PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I am very happy with Horeb. The school has great teachers with great leadership. I also love the family environment that is encouraged.

In reading the other reviews it's apparent that faith is a core issue to those writers. To me as a parent the main emphasis is academics. My goal is not for Horeb to help me chisel my child into a Christian but provide the academic tools to move him further in his studies. Academics is NOT currently as the central core issue at the school. Yes other programs that to me are of less important programs are offered such as dance, and athletics. These are meant to increase school profitability along with allowing parents to watch their child perform. This is NOT to me what I want to spend my money on! The SAT & ACT are rather unforgiving and I will be changing schools to provide my son a better academic environment and opportunity of excelling!

I strongly disagree with the previous comment regarding Horeb Christian School. The new administration together with the Pastors’ goal is to go above and beyond for the students, families, and staff members. They stand by their commitment and do ensure that the school’s mission is executed. The academic standards are high with a rigorous curriculum. The tuition at this school compared to others in the community is well priced. Horeb has a variety of active honor clubs: National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, Thespian Honor Society, Dance Honor Society, National Elementary Honor Society, National Junior Spanish Honor Society, and Florida Business Leaders of America. These societies are participating in different service projects with partnering charities. They have scheduled trips where the students will be able to grow in knowledge. Just to name a few: “Night at the Museum” with the elementary students, Yes! Educational Programs at Disney, and a trip to Washington. At Washington the students will visit the White House, Smithsonian Museum, Congress, and the Holocaust Museum. The school is also participating with all the Fairchild Garden challenges across the curriculum. If that’s not an amazing opportunity for education, then what is? The teachers set up their students to succeed! My child’s SAT scores last year were two or three grade levels above her current grade. The athletic department with the commitment of outstanding sponsors is amazing! The different sports activities offered are: Volleyball, Cross Country, Basketball, and Softball. I can go on and on with all this school has to offer. The school is committed to excellence! One cannot talk about the current year if they are not present. To point out someone else’s Christianity and even talk about the Pastors does not show much Christianity in this community member. I have to say that I will pray for this person. Unfortunately, they had a bad experience and God will work with them to find peace.

Although I went to Horeb since i was in K3 and graduated from the school, I can't help but regret my decision to stay in this school. When I was younger, the school administration (a different administration from the one in charge now) was very committed to their efforts of ensuring that their mission was executed-- impacting the world for Christ. However, as the years went by, and this new administration took over, this mission was neglected. It is sad to see the way a "Christian" school acts more like a worldly business that is willing to do literally anything to gain money, Greed has corrupted this school. It is a shame to call this school a ministry, as it was intended to be since the day it was founded. Aside from the money hungry administrators AND PASTORS (if you can even call them that), this school is overpriced. In our day and age, being accepted into a reputable university is becoming more and more competitive, let alone win scholarships that can cover your tuition at these institutions. When looking at what it costs to attend Horeb, one would assume that it is worth the cost. Unfortunately, it is not. They DO NOT OFFER any AP classes. AP classes are slowly but surely becoming the standard courses in almost every high school. Please, as someone who graduated from this school, I beg you to research other schools! There are plenty of schools, some of them are even free, that offer so much more! Horeb will have little to no contribution to your academic success when compared to the opportunities offered in other schools. Words cannot even begin to describe just how much I regret staying in Horeb because of this very reason. Although I did create many beautiful memories and formed friendships that will last a lifetime, I can't deny the fact that Horeb is academically unfit for those high school students who truly care about their future.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

The current administration is totally ineffective. They are ruining this school.

This school is an absolute blessing! From the school administration to the teachers, everyone goes above and beyond to care for and instruct our children not only academically but spiritually as well. I feel a part of a true and genuine school family.

I have nothing but positive comments. I read the comments below and cannot help but feel they are very much isolated incidences that are being exaggerated.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They teach in love and that is more than we can ever hope for. The teachers are outstanding!!!!

My children have been in this school for the past eight years. I cannot imagine having them anywhere else. It is an environment like NO OTHER. The teachers are true examples of Christians. The administration goes above and beyond to for both the parents and staff. There are few places like this that still exist; where you can walk your child to class and speak to the teacher daily. My children started at Horeb because we had a friend that was a teacher at Twin Lakes Elementary and she mentioned that most of the teachers at her school had their own children at Horeb. That in itself spoke volumes. I believe that from the principal to the administration the school has been blessed with amazing staff.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are what make the school so special. They really pour out their hearts.

Last modified Horeb Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12