Public charter
Hialeah, FL

Posted April 30, 2014
It is a great school.The parents should be very happy if your son/daughter are studying in that school.All the educator team and staff in general are examples of dedication and responsibility each day.

Posted April 29, 2014
I very happy with youth co op it a very school and was very pleased of how much my little girl has learned. I think this is a very good school.

Posted March 17, 2014
My daughter has been in this school for two years now. She began in the preparatory section in Hialeah Gardens. Last year the staff and teachers were amazing and cared for their students had different activities for them to do. This year since both schools were combined into the new building the school is horrible. The entire staff from the preparatory section was fired. I have never seen such a horrible staff. The immediate front office staff lacks customer service big times. They are rude and treat parents as if we were children ourselves. They embarrass the students in front of everyone but, yet they are putting ads everywhere around the schools about being against bullying. When they are the main bully's. My youngest daughter says her teacher spends the whole yelling at her. If she tells the teacher her stomach hurts she doesn't call me she tells her that's because she's hungry to just wait till lunch time. I expect to get a call and I be the one to decide if to believe her not. Then, my oldest daughter tells me her two teachers chit chat all the day long whole drinking Starbucks and yell at the students. There are way better charter schools.

Youth Co-Op Charter School 3

Posted February 26, 2014
Last year the environment was much more dedicated to our children. This year the teachers assigned to my son's class lack that commitment. Suffice to say that his math teacher announced her departure on a Friday to the children. Come Monday they had cafeteria teachers overseeing the class. Instead of engaging these teachers expect the children to be quiet and actually punish the entire class if several of the students misbehave by NOT allowing them recreational time outdoors. When asked I was told the older children - jr high kids- have priority. My son has also told me the teachers label kids in his class "lazy" and I've personally witnessed the schools principal yelling at kids for being late. These children can not control traffic or the departure time their parents plan when driving them to school. Is this better than public school? Barely, but yes. Just be involved in your child's day to day activities and keep applying to other charter schools. We as parents are not there to bake friends but to safeguard or kids. By being visible and letting the administrators and teachers know these children have a vouce, your voice, the school will eventually improve.

Youth Co-Op Charter School 3

Posted February 25, 2014
The School is great but my kids say that the teachers sometimes yell a lot I know the teachers they say but i dont wanna point out names or anything. But they also give a lot of homework! I mean my kids never get to do anything at home except for homework!

Posted September 29, 2013
All I have to say is that this is a great school with great teachers and administrators. Thank you all for all you do for our children.

Posted September 28, 2013
I m a new parent and after what I witnessed on Friday, I started conducting some research on this school and came about this website. I m very concerned with the example my child and other students are receiving at this school. I visited the school on Friday, when this woman was yelling out at the top of her lungs to all the front office staff for switching something without her authorization. When I asked who she was, they told me that she was the Principal. How embarrassing!!! I felt horrible for those poor employees. No one, I mean no one, should be receiving that kind of treatment. I told one of the ladies that they should not be allowing that kind of treatment because not even do I allow my mother to treat or speak to me in that tone. I m very disappointment at this time because it s not only about the academics but also showing our children good moral, manners, and ensuring that our students are in a healthy environment.

Posted September 26, 2013
I just got back from the school open house. It was very informative. The school is well equipped with computers, smart boards, and the teachers are fabulous! The principal is very accessible and helpful. I am lucky to have found this great school for my child.

Posted September 25, 2013
Its funny because the post below talk about technology but the school doesn't even have the capacity to give the high school students their laptops because of too much traffic. Whoever is writing the post must be part of administration because they are full of it again call charter school operation if you have a complaint or email/call the board members. Parents speak out and don't let these people use your children. I remember a couple of years back Aragon made an announcement that everyone had to post good comments and I see that it is still being done because you write a negative comment and you get a couple positive so that the negative is not seen.

Posted September 24, 2013
YCCS is a school which stands out for its commitment to student excellence. Congratulations for earning an A in both the Elementary/Middle and High School. The administrators, teachers and staff are dedicated to the well-being of the students. The teachers' use of technology in introducing concepts which would otherwise be difficult to understand, shows their dedication in inspiring the students' learning experience. The teachers are always accessible to students for additional assistance. I am very grateful for the way the school places the students as their number one priority.

Youth Co-Op Charter School
7700 West 20th Avenue, Hialeah, FL  33016
Last modified Youth Co-Op Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Youth Co-Op Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews. Top