Miami Lakes K-8 Center 1

Posted September 16, 2014
They treat people horrible. Where is the Principal? How Long Can A Someone Act Principal? These children are given good grades to maintain school average. No one is checking out this school. It's bad really baaddd!

Posted April 17, 2014
Miami Lakes K- 8 Center is such an amazing school, in my opinion and personal experience, love the teachers, staff , i have three kids one that already left k-8 and is in 9th grade, 7th and 5th, my girls. I highly recommend place your child in our school.

Posted April 02, 2014
Miami Lakes K-8 has a great learning environment. They have many wonderful teachers who care about the children and make sure they are learning. It is a safe place to send our children.

Posted February 04, 2014
ML-K-8 center is a great school. Teachers are knowledgable and caring. My children love this school. PTSA is great and offer many extra activities for the students. Stay involved in your child's education!

Posted September 23, 2013
4 kids...youngest just started K, oldest did K-8 at this school. Great school, teachers, and principal. Bad teachers are the exception. For the critics, look at yourselves in the mirror...and get involved. MLK-8 greatly encourages parental involvement and it makes a huge difference.

Posted September 14, 2013
Great environment, great Teachers, Administration and all personnel. Good relationship between parents and administration. Very good School.

Posted September 12, 2013
Miami lakes k8 has been an A+ school for 14 years. We have a wonderful team of administrators, teachers, and staff. As a parent of 3, all 3 of my children have been there since kindergarten. I now have a 10th grader. 8th and 6th grader. The parent involvement in our school is welcomed by our amazing principal Rosy Calvo. We have an awesome PTSA which I have been involved in for several years now. Our PTSA has won many awards throughout the years. We support out school and already have over 800 members thus far that have joined the PTSA and it hasn't even been a month yet. We would really like to renovate a small stage we have with a curtain paint and flooring. The $5000 would really help us accomplish this. Thank you. Lisa Rodriguez

Posted April 21, 2013
The teachers at this school are very personable. So is the immediate staf you deal with at the school. The only thing I would critique is that the school staff at the office is not very outgoing. You have to do all your leg work because asking a question there is useless. The School however has lots of activities for the kids. take advantage of all of it!

Miami Lakes K-8 Center 3

Posted August 30, 2012
This is my daughter's 2nd year at this school and she loves it. I think the education is good and they really push reading, which is a good thing. My complaint is the administrative staff. They're extremely rude! I walked into the office and it was full of parents and kids. the office staff looked extremely annoyed and basically ignored me when I asked a question. They looked like they were in complete misery and it was only 8:30 in the morning! I dont get it, if your not happy in your job then look for something else, I know plenty of people who will take their place and do a much better job! Anyone should be happy and grateful they have a job during these hard times. My other complaint is they don't keep parents in the know.. You get a day or two at most, notice of an awards ceremony or an open house, and they make the awards in the middle of the day so I have to miss a work day. I work as do alot of other parents and I need to tell my boss well in advance if I need to leave early or miss a day from work. I feel they have no consideration for working parents. I wish I didnt have to work and be more involved in the school and be part of the PTA, but I cant, I have bills to pay!

Miami Lakes K-8 Center 2

Posted October 15, 2011
MLK-8 is the what I call "organized chaos". Every school event is disorganized with not sense of a beginning or end. I've noticed on many occasions that the disorganization is intentional to keep those of us who are not Spanish speaking off-balance. Parking is non-existent at the school grounds. The child who is not Spanish-speaking is shoved into Spanish for native speakers with all instructions given in Spanish. The teacher was very slow to believe that my child is not a Spanish speaker. My child is constantly verbally bullied by the older children in the hallways. She is called "ugly". If she retaliates, she gets in trouble. When she was struck in the eye by another student; the school did not bother to notify me. Instead, they isolated her from the other children but kept the offending child in with the others. No notes come home when your child is hurt at this school. The Principal and Assistance Principals do not have time for grievances and I worry for my child's safety. The quality of teaching varies from excellent to very poor. There is extensive parent involvement; however, be prepared to be isolated if you are not Spanish speaking.

Miami Lakes K-8 Center
14250 Northwest 67th Avenue, Hialeah, FL  33014
Last modified Miami Lakes K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miami Lakes K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 56 reviews. Top