Hialeah, FL

Posted September 24, 2014
This school is going down hill since the new principal came here about 3 years ago. The principal is RUINING this once fabulous school. Overall, the school is not allowing the parents to participate in any school activities. Long gone are the days where you can take a picture of your child getting awards with classmates and teacher. Really who wants Ms.Bernal in the picture? not me. Also I remember being invited to go see my child in field day, well not anymore! She took that away from the parents too! God forbid you should have to speak to a teacher after school, she doesn't allow that either. Ms. Bernal you get an F on your ethics, manners and overall demeanor.

Posted August 14, 2014
This is the worse school my daughter has attended: first off i hate the uniforms, it reminds me of janitors and prisoners, Light Blue Tops and Navy Blue Pants. Also you cant park close to the school to either pick up or drop off, your obligated to do that very long line that takes for ever. At the award ceremonies the children are escorted right out as if there to get kidnapped. In her old school, I would meet her friends and even take pictures of them together. Besides this i never had any complaints from her with bulling or mean teachers but then again my daughter has always been an honors student and well behaved.

Posted July 22, 2013
Sad, twin lakes is the worst school , good teachers and a very polite assistant principal, but sadly I can't say the same about new principal. A very uneducated person. My SON is now ATTENDING Palm Spring Middle, and I am very glad. Hope she learns how to treat parents and teachers, because if she keeps on like that, she will have to retired, I can't understand why she is like that because she is very smart. :(

Twin Lakes Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2013
The new principal in this school is very rude, they care more about attendance then the health of child or situation. When you try to set up a meeting they take FOREVER. I am concidering changing my child from that school to North twin lakes.

Posted November 15, 2012
I can rate the school a 0% due to the principal that the school has . teachers are very nice, but the principal is very rude, has no professional ethical at all screams to all the kids in the hall way, kids are afraid when they see her. Don't let them finish there breakfast, insults parents verbally and thinks she is in the army, if you walk in the office the ladies that work in the office have to whisper because she doens't allow them to talk to nobody. She treats the teachers like if they were kindergardten. You cant enjoy the award ceremony anymore everything is running no pictures can't be taken, no christmas show, no spring show, the shows is were the kids use to show there talents.

Posted November 09, 2012
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE PREVIOUS COMMENT , SINCE THE NEW PRINCIPAL, THIS SCHOOL IS GETTING EVERYDAY WORST.I CAN'T EVEN BELIEF HOW RUDE AND UNPROFESIONAL SHE IS.. I AM GLAD THAT THIS IS MY LAST YEAR HERE SO THE PAIN IS GOING TO LEFT ME SOON. I RECOMEND NORTH TWIN LAKE, THERE YOU CAN TAKE PICTURES OS YOUR KIDS WHEN THEY GET THEIR CEREMONIES, A PRIVILEGE THAT WE LOST AS A PARENT OF TWIN LAKE SINCE WE HAVE NEW PRINCIPAL.. YES BECAUSE THE OTHER REVIEW FORGOT TO TELL THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN TAKE PICTURES OF YOUYR KIDS ON CEREMONIES. SO SAD...

Posted October 31, 2012
This school used to be one of the bests schools in hialeah area, but now it is not like that any more. Since, Ivette bernal pino begins as or new principal. It have been a mess, parents are treat as garbage, she screams to kids, parents, and staff. All the parents have been calling to the region but the region have been doing nothing. I am a very concern parent, I can't even belief that I will have to move my kids because of her.... She doesn't care about kids or staff... On rainy days , she doesn't let the parents go with a umbrella to where the kids are.. You have to wait under rain until a staff member bring your kids to you! It is incredible I haven't seen this situation in any other school.. I am very disappointed as a parent.. Also school activities such as Christmas have been cut... Also parents can't be in school as volunteers . . Since Mrs the Leon left this school have been a big mess... It is really sad because the school staff taking out the principal is really good.. Here we have excellent teachers that care about their students and about their well being..

Twin Lakes Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2012
My 2 boys have been going to this school for 2 years now and overall it is a pretty good school. Some of the pros are: They have a lot of activities, they are organized, they have amazing teachers and staff that work hard to get your child what they need, and they make sure every child is at appropriate reading and math levels. Some of the cons are: after school pick-up takes forever, you are not allowed inside the school, it is hard to speak to the teacher after school (have to set up meeting), they give A LOT of homework, and they are super strict about attendance. Overall, though my children are happy, learning, and improving everyday.

Twin Lakes Elementary School 5

Posted December 23, 2011
There is a new principal its is no longer mrs.de leon the new principal is very tough on the kids sometimes but she is well educated. she is excellent she plans lots of fun activities for the kids and i especially love it to as well i am a student at this school

Twin Lakes Elementary School

Posted August 24, 2009
This is my daughters' first day of school in kindergarten. I was very suprised to hear from my child that she never washed her hands in school. I believe that as a priority teachers should make an effort to make sure that they wash their hands. Also the school is very nice and the teacher, but to pick up your child was a nightmare. There is no organization to pick up you lil ones.... maybe because it was the first day...lets see what happens in the next few days.

Twin Lakes Elementary School
6735 West 5th Place, Hialeah, FL  33012
Last modified Twin Lakes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Twin Lakes Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top