Sea Wind Elementary School

Public | K-5 | 687 students

Posted December 10, 2013

I am a substitute teacher in both Martin and St Lucie counties and this is one of my favorite schools. The teachers and administration are excellent and the vast majority of the children are well-mannered, polite and respectful to each other and the staff.

Posted November 12, 2013

We moved to the area over the and my son started first grade. We are VERY HAPPY with the school so far. He did not enjoy kindergarten at his previous school and did not want to go. He loves school now and is happy when he goes and when he comes home.

Posted September 30, 2013

My daughter has been at Seawind for three years now and I am amazed with this school. I could not have picked a better school myself for her. Staff is extremely friendly and always there to answer any questions you may have. The teachers really go above and beyond for their students. The principal is friendly and caring. I am more than pleased with Seawind Elementary and when the time comes for my son to enroll this will be the school for him as well! Amazing school!

Posted August 22, 2013

I think this is a well run school with very dedicated and skilled teachers. I have seen administration change hands but it still seems to function seamlessly. If you are a parent who wants to have zero involvement than you will not benefit as much as those who are involved in the day to day of their students studies.

Posted April 25, 2010

Seawind Elementary is a collection teachers and administrators and staff that are totally committed to providing the best educational foundation for their students that they can. They also strive for excellent outreach.

Posted February 24, 2010

The staff at this school are known to go against the wishes of the students' parents when it comes to matters of responsibility. Terrible school.

Posted October 12, 2009

All children at SeaWind are given the opportuinity to reach their highest capacity. All children and staff work together to make SeaWind the best school in Florida.

Posted October 9, 2009

SeaWind Elementary has amazing teachers. They are always willing to go above and beyond what is called for. Our volunteers are so dedicated and reliable.

Posted October 8, 2009

Great staff who put the children first. Good spirt. They stress believe, acheive and succeed. The principal has an excellent open door policy.

Posted October 7, 2009

I love SeaWind Elementary because the teachers and staff care and love our children and are always looking to make it a better place to be. They go above and beyond what you can expect!

Posted October 7, 2009

I am a second grade teacher here at SeaWind and I love my students, my co-workers, my parents, and my administrators.

Posted October 5, 2009

SeaWind is our favorite because we care about our students and staff. Everyone is caring and involved. Our PTSA helps our students and our teachers with new programs and volunteer help. Our teachers and staff are the best! Our students and parents rock! We love our school!

Posted May 29, 2007

The music program is wonderful. Mrs. Willoughbee offers a top quality elementary school experience. The Science teacher, Mrs. Read offers wonderful after school programs too. I have two children at Seawind. Everyone seems friendly and our children are happpy there.

Posted May 4, 2007

My son has attended Kindergarten at Seawind this year. I cannot speak highly enough about his teacher, Ms. Kapalko. She really cares about her students, challenges them with their work and is creative and fun with their assignments. Overall, I have found the staff to always be helpful and available. We are moving away this summer and I am sad to leave this wonderful school.

Posted April 25, 2007

I have 2 children at Sea Wind and I find the teachers are great. They definitely care about the students and their achievements. I am unhappy with the new principal, Mr. Green, and feel he lacks compasion and makes assumptions without truly hearing all the facts. Mrs. Marder, the Vice Principal on the other hand is kind, caring, understanding, listens and takes immediate action when needed. Wish she was the principal!

Posted February 23, 2006

This school was fantastic for my child. They have changed principals and vice pricnciples in the last two years but it was fantastic all the way around. Great communication, teachers were excellent, after school activities were great. I loved the experience my daughter will take with her for the rest of her life. I loved its location, and I loved the ability to volunteer as much as you wanted and they cared about it. This school is top notch.

Posted January 11, 2006

My daughter has been a Sea Wind for 3 years now and it has been a good experience but that will only happen if you participate and are responsible for your child's success. Much of the school year seems to be geared around learning the FCAT prep instead of actual learning, but I do not think that is the fault of the school. I think if you want your child to succeed at this school, you have to insist on conferences, understand that much is expected of young children and be ready and willing to pick up the slack at home.

Posted April 19, 2004

I am more than pleased with the staff at Sea Wind. All of the teachers and administrators are genuinely interested in helping each child succeed to the best of their ability!

Posted June 22, 2003

My son attended kindergarten this past year. I was skeptical at first. Mrs. Bryant challenged both Daniel and I with assignments and descriptive projects. He now takes on his homework positively and is looking toward being a gifted child next year. It has been hard work but well worth it and I thank Mrs. Bryant and the supportive SeaWind Elementary staff. My son cares for the office staff, music, PE, art, computer and media, and science staff. Thank you SeaWind. :0)

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2014.

112 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 57% in 2014.

113 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 63% in 2014.

120 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

120 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 53% in 2014.

119 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Math

The state average for Math was 56% in 2014.

100 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 61% in 2014.

101 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Science

The state average for Science was 54% in 2014.

102 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 81% in 2012.

138 students were tested at this school in 2012.

2010

Scale: % scoring at or above level 3

Source: Florida Department of Education

• In 2011-2012, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2010-2011, this school received a grade of "A".
  • In 2009-2010, this school received a grade of "B".
  • In 2008-2009, this school received a grade of "A".

Ethnicity This school

• MS. AGER BIRGIT
Fax number
  • (772) 219-1631

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now