Bad
Good

i will always love this school i have wonderful memories there i was a student there back in 1991-1996 n they were the best years of my life

I was a student of James H. Bright from 1988 to 1991. That was back when 6th grade was still considered elementary school. My best school experiences were there. The teachers were phenomenal. Students and teachers were like one big,loud, goofy family. Back then we had the career lab in pod B, Mrs.Johnson( one of the P.E teachers back then) was in charge of cheer leading. It was my favorite part of the year when we got to cheer at the Jose Marti parade every January. Mrs. Gavinsky the music teacher was a wonderful music teacher who saw the music potential in each of her students and encouraged them all to learn how to play an instrument or work on their singing,and last but not even close to being least was Assistant Principal Mrs. Naveiras. She started "The Lunch Club" with just a few at risk kids and it grew like wild fire. Everyone wanted to come eat lunch at the office with her after a while. She would eat with us like parents do at the dinner table with their kids and discuss home, friends, class work,etc. It was more than just lunch, it was a great experience knowing she really cared about us. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE JAMES H BRIGHT ELEMENTARY. =)

This school has a great autism program. The only thing I do not like is that they do not have the afterschool program available for children with special needs.

There after school programs to help students that are lagging behind.

I love my school because it feels like a family and all of the children are receiving a great education.

Great school, as the teachers are always going that extra step to help the students.

Where beter to relax, laugh and have a wonderful time? Just in James H. Bright...

James H. Bright is the most awsome school in Dade County because it has the most amazing,caring and understanding staff!

Because we have amazing teachers that always have the students' best interests at heart.

I love my school because I work with such a great group of teachers. We are truly united and collaborate all the time! We are simply the best!

Last modified James H. Bright Elementary/J.W. Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.