Public charter
Hollywood, FL
Students enrolled: 1,096

Posted June 01, 2015
The school has gone down hill since the previous principal left to start up a new charter school in Pembroke Pines It's unfair to the children how they are being treated like little robots, in the elementary they sit boy girl boy girl at lunch but when they are in middle school and can sit by assigned class only they a segregates to girls one side and boys other. They make the rules up as they decide it suits there needs. I asked why does the 8th graders have to walk on one side of the hallways while the 6th and 7th graders do not it was for there own protection. Protection from what!!! Same as when I asked why girls can't wear head bands, Her teacher said it's the rules read the hand book. I was apaulled when my daughters friend who is African American was pulled aside from admin and was told she cannot have poofy hair. I can't exactly say that is a racist comment but I think that was uncalled for. Please bring back Mr. Verdier and make this the school it once was before.

Posted May 18, 2015
My child is in the middle school here, I think that they treat the middle schools kids like they're in second grade, they let them out in sessions like their in kindergarten in their five years old, public elementary schools don't even do that, if school gets out at 2 o'clock all the kids leave at 2 o'clock, it literally takes this school over one hour for dismissal.. So if you like sitting in Carline be my guest get in line early, because the line is long, or be the last one in the Carline so you only have to sit in it for 15 minutes and now your child is sitting in school for 45 minutes to an hour waiting for you to pick him or her up. And they are hungry because I ate lunch at 10:30 in the morning and now it's 330 and they're waiting for you to pick them up. My daughter is going into high school next year and she is going to be very shellshocked when she gets there I agree with the other parent that the school is a dictatorship that is exactly what it is. And a turnover rate for teachers in the school is very high, the first year they were open they fired every six grade teacher at the end of the year on the last day of school...

Posted May 08, 2015
I feel this school has not mentally prepared my child for high school, my child is in 8th grade and they have to sit in the hallway before school starts and after school and read a book, they can use the school issued nooks but cell phones and electronic divices are prohibited ,dismissal is at 3:15 but they don't let the walkers out until 3:45 when carline is gone sometimes 4:00 and when I text is everything ok she texts back and gets her phone taken away , 8th graders are not allowed to wear make up and the lunch room the only time they have in the day has to be at a quite level. I understand rules have to be set for the elementary side but to forbid cell phones on a overnight school trip to universal is just plain taking too much control. I was told to call the assigned chaperone for when they arrived safely and if they want to take a picture bring a camera but students will not be allowed on the bus with a cell phone. I feel they took away the confidence of my child by treating her without the respect she deserves, the cell phone is for her safety and my piece of mind.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 02, 2014
Last year the school was awesome! Not so much this year. Items dropped off at the front, per teachers request, for my child never make it to the classroom. My child's teacher does not respond to messages and emails and recently intentionally created a situation that caused my child to become emotionally distressed. Also the school does not follow the same rules as other Renaissance schools in the area; don't allow birthday snack for the class, no socializing during lunch ect. School policies are not provided in full to parents and are changed / new ones made up throughout the year.
5 people found this helpful

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 5

Posted November 20, 2014
This is an EXCELLENT school with very professional staff. The environment is much better than a typical middle school, it is smaller and much more sheltered. Communication is great and the free clubs are outstanding! I can't believe the post I just read...why would you try to drop your child off 5 minutes before school starts? You are the problem, not the school.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 2

Posted October 07, 2014
Charter schools that choose to operate how ever they want solely based on the fact they are charter schools just makes me question why they are so popular. I want to stress to any parent thinking about sending their child here please read my review . The drop off is a nightmare no matter if your a car rider or a walker. My child has been both. As a walker if she arrived 5 minutes before school started it was a good possiblity that they would have the children waiting at the stop sign while they let the cars pass .One day I stopped and watched and my child along with other children was standing their for almost 5 minutes, this not only made her late but It made me wonder if they received some kind of incentive for late children as they seemed to want to make the children late. While trying the car line it is an even worse nightmare. They forbid parents from parking and walking their children in before school starts even though you could spend a good 15 mintues in the car line. They cut off the car line before school starts and force you to sit and park while ALL the cars in the car line have left . If you like multiple tardies even if your early , be my guest and enroll
8 people found this helpful

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 4

Posted June 24, 2014
This school is outstanding!! The teachers are great and the instruction is challenging. My children showed a lot of progress this year and one of them started to like math for the first time ever. The staff is professional and driven. The administration is also top notch and seems to get in contact with parents rapidly. My children came from a state ranked school that was extremely innovative and we are very happy here. Good luck trying to get in....the wait list is gigantic!!

Posted June 14, 2014
I do not know what school the kids go to with the good ratings but certainly not this school. From non-certified teachers; to teachers with sketchy backgrounds, to teachers with no classroom management. Most of the teachers here seem to have come from some place else and obviously with back stories. This school horrified my child. The teachers in my child's classroom were not professional. They yelled and screamed at the students. I noticed my child's behavior was changing through out the school year. It's really a shame as we have been here since before the opening of the school. The only thing that's special about RCSCC is the children but the school should be closed. There is too many inappropriate activities to mention that go on behind their doors. If you bring them to the schools attention, they don't want to hear it. I've read reviews from other schools under this management company and they all say same thing, that the school makes promises it doesn't keep. I won't ever let my child walk into this school again. It isn't a safe place for a child to go to school. This is why so many people are choosing to home school.
12 people found this helpful

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 4

Posted June 10, 2014
Wonderful experience. My children has been here since they opened their door in 2012. My 3rd grader did amazing in the FCAT, his teacher was so wonderful. Yes, there was lots and lots of work, but it was worth it. My 1st grader didn't have the best experience. His teacher was new, unexperienced and well, she can use a course in classroom management. The staff is wonderful. There are many things that can always be improved but overall this is a great school. I cannot understand why any parent would ever get upset because their children are challenged to learn. They give material that is ahead of their grade level, but it's so pleasant to see the academic growth at the end of the year. Looking forward to many more years.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 3

Posted June 02, 2014
Test scores do not tell the whole story. How is this school rated a 9? High teacher turnover, lack of experienced teachers and no library. I will be looking elsewhere for my child.
6 people found this helpful

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City
2800 North Palm Avenue, Hollywood, FL  33026
Last modified Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top