Hialeah, FL

John G. Dupuis Elementary School 1

Posted September 25, 2014
The lack of care and insincerity is incredible. My son was being bullied by another student in his class last year. He told me what was going on and I addressed the issue with his teacher Ms. Hecheverria and she got the principle at the time Ms. Windsor involved and the issues stopped. To my surprise when this school year started he was placed in the same class with the bully not only him but another student with the same bully issues as well. The "new" adminstration of Ms. Nu ez was fully aware of this yet failed to advise the teacher and placed him in the same class. When I addressed Ms. Nu ez she advised me that I had to wait as it was the first day of school and it was chaotic for them. Not satisfied with her reply I left the school and came back when all the parents were gone and was calmer. So I went to the office to speak with her she did not address me directly instead sent her response with an officer worker. Not sure how the superintendent selects his principles but he needs to think about this one. We are trusting our children to be taken care of not to knowingly be placed in hands of bullies when the school is very aware of the situation.

Posted November 25, 2013
There are a few great teachers at this school but are overshadowed by the poor administration. Nepotism and hypocrisy is rampant in the administration.

Posted November 27, 2010
I have one child in the school and I find the teachers to be extremely dedicated. There is very little to no parental involvement. The principal and vice principal are too busy with FCAT to allow any extra curricular activities, such as field trips. Other schools go to the theatre, bowling and even skating at the end of the school year...none of that here. Events end up cancelled or postponed at the last minute. Yearbooks are scarce, meaning some years didn't even get one.

John G. Dupuis Elementary School 0

Posted April 13, 2010
The school does not have many fund raisers for after hours at the school itself, I have never been invited to visit my daughters classroom for an open house. She has never gone on a field trip with her 1st grade class. No idea when the children are due their report cards. My daughter does not speak Spanish at all, however she is placed in a Spanish for Spanish speakers class. This is very unfair.

Posted January 06, 2010

Posted June 08, 2008

Posted February 29, 2008

John G. Dupuis Elementary School
1150 West 59th Place, Hialeah, FL  33012
Last modified John G. Dupuis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John G. Dupuis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top