Hialeah, FL

Marcus A. Milam K-8 Center 2

Posted January 23, 2015
I am disappointed that my kids attend this school. I am presently searching for another alternative. The school is backwards, like other posts show. The parents who post excellent reviews have no idea how other schools operate. It's so apparent that leadership is lacking in this school. Yes, the staff is caring, but that doesn't necessarily make them effective, or the school excellent.The school has no parental involvement. I am the only parent sending supplies for my kids' teachers. The administration is never visible. Teachers morale seems low. So they made learning gains in three years. Well, up is the only way you can go with kids that don't speak the language and perform low initially. Take a look at their scores again....all the way down once more. Administration should start of thinking of ways to bring them up again. A working computer in my kids class would be helpful too. Are there worse schools? Probably. However, this school is not a 5 star school. For those that think it is, try visiting other schools, and you will be enlightened.

Posted August 08, 2014
Milam K-8 Center provides a nurturing, family-like atmosphere for children from Pre-K to eighth grade. The school building itself is old, but the teachers are well prepared with excellent pedagogy and provide the students with a rigorous academic experience. Staff members are caring and kind to students. The administration is excellent! In fact, the principal, a humble and extremely caring lady, was recognized this past year as one of the top principals in the state. This award was given to her after an extensive study showed that Milam was one of the top six schools in Florida with the highest learning gains over the last three years. Obviously, the teachers are doing an extraordinary job of preparing students for high school and beyond. The school encourages parental involvement and holds numerous family events. I am very happy that my two daughters are students at this extraordinary school! I highly recommend Milam to all parents who want to provide their kids with a high quality education in a wonderful atmosphere.

Posted June 05, 2014
This place is like a second family. A second home, if you will. The past 7 years that I've spent this year are probably the best compared to years at other schools. However poor this school may look, I swear, there is no other school as us and as responsible and educated as us. The teachers care personaly about the students and do everything in their willpower to make sure that the students have a bright future. Milam has tought me sooooo much more than I could have ever imagined. I truly belive that the definition of family is In fact Milam. #Milamclassof2014 #milamstrong I hope one day, everyone else at other schools realize just how great Milam is.

Marcus A. Milam K-8 Center 2

Posted September 12, 2013
This is the most backward and most unprofessional school I have ever seen. From security in flip flops that speak no English to the clinic nurse that also lacks knowledge of this countries language. I had middle schoolers transfer here and they would tell you themselves that it's a joke. There is no academic rigor and they scare kids to perform well on tests by telling them all the teachers will be fired. Of course there a few stellar teachers but the overall third world country atmosphere over shadows it.

Posted July 31, 2012
The School atmosphere is great. Teachers are very involve in their students. I have three girls of my own and they all have had awsome teachers and great learning experience i can't ask for more. I plan for my daughters to be there thru their middle school years as well.

Posted April 02, 2012
Great school and great office comuntication with parents the fact that the middle and elementary is seppareted is great very nice school only thing it would have been great if they would have two pre k classes one is just too small.

Posted September 01, 2009

Posted May 20, 2009

Posted August 07, 2008

Posted March 28, 2007
- a former student

Marcus A. Milam K-8 Center
6020 West 16th Avenue, Hialeah, FL  33012
Last modified Marcus A. Milam K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marcus A. Milam K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top