves to be manipulated. Take my word, and speak to students and other faculty / staff members that have worked or attended this school for many years.

We love HCS. The staff is caring and nurturing and truly teach the children. Great family atmosphere with lots of fun activities to bring families together. Our child is growing up with a strong Christian foundation and a has a great love for Christ.

This school is amazing as far as a family and Christian environment . Students are treated with love and kindness and many of the teachers are wonderful. That being said in the past two years their curriculum has become the downfall of thus school. The curriculum currently used not only does not challenge the students but if not up to par with other private or public schools. This needs to be changed and it will be the great school it once was!!!

This is the "BEST" school ever! I am a student at Horeb and I actually feel like going to school! I never felt this way! I have more friends and the teachers are just AMAZING! I love Bible class it soooo interesting! I never knew about the Bible this much until I got here! It just impact my life! I love this school! Any Christian student WOULD TOTALLY LOVE BEING HERE! <3

Last modified Horeb Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12