Hialeah, FL

Posted November 03, 2012
i will always love this school i have wonderful memories there i was a student there back in 1991-1996 n they were the best years of my life

Posted November 17, 2011
I was a student of James H. Bright from 1988 to 1991. That was back when 6th grade was still considered elementary school. My best school experiences were there. The teachers were phenomenal. Students and teachers were like one big,loud, goofy family. Back then we had the career lab in pod B, Mrs.Johnson( one of the P.E teachers back then) was in charge of cheer leading. It was my favorite part of the year when we got to cheer at the Jose Marti parade every January. Mrs. Gavinsky the music teacher was a wonderful music teacher who saw the music potential in each of her students and encouraged them all to learn how to play an instrument or work on their singing,and last but not even close to being least was Assistant Principal Mrs. Naveiras. She started "The Lunch Club" with just a few at risk kids and it grew like wild fire. Everyone wanted to come eat lunch at the office with her after a while. She would eat with us like parents do at the dinner table with their kids and discuss home, friends, class work,etc. It was more than just lunch, it was a great experience knowing she really cared about us. I WILL ALWAYS LOVE JAMES H BRIGHT ELEMENTARY. =)

Posted November 30, 2010
This school has a great autism program. The only thing I do not like is that they do not have the afterschool program available for children with special needs.

James H. Bright Elementary/J.W. Johnson Elementary School 4

Posted October 13, 2010
There after school programs to help students that are lagging behind.

Posted April 28, 2010
I love my school because it feels like a family and all of the children are receiving a great education.

Posted April 16, 2010
Great school, as the teachers are always going that extra step to help the students.

Posted April 14, 2010
Where beter to relax, laugh and have a wonderful time? Just in James H. Bright...

Posted April 14, 2010
James H. Bright is the most awsome school in Dade County because it has the most amazing,caring and understanding staff!

Posted April 14, 2010
Because we have amazing teachers that always have the students' best interests at heart.

Posted April 14, 2010
I love my school because I work with such a great group of teachers. We are truly united and collaborate all the time! We are simply the best!

James H. Bright Elementary/J.W. Johnson Elementary School
2530 West 10th Avenue, Hialeah, FL  33010
Last modified James H. Bright Elementary/J.W. Johnson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James H. Bright Elementary/J.W. Johnson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top