High Springs, FL

Posted August 22, 2015
Teachers and entire support staff (from the new principal to the wonderful custodial staff) have been more than supportive toward our children...showing them lots of love and attention. They are more than willing to help kids with their struggles and acknowledge their strengths. The "Student of the Week" program is outstanding and a real ego boost for kiddos! We are very pleased with High Springs Community School!!! :)

Posted November 27, 2014
I went to this school K-8 and it was a great school then and it is a great school now. I have 2 sons who go there. I love the teachers, they are friendly. Never had any problems so far! Great school! Go Hawks!

Posted August 18, 2014
This is a fantastic school my two children just love it 5 th and 6 th grades.

Posted April 07, 2014
I went to this school for eight years (grade 1-8), and I have to say the teachers and students are sooooo respectful. Everyone is so academically smart and so friendly. I can promise any parent that they will most certainly never regret taking their child to this outstanding school. Go HSCS Hawks!!

High Springs Community School 3

Posted September 25, 2013
High Springs Community School is a very traditionally minded school. I have found there are a few innovative teachers sprinkled in the mix but as a whole the school lacks fresh and current practices. Most classes are structured with the same type of environment that was used to teach your great grandmothers....this does not prepare todays child for tomorrows world. At the middle school level students are offered extremely limited elective options. At best this is an average school. I have found the focus is *teaching to the test* and most teachers are not focused on inspiring children to be active and motivated learners. Compared to the neighboring schools, who are failing to meet adequate yearly progress, this school is the best option but by all means do not expect energetic and cutting edge educational trends at this school. The atmosphere may change over the next few years as soon as some of the tired and *old school* teachers retire and are replaced with those who WANT to teach and see kids excited to be learning.

Posted December 07, 2009
I rather my children go back to newberry elementary yes there work is harder then most elem. schools but things go way different there but this is a good different.

Posted February 07, 2008
Both my children have gone to ANLC since they were 5 years old. ANLC is a school where the children come first. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best without being labeled as the smart or dumb kids. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal is kind and knows each child by name. She is a great example of a leader and I will miss seeing her everyday as my daughter graduates this year. Thank you ANLC for bringing out the best in my children and giving them the encouragement and confidence they need to go out into the world!'

Posted November 16, 2007
My children moved here from a South Florida school. Yes, there isn't that much Cultural diversity but both my elemtary and middle school children love it. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The Administration always has time for the parents. It is a small school but with very good integrity. My children have learned so much. The school could use a little remodeling.

High Springs Community School 1

Posted February 16, 2007
Cultural influences, second-languages, arts and diversity are not promoted. There are no resources for children who do not fit this schools 'norm' or its very specific student preferences.

High Springs Community School 4

Posted August 15, 2006
My child moved to this school from aa neighboring school Because it did not meet AYP. My child was given the chance to 'shine' at High Springs Community School. The teachers are caring, consistent and well-trained. All schools have some issues...our children shouldn't have to be pawns.

1015 North Main Street, High Springs, FL  32643
(386) 454-1958
Last modified High Springs Community School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
High Springs Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top