731 students|Nassau

Bad
Good

Posted November 20, 2014
If you are thinking of putting your child in this school and you're not from Hilliard,FL, think twice. While the school itself is clean and nice, the front office secretary has a poor personality and can be rude at times. The conduct system they have implemented needs to be redone because it's very subjective and they base it off of a teacher's mood than off of actual classroom behavior. Teachers there do not like to have to repeat instructions at the kindergarten level and feel that a kindergarten student should be adult enought to hear it once maybe twice and if they still do not complete a task or assignment they are punished by a poor conduct grade that is given. This is unacceptable and needs to stop. No kindergarten student should be punished for quietly sitting in one's seat and simply not completing an assignment. It is the teacher's responsibility to continuously motivate, encourage and guide these young ones towards success, but not at Hilliard Elementary. If you are NOT gifted and from Hilliard, you are cast as not only an outsider but as a regressed young individual who does not listen or follow the simplest instruction.

Posted September 26, 2009
this is a great school my two kids attend there and I couldntbe happier

Hilliard Elementary School 4

Posted September 20, 2008
I think this school has been pretty good so far. My children have been here since 2007. We moved here from Jax north side and I have been through quit a bit already. We had put our son in our neighborhood school for k-1st. Very bad! he went down hill the whole time. (they told me I was over worried) We switched to a private school for his 2nd year and my daughters 1st pre-4 and that was great yet costly. We then switched to me homeschooling for his 3rd year and my daughters k. This was great seeing I had no job. It was fun, we could get classes done and still have 1/2 a day. They both excelled and he also past his test at the end of the year. We then moved here and they are doing great. Thank you HES. solid ground.

Hilliard Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2008
I am very impressed with the communication between the parents and the teacher. The staff is very concerned about each students education. I feel that there are only a couple of areas for improvement.

Posted February 19, 2008
Do not recommend this school at all. Have had several issues with the lack of proper discipline of bullies. My child was threatened with supspension as well as the other student that hit them. How is that fair? If one student does all the hitting why should both get in trouble?

Posted August 20, 2007
I considered home schooling until we moved to this area and found out how great this school is. Our church partners with the school, assisting them with volunteer needs as well as financial needs. HES is a great school in a great community!!

Hilliard Elementary School 5

Posted July 14, 2007
Very good student to teacher ratio. My sons are testing very well nationally.

Hilliard Elementary School 5

Posted September 19, 2006
The staff is very accommodating when it comes to meeting my child's educational needs. The principal shows outstanding leadership and expects the same from her staff. My child's teacher communicates weekly with newsletters! I am always informed of school events, allowing me time to schedule around them.

Posted September 19, 2005
Having had my child already enrolled in a previous preschool program, I found that the program at this school was awful. It lacked resources, funding.

Posted May 17, 2004
Reading/literacy assistance is appreciated.

27568 Ohio Street, Hilliard, FL  32046
Last modified Hilliard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.