Hialeah, FL

Posted November 11, 2014
My daughter has attended Edison since the age of two. The school is extremely family oriented and fosters a loving atmosphere for the children. Many of the children that have graduated from this school have returned to either volunteer in summer camp or later have become teachers in the school.

Edison Private School 1

Posted November 10, 2014
I regret that I sent my daughter to Edison Private. I do not recommend it.

Posted September 28, 2014
I am baffled to say the least at some of the reviews given by some parents. I can speak for myself and my son only, this school is by far one of the best private schools in the entire county, if not the best. The parent involvement is absolutely phenomenal. I am not a stay at home mom, like some of the mom's are in the school, however, I do put alot of effort in building relationships with the teacher, staff, and other moms. Its so important for parents to take full responsibility of their children's education and stop bashing the school for things that are not true. Our area is middle to low income area. The school provides a quality program and does not charge at the levels it should. I cannot say enough about this school and it's dedicated staff... A+++

Edison Private School 4

Posted September 27, 2014
I read these negative post and its a reflection of our society in general ! The teachers are not roll models at the school, "yes" they are but "Roll models" begin at Home ! wealthy students get preferential treatment ! This school is filled with your average families not sure how they conclude a family is wealthy ! Lastly Edison faculty is there because they love teaching, helping children get an quality education and becoming productive adults in society ! Wish this site allowed you to give your identity I think a few of those posting negative untrue things would not have posted them ! Go Eagles !

Edison Private School 1

Posted September 26, 2014
I'd rather go to any other private school. Pick a different school it will probably continue getting worse here w/the favoritism. I have had my kids here for a few years. The school has changed drastically in the past three years, since we got our new assistant principal. At first I would stick up for her, but things have just gone down hill fast. They have become increasingly hard on the students. Their system is ridiculous. Most things are very petty w/the renovation, but the list goes on and on w/the bad. Teachers' kids and their friends get special treatment.. We are seriously considering pulling our last child out and moving him to a different school. He is terribly unhappy, and now thinks he is a horrible child! He cries and is just plain miserable. They are ruining my child's spirit. It has become a dread every morning. It really is a pitty. We have also lost many, many good teachers.

Posted September 26, 2014
Our school is an Amazing community It is obvious that the person writing these reviews has no knowledge of the school. To begin with the Assistant Principal has been the same for the last 15 years . Before that she was our science teacher for about another 10 years. She is a very compassionate person and helps the students to be their best . Edison's staff has been the same for many years and it's normal to have some transition of teachers . I am a mother and now a grandmother of an Edison student so I have been part of the school for many years. The school is up to date with all the new technological advances and provides it's student with a family based environment. This a great school and it's a shame for some to write things that are just put out there to hurt someone. The reality is this school has brought up many successful alumni's my child included .

Posted September 26, 2014
As an alumni of Edison Private School who is actively involved in Miami-Dade's local school community; I am shocked by comments posted on this site by "Parents"? It is so obviously apparent when comments are posted with malicious intent. I encourage those who have a personal issue to GET A LIFE! E.M.

Posted September 26, 2014
My kids have gone to Edison for the longest, one already graduated. It is really sad when adults use their power of criticism only when they can stay anonymous. If my child cries everyday and is that miserable, get him out! why make him suffer? Is a school not a prison!! I have known the vice principal for a long time, she is "strict" but fair to the kids, all the kids. She cares enough to discipline them and teach them to be respectful, if this offends you maybe Edison is not the school for you. It is a big family where all the kids get the same attention, mine, the teacher's, even yours. Honestly we don't need parents like you, you give "good education" a bad name. Kids there do learn and move on. They offer the right tools, new technology and support, my kids use them maybe yours don't care to do so. And please, Edison not accredited? Do you even know what accreditation means?? Educate yourself on this matter before you bring it up. You know how ridiculous you sound? Edison, "ignore the words of ignorant people" Using this website as a personal vendetta is beneath anyone, even you!!

Posted September 26, 2014
As a Parent of an Edison student , I challenge that parent from the negative post on 9/26/2014 , to really explain your hidden agenda ! I am offended by your post, it must offend the staff and admin of the school as well when they see these posts ! We have been there 5 years and have only experienced positive things at the school ! I think the claim that your child is miserable , and cries might be due to the fact that he has you as a parent ! Get a life, and spend less time with negativity and more time being a parent ! Oh any BTW , put a bag over your head and you will see how your childs morning crying will stop !

Posted September 24, 2014
Edison Private School provides an excellent education. This year classrooms are equipped with Smartboards. My son now has an IPad to use in all his classes. All three of my children are attending this school and I have yet to see or hear of any favoritism.

Edison Private School
3720 E 4th Avenue, Hialeah, FL  33013
Last modified Edison Private School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Edison Private School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top