428 students|Polk

Bad
Good

Posted September 29, 2014
I have been extremely pleased with this school & my daughter loves it. The security is as much as you could expect & well done. The way they get K's acclimated to the school is very well done. The principal is definitely a leader to the teachers and students. My daughter is in Kindergarten. There were more K students this year than expected so all the classes were too large and they had to make an extra class. My daughter was chosen to be pulled into the new class. The way they did it was great for the kids. I am glad they did it because smaller classes are better for the students to get the attention they need with the teacher. Both of the teachers that she has had have been great. They are more focused on each individual students learning needs. Example: a child may be ahead in some areas and behind in others, that child is taught to move forward where they are ahead even if the other students aren't ready for new materials. And they are helped to catch up where they are behind even if they are way behind. They are all learning on an individual basis. When I was in school - the class learned together & it didn't matter if you were ahead or behind in any area and I hated this.

Posted September 17, 2012
HCE is the best school ever! I have lots of friends here. Exellent teachers. I am in fifth grade at HCE, i have been going since kindergarten. And a really nice principal, too.It has a library too. Big selection of books. No one ever gets bullied here, and if you do, it gets taken care of Immediately. I love hce and i am sad to go to middle school soon. eh, its a part of growing up, so i gotta deal with it :(. If you are looking for a school for your child to go to, i recomennd hce.<3

Posted August 13, 2009
Love HCE! Small school with a big heart. My daughter will be going into her 4th year at this school and my son is entering Kindergarten. Proud to have my children attending.

Posted October 21, 2008
I have 3 grandchildren and many adopted grandchildren in HCE. I am a volunteer and can only say good things about the teachers, Miss Hall, Mr. Roberts and the staff at this school. This small town school with a big heart has got to be the best school ever. I only wish that my daughter had been able to attend it when she was younger. Kyle, Kasey, & Kammi Cribbs Nana

Posted May 05, 2008
My nana used to work here. Her name was Mrs. Meinke. She retired, but she never stops talking about this school. I went there through all of elementary. I'm now in 7th grade. I realize now, that I couldn't have asked for a better school. Rachel Meinke

Posted September 26, 2005
My son has attended this school since kindergarten and he is now in fourth grade. I have nothing but praises for the school, the office faculty and the teachers. My son has enjoyed his years here tremendously. Highland City is a growing school, hopefully it won't get away from its small town effect.

Posted January 07, 2005
My son is now in middle school but my daughter still attends HCE. The qualtiy of HCE only improves over the years. Keep up the great work !

Posted May 14, 2004
What a wonderful school my daughter attends. I could not ask for a better place or better people.

Posted January 20, 2004
Highland City Elementary truly is Polk's 'best kept secret'. It is a small, family-friendly school, where teachers and administrators know students and family members by name. The school continues to perform well each year, and has the kind of leadership that expects the best from the teachers and students there. I have a daughter in 3rd, and a daughter in K. My kindergartener has a physical disability, and her teacher is fabulous and has truly been able to look past the disability and see the abilities of the child. We couldn't have asked for a better start to her schooling. My 3rd grader also benefits from the small class size and small school setting of HCE. I cannot say enough about the warm and welcoming atmosphere at HCE, and look forward to our youngest attending there as well in a few years.

Posted November 17, 2003
When you walk onto the campus of Highland City Elementary you immediately notice this school is like no other. The grounds are immaculate with little gardens sprinkled around the campus. Beautiful classical music is piped throughout the campus and everyone you meet greets you with a warm and friendly smile. This is my 15th year as a teacher at Higland City Elementary and I can not imagine teaching anywhere else. My children both attend HCE and are receiving a top notch education that will prepare them to be lifelong learners. This school is truly a 'gem' in the crown of the Polk County School District.

Highland City Elementary School
5355 9th Street Southeast, Highland City, FL  33846
Last modified Highland City Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.