Public charter
Hollywood, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted July 19, 2014
My daughter attended the Charter School of Excellence Davie Campus for the 2013-2014 school year. I must say that this school is not what I thought it would be. Especially after the introduction we received at Orientation/Open House. This is school is very unorganized. Information is not received in a timely manner and all assemblies are in the middle of the day. No consideration for working parents. Every Honor Assembly invitation I've received was a day no more than 2 prior. Working parents are unable to participate in this case leaving the child feeling disappointed. My child's teacher advised her father and I to stop teaching our child at home because she (the teacher) cannot stimulate my daughter. Communication between parent and teacher had to be initiated by the parent or else you would not have a clue about the incline/decline of your child's learning. Way to go! This school is not ready to be considered school.

Posted March 21, 2014
The school is unorganized and unprofessionally run. Although it has the highest Florida Dept of Education school grade of its family of schools, the grade itself is an unimpressive C (the others are D rated). There are no clubs or even a PTA/PTO. No specials. The administration consists of only a receptionist and clueless principal. There's not even a nurse. No counselers or departments to evaluate the students progress. Although the student body is small, the classes are filled to capacity with only 1 teacher per class. class size can be as high 28-30. The plumbing is often not in working condition and some of the classrooms get extremely hot because cooling units are broken. Before care starts at a very late 7:30 and it is very likely to not be open on time. In the past 3 years there have been 4 different principals assigned to this school. There's been a high turnover of teachers as well. The schools administering body has failed. None of the teachers or staff's children attend the school. If they won't send their own kids there why would anyone else? Don't waste your time with this trainwreck.

Posted October 25, 2013
My twin daughters are attending this school for the first time this year. Both of their teachers, Mrs. Lanclos, and Mrs. Flores are caring, professional,dedicated, and communicate with parents regarding their child's progress. They truly care about your child's progress, which is greatly appreciated. The school is small, and family oriented.

Posted October 21, 2013
Great school. Excellent teachers in 4th grade. Motivating and dedicated to your child's education. Small, person-centered school.

Posted August 17, 2012
In 2011-2012 Charter School of Excellence at Davie campus "LACK OF PRINCIPALS!!!" we had three different principals! Lacks of organized in classroom, teacher and etc. and during the pick up the cars are in middle of the busy traffic light awaiting someone get an accident or even death. Some of the teacher is yelling at the kids doing the pick time. I have already taken my child out of this school and enrolled to another school. I do not recommend this school at all even its tuition-free!!

Posted June 14, 2012
The turn around on employees is crazy. The past year we had three different principals, three different pe coach's, and several teacher assiociates that left. It is very disorganized and class sizes are too large.

Charter School Of Excellence At Davie 4

Posted September 30, 2010
My son was going to a Christian Private school, who offered the same thing as the Chartered School of Excellence, major differences between them is the chartered school of excellent teachers reviews and sign is agenda everyday and help with his home. Make sure the kids or well discipline and no tolleration for bullies. I was paying $560 a month for my kid to come home and tell me mean the kids are to him and when he complians to the teacher nothing is done. HE'S BEEN AT THE CHARTERED SCHOOL for 2 years and i've not once have that problem. Above all it's Free. I really like this school. I've not been to the Fort Lauderdale campus so I can't compare. What I do know is that the schools been open over two years and everyone there is working hard to make this a number one school.

Charter School Of Excellence At Davie 0

Posted February 25, 2010
This is a very organized school. However, the principal seems to be a litte haywire sometimes during dismissal. Overall good school.

Posted January 29, 2010

Charter School Of Excellence At Davie 0

Posted July 28, 2009
This school is disorganized and poorly run. The principal is indifferent to the children and the parents. I had high expectations for the school because the Fort Lauderdale campus is great; however, I cannot say the same for the Davie campus. There were major issues from the onset and I decided to withdraw my child after only three months in the school year. I do not recommend this school at all. Go to the Fort Lauderdale campus or choose another school because it is not worth the hassel.

Charter School Of Excellence At Davie
2801 North University Drive, Hollywood, FL  33024
Last modified Charter School Of Excellence At Davie is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charter School Of Excellence At Davie Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top