1,716 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly agree

I went to HML for freshman year and sophomore year. And I'm so glad I did. When I first when to HML I didn't know anybody, but it was so easy to make friends! Everyone is so friendly. So don't worry about what you hear. There are barley any bullies or fights. It's a calm environment. The school is huge and it has 3 cafeterias! There are 7 buildings and portables. The main building is beautiful on the inside, colorful and filled with trophies! I think if you are planning to go to HML, to join a sport or club! HML has a lot of school spirit! The pep rallies are so fun! Also the teachers are very nice, I don't know about all, but for me I've learned a lot and always had A's and B's. Just be nice to everyone, and you'll be great! There are also a lot of programs like iPrep. Oh and did I forget to mention all 9th and 10th graders get tablets! And iPrep gets Apple MacBook Airs. And next year juniors will get them too. And in 2017 seniors will also! Very safe environment! Really recommend this high school. Unfortunately, I moved so I had to switch schools, but I wish I didn't! Best school ever!

I went to HML my freshman year and sophomore year. I didn't know anybody, but I guess it was easy making friends! Everyone gets along! To be honest, don't listen to people saying that you will get bullied. That was probably back then. But now we have a new principle and a lot of new rules. Everyone is friendly. Also the school has so much school spirit. The pep rallies are amazing! There are a lot of clubs and sports. The school is huge and it's beautiful on the inside, which numerous of trophies. There are 3 cafeterias, and I think it's the best high school to graduate from. Sadly, I moved so I had to leave HML. But I wish I never did! :))

bullying is not addressed as it should. teachers see bullying and don't even step up and do anything about it.. I wish I could put my child in another school if it wasn't because of transportation.

Pretty nice and good learning methods. They could use this money for repainting & finishing up the iPrep floor.

GO TROJANS ! i'm a former teacher in hialeah-miami lakes highschool, and i absolutely love the students, teachers, and staff of this faculity. Everyone under estimates this highschool, when now were rated as hialeah's highest FCAT score school. Best school ever.

It needs an administration overhaul. You should think about putting your child in American, Goleman, or other area schools before sending your child to HML.

My daughter graduated from this school in 2002, and my son is currently a student ( he will be graduating in 2009) and both of a children have recieved an amazing education as well as given the oppurtunity to participate in a variety of prestigious student organizations. I am honestly proud of this school as if it was my own alma mater.

Last modified Hialeah-Miami Lakes Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.