1,203 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

This school is terrible including the principal. It's run like an institution and is strictly a business. They don't care about the kids and the principal (Delgado) is very unprofessional and stuck up. If your child has special needs run far away. They don't have the resources and they do not share the same concern as the parents. They will offer extended day as if the regular school day isn't already long enough. And they will pull your child out of art, music and pe for even more tutoring. It's a jail for the children and they took the fun out of learning. The test results are great but that is all they care about. Everything is about testing and more testing. Kids need to be kids and that is impossible at this school. Don't stress your kids out like I did. Worst mistake I ever made.

My child just completed second grade at this school We relocated from another state where my daughter was doing exceptionally well. I was a bit concerned when we relocated but after this school year I am proud to say that Renaissance has not let me down. My daughters teacher was so thorough. She communicate with the parents on a daily basis. She sent pics of the children while they were working and even emailed us during holidays to make sure we were keeping our kids on track with the work. I cannot thank her enough. They provide access to exceptional education. I love Renaissance for my daughter. The kids there are performing in the 90th percentile which is awesome. Ranked one on the best in that area. Love It!

Strong academics and great activities for students. Effective organization and they care a lot about the students.

Do not send your child to this school. They have no control over the car line because they cannot afford to hire more sheriffs. They do not seen to care if other parents cut through parking lots or the line. Your time means nothing to them. When you try to talk to someone at the school about this issue, they just smirk and shrug they shoulders.

I have my kids in this school the teachers seem to be great the only thing i have a problem with is the teachers communicating with me when I send a note or emails. They do send home a once a week newsletter with the homework and what the kids are doing that week but besides that I find that my notes and emails are rarely if ever return. Also the ESE teacher seems to be missing in action most of the time. I've had to chase her around to try and get an appointment with her for a meeting and still did not get one until the teacher requested it to update my child's accommodation plan which was a very minimal meeting and my child's teacher(s) did not even know about the accommodation plan or my childs special needs until I notified her because the ESE teacher doesn't seem to notify the teachers if there are special needs children in their classes at the beginning of the years.

Dismissal is a total disaster! It takes from 30 to 45 minutes to get your child. And mayor traffic issues in the streets while in the line. Administration does not really care.

Develops character: Agree

They really try and promote these values. However, like anything else not everyone adheres to the plan.

My child started attending RCSCC since third grade and she is now in sixth grade. There are many dedicated teachers at RCSCC and the data speaks of their effort and dedication. However, they employ a high number of beginning teachers who are as immature as the kids. The lines for arrival and dismissal are a passage to inferno. Aftercare staff has to be better trained in dealing with children and parents. There is no an open - door policy. If there is a conflict speaking to an Administrator can become a challenge. They only give you limited information when a conflict arises. They really need to change administration.

This is my kids first year here. I have one in kindergarten and one in third grade. As of now they both love it,as long as they are happy so am I.. I'll keep you all informed. The staff seem friendly I have talked to a couple of them and I haven't had a problem yet.

The school curriculum is great. Teachers and administration demonstrate that they truly care about the students. They appear to take pride in everything that they do.

Last modified Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.