Gulfside Elementary School 2

Posted November 13, 2012
My son has attended this school for nearly 3 years. And ALL 3 years he has suffered bullying,as so did my daughter in 5th grade year. I am VERY active in BOTH of my kids schooling,I make sure Im a presence there bacause of the bullying problems in that school. Yes,the teachers are VERY stressed,but after today I feel "some" might make excuses for the bullies there. Some kids (like my son) dont want to "tattle" or see some one punished out of fear. But if the bullying goes unreported~its not bullying when your child reports it the 20th time and has bruises. It's an "isolated incident". I have e-mailed my sons teacher on numerous ocassions,with no response back. But she cant utilize the same e-mail to notify me that all his work isnt being turned in,or of a problem in the class. Some teachers will slide on the dress code,I would'nt,which caused my daughter to be bullied. That incident was nearly 2 years ago when i brought it to administrations attention. Im still waiting for the promised call. My kids have reported OTHER children being bullied aswell. But if the parent isnt aware,the school WONT tell you. I virtual school my 7 grader,now maybe my 4th? Girls grades have improved ALOT!

Gulfside Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2012
My daughter has been a student at Gulfside for most of her school education. Her teachers have been top-notch and very caring. The Principal is very engaged with both the students and the kids. As a parent, his door is always open. Any issues are handled with promptness and kindness. The staff is also very friendly and professional. Thank you, Gulfside teachers, and staff!

Gulfside Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2012
My children have attended Gulfside since preschool and I have felt , as a parent, a welcomed part of the school community for over 6 years as my youngest continues to grow and prosper while having fun! It may not be the best school money can buy, but Im a realist who lives in Holiday Lake Estates.. I cant afford to send my kids to a private school or to send them across town. I chose to embrace the school and become involved to see how I could help make a difference! I have been involved by volunteering. We have felt how the school has grown and prospered under the current leadership! I know how diligent they worked to keep and maintain quality teachers and gain parent involvement! GSES leadership works very hard to focus on whats important for this community! As I read comments, I feel they are unfair. Halloween comment: it has been a holiday in schools for years, GSES didnt invent it, they just go along with it. Just keep your kids home that day. As for fcats, GSES tries to best prepare our kids, tests are required. Dropoff line: what school that has a great , no wait line? GSES strives for the best they can achieve with talent, empathy,TItle 1 funds for the good of the kids!

Posted August 13, 2012
Bad. I pulled my kids out. Please stop thinking the world revolves around the FCAT tests. It doesn't.

Posted August 13, 2012
There were a few nice teachers, but overall most are stressed out, run by the powers that be & controlled by the FCAT tests. The place is outdated & has TERRIBLE drop off/pick up policies for kids who are driven to school. I wiated in line for an HOUR or more every day to pick my kids up and even LONGER when it rained. Waste of my time. My kids got lice several times from other kids. Lots of hassle & expense. We were told all kids who were sent home with lice would be inspected before being allowed to return, but that never happened & the lice spread like wildfire. Lots of kids came to school very sick & that spreads quickly too. Lots of poor kids stuck in PLACE before & after school who are there for 12 hours a day - sick or not! Lots of trouble makers who are not diciplined or corrected too. We noticed bad treatment of Christian kids who wanted to ignore Halloween and mention Christ during Christmas & Easter but were told not to mention that & to call it Winter & Spring Break instead. Unfair rules about missing recess for OTHER kid's bad choices. Bad company DOES corrupt good character. My kids suffered lots of hurt feelins, tears & unfair treatment. Now I home school.

Posted August 13, 2012
My kindergarten boy was a sweet, innocent, nice, sensative kid until he attended this school. He was bullied and harassed relentlessly because he liked the color pink (he has 3 older sisters!). He was scarred for life from the mean kids who were never corrected. I've been home schooling him ever since. Now he's a wonderful 13 year old who is already taking college classes! He's a happy, healthy child. Too bad public school doesn't produce more like him! Behind every great kid is a great parent (or two!). Public school teachers should be able to plug their title in to finish that sentence as well, because not everyone can home school!

Gulfside Elementary School 5

Posted June 05, 2011
I myself went to this school growing up its wonderful. my kids make excellent grades and they go far beyond to help kids out. .when my kids started their they was behind in speech now they are up and beyond thanks to the help with prek and speech theropy ... GO GULFSIDE WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gulfside Elementary School 0

Posted July 26, 2009
We love the new writing program that the principal has gotten for the school. They have been working with USF to help teachers teach writing better and it shows. Thank you Mr. Clayton for all you do for our kids.

Gulfside Elementary School 5

Posted April 14, 2009
This school is fabulous and the support given by the teachers and the principle is second to none.

Gulfside Elementary School 0

Posted November 05, 2008
The school truly goes way above and beyond to try to reach out to parents. I've been on the SAC for two terms and I can say that the teachers and principal really care about making this school a place where kids can really get excited about learning. Their new writing program is awesome.

Gulfside Elementary School
2329 Anclote Boulevard, Holiday, FL  34691
Last modified Gulfside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gulfside Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top