1,001 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Posted December 17, 2015
My daughter attended this school and was subjected to bullying on a daily basis when she was in 4th grade. She had the misfortune of having apathetic teachers who did nothing to help the situation. Administration is a joke. What's the point of hanging countless banners to discourage bullying when you do nothing to stop it. Practice what you preach! Now she is a strong, beautiful young lady that asserts herself whenever possible. What does not kill you, makes you stronger.

Posted February 07, 2015
I am so lucky I found this school. I just wish my oldest son could have gone there as well. My youngest is in second grade and is receiving a great education. I have great things about the school and now I see it first hand.

Posted January 29, 2015
I am so glad that I moved out of this area. The quality of education has declined significantly. This school has an incompetent school administration and staff. My child is doing much better at her new school. I had horrible experiences at this school. My daughter had the misfortune of having some teachers that were not patient or sympathetic to her bullying. They did nothing to help but just turn the blind eye.

Posted February 26, 2014
The assistant principal at this school is completely unprofessional and incompetent. She does not reason with you or try to help the situation. This school needs to get it together. Figure out a better drop off system. Happy to say my child will not be attending this school next year.

Ben Sheppard Elementary School 4

Posted August 22, 2013
This is a Great School, how do I know?, I don't like write false reviews, that's why I want to share my why. since I live close to this school just half a block away my daughter started on first grade and now she started 5th grade, Chris 10 years old. She has had very good teachers all these years,the principal is a very professional one, besides that this school has very good programs like magnet and others so, my daughter has got very good scores in all of these years, the security of this school is very good too, so I.' Be missing a lot all the school staff when my daughter ends this current scholar course because this school has been a very good one for my daughter.

Posted August 14, 2013
Great school great teachers great environment for the children I have had only positive result with my children

Posted June 21, 2013
I love this school. My two kids go to the school and i love the things they are doing. They are learning so much! I love the teachers and the administration. Parents are very happy. Dr. Tagle is an incredibly caring person who ready cares about the students and the school. He always has is door open to us at any time.

Ben Sheppard Elementary School 2

Posted January 20, 2012
Both of my children have been going to this school for 3 years. (the youngest for 2) I am being kind by giving this school a 2. The ONLY reason I am doing so is because there have been 2 great teachers involved with my daughter last year. I have FINALLY been able to get a meeting with my daughter's teachers after numerous requests of both letters, e-mail, and showing up to the office. (if you are lucky they will acknowlege you). I finally wrote directly to the principle and got some results. I believe that many of the issues, unfortunately, are due to the lack of resources available for a lower income area. It is the way it is in this country. It is sad. I am sorry to say I find the school very unorganized and lacking good leadership. The principle, Mr Tagle, is a kind person who listens and trys to help but he can only do so much. If it wasn't for my situation I would have RUN away from this school and town a LONG time ago.

Ben Sheppard Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2005
I dont a gree with many of the parents that say that ben shepperd is and exelent school , my child went to ben shepperd for one year ,I went there for 6 when I was young and the method of teaching has changed poorly.its as if teachers no longer teach , they only supervize.

Posted August 06, 2004
I just want to say that if you have any problems at all, or seem to think that it's a problem; you can count on discussing it with Mr. Diaz, the Principal. He is very helpful and assists you with the problems. You can say he is an action type of Principal, not the common 'I will see what I can do' type of Principal. It was a pleasure of him as a Principal last year.

Ben Sheppard Elementary School
5700 West 24th Avenue, Hialeah, FL  33016
Last modified Ben Sheppard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.