Posted January 29, 2014
My son has been going to this school since kinder he is now in first grade .The STAFF is great ! From the first person you see Miss.Williamson ,Jennifer,or Nicole . They KNOW all the children it amazes me how they treat all the kids like if they where their own . The teachers are great . They go out of there way to help the students . My son is in Mrs. Gonzalez's class he was having trouble reading .She went above and beyond to help him NOW he's on the HONOR ROLL!!!! I commend the school and there STAFF!!! the program they have .They have a program named Iready which really helps the students the children really learn and have fun at the same time .I have spoken to a lot of other parent's that think the same as I do. I am truly blessed to have my son in FIA .. Mrs.Franjul

Posted October 23, 2013
I am very happy with the school. Great Teachers who care about the children. Office people know by name the students. Great Principal and Assistant. Very Happy. Children are very safe.

Florida Intercultural Academy K-8 West 4

Posted October 18, 2013
My son is very happy here. 1st quarter hasn't even ended and I have already had my first teacher conference. My son has a home room teacher who focuses on math and science, and another teacher in the afternoon who teaches reading/ss/lang arts and they were both focused and extremely enthusiastic when it came to dealing with some minor set backs with my son. Because these set backs were caught early, my son has a greater chance at getting higher grades when that report card arrives next month. Not to trash his prior school, but I was told about certain things months after and his teachers seemed overwhelmed and "out of reach" with my son. At fia it isn't like that from what I can tell thus far. It is more concentrated and each student gets the individualized attention they need. ClassDojo and iReady are wonderful tools and everyone is extremely friendly helpful and down to earth. My son loves going to school every day and has averaged a B- in reading, something he has been struggling with since the first grade. Kudos to all teachers here, they are wonderful.

Posted October 17, 2013
FIA is a great school. I agree, in the past we had some issues with communication but overall is a good school. Kudos to Mr. Prats, for doing an awesome job with FIA. The teachers, staff and the PTA are the best. Best wishes this school year!

Posted October 08, 2013
I went online to find the website to the school and came across this page. This is our 3rd year at FIA, my daughter is in the 2nd grade and just came home today telling me how she worked on a laptop and how every child had one. I think it is excellent that they have this kind of technology. I have received more communication from the school than ever before and I can keep up with my daughter's progress through online. My middle school child is, well, a typical 13 year old middle school child but does like the school. Kuddos to all the teachers and staff this year. Mr. Pratts was great as the Assistant Principal but even better as the Principal. I hope you build the highschool soon.

Posted October 08, 2013
I had posted a review before but I wanted to change it. My child is in Mrs. Lyons Kindergarten class and we very happy we chose this school. In the first month my parents got to have lunch with their grandchild at Grandparents Day. I appreciate that because they are getting older. We also got to see his teacher dressed up as Poccahontas as she read to the kids one night during the book fair. The only time I had a concern the principal addressed it right away, he seemed very open and involved. I wanted to repost and give the teacher credit with her name because I didnt know it at the time.

Florida Intercultural Academy K-8 West 4

Posted September 10, 2013
The school is great, the teachers are great , the only thing I don't agree is that they send too often things to sell. For Christmas the do a kind of dollar Store where they teach the kids to buy and buy and buy ,instead of encourage make gifts for family and friends hand made .It's all about money and shop, shop, and sell to collect money

Florida Intercultural Academy K-8 West 3

Posted September 04, 2013
My granddaughter started at FIA in sixth grade and is now in eighth grade. She can't wait to leave this school because she said "most" teachers, "not all" teachers are kind of lazy and fall asleep a lot. Her mom had to pay the school $200.00 at the end of the school year because she was unable to contribute twenty hours of school service. She is a single mom and the dad refused to contribute. This hit her hard in the pocketbook. The comments about the principal are pretty right on. Same with the comments about the aids. I think the staff there tries to do well but they just can't make the best choices. Teachers should be more diligent in contacting parents sooner if there is a problem with their child such as not turning in homework instead of letting the student drop their grade in class before the interim report is sent home and the parent finds out then. Sorry I couldn't give a better report but this is a new year so shape up or ship out!

Florida Intercultural Academy K-8 West 1

Posted August 04, 2013
Principal is to busy. She doesn't have time for kids, staff, and parents. Some teachers aren't certified and class sizes are large.

Posted August 03, 2013
Our son is HAPPY, because it is almost time to start a new school year and time to see all his classmates and teachers. I recommend this school to any parent who wants a better education for they're kids.

Florida Intercultural Academy K-8 West
3367 North University Drive, Hollywood, FL  33024
Last modified Florida Intercultural Academy K-8 West is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florida Intercultural Academy K-8 West Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top