Hobe Sound, FL

Posted March 20, 2014
Very happy with our transition to HSE. My son's teachers are fabulous and administration is top notch. Even though it's only been a few months, my son has many new friends and his teachers know him. Communication is great!

Posted October 08, 2013
Hobe Sound Elementary School is a wonderful, holistic, educationally sound caring community of talented, hard-working professionals. I have had the pleasure of being a substitute teacher in this facility several times and find its staff truly dedicated to delivering the best instructional practices while encouraging and motivating every child to feel unique and special.

Posted February 04, 2011
This school has strong leadership, great curriculum, great teachers and great incentives for kids; such as, NEST cards that they can trade in for a reward. There are awards and ceremeny given out every quarter for honor roll students; the principal has a special breakfast for straight A students. At the end of the year, all the students who read the Sunshine State books get trophies! There are lots of educational after school-programs offered for little or no cost; such as, social studies academic games, or Mad Science Lab. The facility is very clean. I also like the fact that they are strict, and any bullying is dealt with head on. I love the school.

Posted November 17, 2010
The administration is stellar. Hobe Sound Elementary is lucky to have Mrs. Gibbons and Mr. Gore as principal and vice-principal. I was skeptical coming from a private school, but the school has challenges and meets them head on and all issues are addressed and handled well. Teachers are very responsive. As with any school, there are going to be little things; such as, not liking the way they have to teach a certain curriculum. That doesn't have to do with the school, but the Florida public school standards. This school does so much to motivate and reward the children for their hard work; it's impressive. Parental involvment is high also. I can't say enough good things about this school, everything from curriculum, to the great teachers and administration.

Hobe Sound Elementary School

Posted July 04, 2009
Our 1st Grade experience was very good. I feel the children were a little behind in Math as compared with two other 1st grade classes in different states. Our teacher, Mrs. Newman was wonderful.

Posted July 03, 2009
I think the school is great mostly because of the after school program and summer camp that's run by mrs. Ingram she really works great with kids and knows what she's doing thanks mrs ingram your awsome

Hobe Sound Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2007
Having moved here from New England, I was somewhat skeptical about the schools in Florida, but this particular school has been great for both of my kids. The facility is beautiful and always very clean. The after school program has been great, too, lead by Mrs. Ingram. She's fantastic.

Posted August 11, 2006
Now that we have our new school, we have been provided with not only more programs but excellent teachers!

Hobe Sound Elementary School 3

Posted February 28, 2006
Unfortunately, all Florida public schools have to adhere to FCATs, more unfortunately is that our children spend most of their time trying to learn how to take the FCAT and not on just try to learn how to read, write and math. Hobe Sound tries their best, but I feel they are overwhelmed with the amount of students, crippled teachers (great teachers just not enough resources for them to excel). Again, not just this public elementary, but all in Florida are not doing right by our children. Giving them PE, Science, Art, Music and Computers only 1 hour 1 time a week. On the brighter side The extended day program is outstanding.

Hobe Sound Elementary School 4

Posted January 24, 2006
I love that HSE is a small, 'community' school. I love that the principal is an African American woman. I love that the school has a junior master gardeners program. I love that many of the teachers have been there long enough that our babysitters ooften had the same teachers! That said , it is time for some to retire. In my opinion FCAT scores are given too much focus at school, but I suspect that is problem everywhere thanks to the no child left unstressed law.

Hobe Sound Elementary School
11555 Southeast Gomez Avenue, Hobe Sound, FL  33455
Last modified Hobe Sound Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hobe Sound Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top