Hialeah, FL
Students enrolled: 1,737

Posted September 15, 2014
I don't know how is a 5 star school, maybe because of great students and great parents. ... my daughter has been there since kindergarten she's now in sixth . Most of the teachers expect the parents to be the educators. Lots of homework, Internet research ect. Bottom line they make easy money from us taxpayers I'm not complaining of being a father but is tough seeing science teacher saying that 50 percent of a semester grade is based on what we do at home when she's the one that get paid 100 percent for teaching

Posted October 29, 2013
Bob Graham is an amazing school. My oldest who is 21 now graduated from Bob Graham and now my twins are about to graduate next year. The teachers and staff are amazing extrememly caring and committed. I am proud to have all my babies be a part of Bob Graham.

Posted September 26, 2013
This is the first year my kids attend this school eventhough i have lived in the community for 2 years. Initially i was hesitant to put my kids in this school because its a very big campus and my kids were attending a small Charter school that promoted an international education. At the beginning of this year I started interviewing different schools and interviewed BGEC a few times.Academically they are very good. i have also spoken with many different parents whos kids go to BGEC. and there is not 1 single bad comment about the school. I am extremely pelased with the School staff. . The teachers show interest for my son to do better and easily meet with me to discuss any issues that may be helpful for my son to succeed. summarizing, my experince the last 3 years my son has been in the school system and comparing the 2 previous schools with the BGEC, i can only say my kids are very happy as well as the mom. I am thankful i made the decision to put them in this school.

Posted July 12, 2013
Overall is a great school. Like everything else in life is not perfect. However, it has more positives than negatives.

Posted June 12, 2013
This school is pure amazing! It's so fun and full of great teachers! I'm a eighth grader who recently just graduated from this school and I miss it so much! I highly recommend this amazing A+++ school!

Bob Graham Education Center 1

Posted June 12, 2013
If I could give a negative star rating, I would. I HATED attending this school so much, and I can tell you the full truth because I got to fully experience this school from a students point of view since kindergarten all the way up to eighth grade. Now, this school is considered A Grade based on one thing, test scores. Most of the teachers are okay, but several are over the extreme and either: 1)don't teach 2)bombard students with homework 3) are disrespectful to students in a inappropriate manner. I have personally gone through all three but majorly No.3 this year. If you have an issue like No.3 and advise the administration, they will do NOTHING about it. Bullying is a major issue at this school and I have personally been a victim of it. I have been threatened and verbally affected by some of my peers and even after reporting them, they just get away with it. Several good classes like music and chorus have been removed and all students including those who get perfect scores on the FCAT must give up an elective for a mandatory reading class. The only good thing I can say about this school is that they have a good ESE and ESOL program. I cried of happiness on the last day of school

Posted July 18, 2012
This school only depends on their image. They dont care what happens with students as long as they look the best. The teachers barley teach us throuout the year and expect us to get a 5 on the fcat. in this school the parents or students can never win an argument the staff and administration is always correct even if it tis there fault. i am super glad it is my last year in this school so i can graduate and go to highschool already. i just hope that i have no problems in my 8th grade year with the principal and im not a bad studetn its just the little things that i do like not pay attention in class or forget to tuck my shirt in or wear my id that gett me into all sorts of trouble. they once accused me and my friend of cutting our hair in the bathroom. this school SUCKSSSSSSS I DO NOT RECOMEND YOU TO ENROLL YOPUR STUDENTS HERE........

Posted June 23, 2012
I have never been more disappointed of this school. I have attended this school since kindergarten and this up coming year will be my last. Everyone is always saying how great the teachers are, but in reality there are very few good teachers. Most of the older teachers just need to get up and retire instead of harassing the students. In addition, every year our choices for electives become a less and less variety and we must all now take a mandatory reading class, even those students like myself that recieved a perfect score in reading. Another issue would be bullying. I myself have been a victim to bullying and i reported the girl several times and she was never punished and she continues to bully me. I just cant wait to leave this school for highschool.

Posted January 12, 2012
This school is fantastic! Our kids are in the "Team Program" and are eager to go to school evety day. Teachers stimulate their brains in many ways each and every da. They are critical in having the parents involved... which might make all the difference when comparing to other schools/teachers that do "just enough". They pulled many of the best people from PSN when they opened and though struggling due to govt cuts like many other public schools their creativiyy and dedication to the kids puts them in an A categoty with us and 99% of the other parents we know.

Posted July 06, 2011
I am happy with the overall experience of having my child at BGEC. The school is well kept and thank God no big problems have occured. abouth the ONLY bad thing my child has encounter was the fact that being in middle school if he forgets his lunch..he was told to put his lunch back and settle for milk and cereal (at that age thats noe enough) the left over lunch must go to the garbage..so why not give them a chance and give them the food. I complained but they said they could not do anything because the cafeteria had their own rule. VERY wrong since we pay sooo much taxe and $2.50 is not going to close the cafeterai down..it's not thier child coming hhome with a migrane after a day of only eating cereal..

Bob Graham Education Center
15901 Northwest 79th Avenue, Hialeah, FL  33016
Last modified Bob Graham Education Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bob Graham Education Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top