Hilliard, FL

Hilliard Middle-Senior High School 4

Posted July 26, 2012
We have recently moved into the district, and were very pleased with the faculty and their collective approach towards academics. We have seen positive results in both of our children's grades as a result. Hats off to these folks for their dedication and time spent with our kids.

Posted August 30, 2011
We have moved around allot, this school is the reason I want to put down roots in this one light little town. We have never experienced so much individual attention. My son went from not wanting to do his school and homework, to bringing home and actually doing his homework. I just love the guidance counselor Mrs. Erin Land; she has made our experience with this school so wonderful. My son is now on the football team and that is the drive behind his change and we could not have accomplished that without so much reinforcement from the staff. I can hardly put into words how much I appreciate the staff at this school.

Posted December 04, 2009
I am please with the staff and the support from the teachers and the office personal

Posted September 16, 2009
Hilliard Middle-Senior High School is the best! My children attended many schools as we moved around with the Navy. I love HMSHS because of the individual attention each student gets. This is a small school and everyone knows everyone, love it! They have a Principal this year, Mr. Tilly, and he runs this school with great pride!

Posted April 16, 2009
I will be graduating Hilliard Middle-Senior High School in May 2009 and i can personally say that it has been the best six years of my life. Hilliard High offers a self of family with small class sizes. I admit that the school does seem to teach directly about the FCAT but we learn much more than about the FCAT. We learn self responsibility and the staff care for the students. While attending Hilliard High I have participated in the Dual Enrollment Program and when I graduate i will have twelve credit hours left to do for my A.A. degree.

Hilliard Middle-Senior High School 1

Posted October 26, 2008
I attended Hilliard High School and felt that the education I had received was good but didn't properly equip me for my future ambitions. Today, my children attend HMSHS. The faculty today, is far from acceptable. It appears that the only thing that is on their minds has to do with teaching directly for the FCAT and nothing else. Other than that the faculty is only available to collect a paycheck. Their apprears to be no discipline, order or ownership responsibility by the faculty or students. The teacher do not require the students be respectful which causes enables the students who want to learn. There are no TRUE honors classes offered here and no talent scouts for any of the sports programs. The students are not encouraged to excel to their full potential and or beyond. If I could aford to move them to a better school. I would!

Hilliard Middle-Senior High School 2

Posted March 28, 2008
I attended Hilliard from kindergarten through eighth grade. I absolutely loved and enjoyed my time spent there. I always considered myself fairly smart and never received less than an 'A' in a class. However, upon moving to a college preparatory school in Jacksonville, I realized that Hilliard had not fully prepared me like it should have. I feel I would have had a harder time in college if I had stayed in Hilliard. Also, there is not a strong push for students to attend 4 year universities from the staff. While I think that the small classes were beneficial in the lower grades, the middle and high school need quite a bit of work to make them comparable to the more advanced schools in the area.

Posted March 15, 2008
I am a student at Hmshs.And i must say.This school has some problems.The teachers are great but most of the students here are jerks.They never listen becasue the teacher dont really care what they do as long as they arent messing with them.There are to many bullys and only a few good friends there.The lunches are Terricifc and the campus is clean.But we do need to make a few changes-student

Posted January 15, 2008
This place is the best especialy the teachers

Hilliard Middle-Senior High School 1

Posted December 29, 2007
This school doesn't do what it's suppose to do. It doesn't teach us children what we should be learning because of all the interuptions by bad students the teachers need to crack down on the bad children.

1 Flashes Ave, Hilliard, FL  32046
Last modified Hilliard Middle-Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hilliard Middle-Senior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top