Public charter
Hollywood, FL
Students enrolled: 1,096

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted August 28, 2015
They really try and promote these values. However, like anything else not everyone adheres to the plan.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 4

Posted August 28, 2015
My child started attending RCSCC since third grade and she is now in sixth grade. There are many dedicated teachers at RCSCC and the data speaks of their effort and dedication. However, they employ a high number of beginning teachers who are as immature as the kids. The lines for arrival and dismissal are a passage to inferno. Aftercare staff has to be better trained in dealing with children and parents. There is no an open - door policy. If there is a conflict speaking to an Administrator can become a challenge. They only give you limited information when a conflict arises. They really need to change administration.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 3

Posted August 27, 2015
This is my kids first year here. I have one in kindergarten and one in third grade. As of now they both love it,as long as they are happy so am I.. I'll keep you all informed. The staff seem friendly I have talked to a couple of them and I haven't had a problem yet.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 5

Posted August 25, 2015
The school curriculum is great. Teachers and administration demonstrate that they truly care about the students. They appear to take pride in everything that they do.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 17, 2015
Not at all. Its all about numbers! Forget the human aspect of it. They will do what is best for them, not the student.

Posted August 17, 2015
Very disappointed with the school. Administration is not parent friendly at all. Parents are treated as a nuisance. The school definitely needs a new administration!

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 17, 2015
Some teachers are really good but there are a few that should not be teaching. They are there because family members works there.

Posted June 01, 2015
The school has gone down hill since the previous principal left to start up a new charter school in Pembroke Pines It's unfair to the children how they are being treated like little robots, in the elementary they sit boy girl boy girl at lunch but when they are in middle school and can sit by assigned class only they a segregates to girls one side and boys other. They make the rules up as they decide it suits there needs. I asked why does the 8th graders have to walk on one side of the hallways while the 6th and 7th graders do not it was for there own protection. Protection from what!!! Same as when I asked why girls can't wear head bands, Her teacher said it's the rules read the hand book. I was apaulled when my daughters friend who is African American was pulled aside from admin and was told she cannot have poofy hair. I can't exactly say that is a racist comment but I think that was uncalled for. Please bring back Mr. Verdier and make this the school it once was before.

Posted May 18, 2015
My child is in the middle school here, I think that they treat the middle schools kids like they're in second grade, they let them out in sessions like their in kindergarten in their five years old, public elementary schools don't even do that, if school gets out at 2 o'clock all the kids leave at 2 o'clock, it literally takes this school over one hour for dismissal.. So if you like sitting in Carline be my guest get in line early, because the line is long, or be the last one in the Carline so you only have to sit in it for 15 minutes and now your child is sitting in school for 45 minutes to an hour waiting for you to pick him or her up. And they are hungry because I ate lunch at 10:30 in the morning and now it's 330 and they're waiting for you to pick them up. My daughter is going into high school next year and she is going to be very shellshocked when she gets there I agree with the other parent that the school is a dictatorship that is exactly what it is. And a turnover rate for teachers in the school is very high, the first year they were open they fired every six grade teacher at the end of the year on the last day of school...

Posted May 08, 2015
I feel this school has not mentally prepared my child for high school, my child is in 8th grade and they have to sit in the hallway before school starts and after school and read a book, they can use the school issued nooks but cell phones and electronic divices are prohibited ,dismissal is at 3:15 but they don't let the walkers out until 3:45 when carline is gone sometimes 4:00 and when I text is everything ok she texts back and gets her phone taken away , 8th graders are not allowed to wear make up and the lunch room the only time they have in the day has to be at a quite level. I understand rules have to be set for the elementary side but to forbid cell phones on a overnight school trip to universal is just plain taking too much control. I was told to call the assigned chaperone for when they arrived safely and if they want to take a picture bring a camera but students will not be allowed on the bus with a cell phone. I feel they took away the confidence of my child by treating her without the respect she deserves, the cell phone is for her safety and my piece of mind.

2800 North Palm Avenue, Hollywood, FL  33026
Last modified Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top