847 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I absolutely love this school. I have never encounyered such dedicated teachers. Communication is great. I am very happy with my kids education.

I just got back from the school open house. It was very informative. The school is well equipped with computers, smart boards, and the teachers are fabulous! The principal is very accessible and helpful. I am lucky to have found this great school for my child.

Happy to see the school finally growing and accomplishing all their goals. The new building is now officially under construction. They are adding another 44 classrooms to the campus. This means smaller class sizes and more curriculum diversity.

Wonderful school. We have had an excellent experience. Our children are progressing well. It is great that now the school offers high school grades as well.

This school has a major access issue. The administration doesn't address it and they mark children late when it is physically impossible to access their facility. The police does a terrible job at directing traffic flow and there is only one street access to this school. This is a very sad situation and the school is on denial and parents are frustrated as it is a repetitive issue and no one addresses it. I feel that in order to enforce such strict tardiness policy (within a min), the administration needs to fix this major problem.

It is a great school.The parents should be very happy if your son/daughter are studying in that school.All the educator team and staff in general are examples of dedication and responsibility each day.

I very happy with youth co op it a very school and was very pleased of how much my little girl has learned. I think this is a very good school.

My daughter has been in this school for two years now. She began in the preparatory section in Hialeah Gardens. Last year the staff and teachers were amazing and cared for their students had different activities for them to do. This year since both schools were combined into the new building the school is horrible. The entire staff from the preparatory section was fired. I have never seen such a horrible staff. The immediate front office staff lacks customer service big times. They are rude and treat parents as if we were children ourselves. They embarrass the students in front of everyone but, yet they are putting ads everywhere around the schools about being against bullying. When they are the main bully's. My youngest daughter says her teacher spends the whole yelling at her. If she tells the teacher her stomach hurts she doesn't call me she tells her that's because she's hungry to just wait till lunch time. I expect to get a call and I be the one to decide if to believe her not. Then, my oldest daughter tells me her two teachers chit chat all the day long whole drinking Starbucks and yell at the students. There are way better charter schools.

Last year the environment was much more dedicated to our children. This year the teachers assigned to my son's class lack that commitment. Suffice to say that his math teacher announced her departure on a Friday to the children. Come Monday they had cafeteria teachers overseeing the class. Instead of engaging these teachers expect the children to be quiet and actually punish the entire class if several of the students misbehave by NOT allowing them recreational time outdoors. When asked I was told the older children - jr high kids- have priority. My son has also told me the teachers label kids in his class "lazy" and I've personally witnessed the schools principal yelling at kids for being late. These children can not control traffic or the departure time their parents plan when driving them to school. Is this better than public school? Barely, but yes. Just be involved in your child's day to day activities and keep applying to other charter schools. We as parents are not there to bake friends but to safeguard or kids. By being visible and letting the administrators and teachers know these children have a vouce, your voice, the school will eventually improve.

The School is great but my kids say that the teachers sometimes yell a lot I know the teachers they say but i dont wanna point out names or anything. But they also give a lot of homework! I mean my kids never get to do anything at home except for homework!

Last modified Youth Co-Op Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.