Public charter
Hollywood, FL
Students enrolled: 1,096

Posted December 02, 2014
Last year the school was awesome! Not so much this year. Items dropped off at the front, per teachers request, for my child never make it to the classroom. My child's teacher does not respond to messages and emails and recently intentionally created a situation that caused my child to become emotionally distressed. Also the school does not follow the same rules as other Renaissance schools in the area; don't allow birthday snack for the class, no socializing during lunch ect. School policies are not provided in full to parents and are changed / new ones made up throughout the year.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 5

Posted November 20, 2014
This is an EXCELLENT school with very professional staff. The environment is much better than a typical middle school, it is smaller and much more sheltered. Communication is great and the free clubs are outstanding! I can't believe the post I just read...why would you try to drop your child off 5 minutes before school starts? You are the problem, not the school.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 2

Posted October 07, 2014
Charter schools that choose to operate how ever they want solely based on the fact they are charter schools just makes me question why they are so popular. I want to stress to any parent thinking about sending their child here please read my review . The drop off is a nightmare no matter if your a car rider or a walker. My child has been both. As a walker if she arrived 5 minutes before school started it was a good possiblity that they would have the children waiting at the stop sign while they let the cars pass .One day I stopped and watched and my child along with other children was standing their for almost 5 minutes, this not only made her late but It made me wonder if they received some kind of incentive for late children as they seemed to want to make the children late. While trying the car line it is an even worse nightmare. They forbid parents from parking and walking their children in before school starts even though you could spend a good 15 mintues in the car line. They cut off the car line before school starts and force you to sit and park while ALL the cars in the car line have left . If you like multiple tardies even if your early , be my guest and enroll
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 24, 2014
This school is outstanding!! The teachers are great and the instruction is challenging. My children showed a lot of progress this year and one of them started to like math for the first time ever. The staff is professional and driven. The administration is also top notch and seems to get in contact with parents rapidly. My children came from a state ranked school that was extremely innovative and we are very happy here. Good luck trying to get in....the wait list is gigantic!!

Posted June 14, 2014
I do not know what school the kids go to with the good ratings but certainly not this school. From non-certified teachers; to teachers with sketchy backgrounds, to teachers with no classroom management. Most of the teachers here seem to have come from some place else and obviously with back stories. This school horrified my child. The teachers in my child's classroom were not professional. They yelled and screamed at the students. I noticed my child's behavior was changing through out the school year. It's really a shame as we have been here since before the opening of the school. The only thing that's special about RCSCC is the children but the school should be closed. There is too many inappropriate activities to mention that go on behind their doors. If you bring them to the schools attention, they don't want to hear it. I've read reviews from other schools under this management company and they all say same thing, that the school makes promises it doesn't keep. I won't ever let my child walk into this school again. It isn't a safe place for a child to go to school. This is why so many people are choosing to home school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted June 10, 2014
Wonderful experience. My children has been here since they opened their door in 2012. My 3rd grader did amazing in the FCAT, his teacher was so wonderful. Yes, there was lots and lots of work, but it was worth it. My 1st grader didn't have the best experience. His teacher was new, unexperienced and well, she can use a course in classroom management. The staff is wonderful. There are many things that can always be improved but overall this is a great school. I cannot understand why any parent would ever get upset because their children are challenged to learn. They give material that is ahead of their grade level, but it's so pleasant to see the academic growth at the end of the year. Looking forward to many more years.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 3

Posted June 02, 2014
Test scores do not tell the whole story. How is this school rated a 9? High teacher turnover, lack of experienced teachers and no library. I will be looking elsewhere for my child.

Posted May 24, 2014
Love the School, the staff is great, The Principal (Verdier) and the Assistant (Ms. Padierne) are awesome. The Teachers are incredible in terms on helping the students, communication with parents. I am very HAPPY!!!!!!

Posted May 14, 2014
Nightmare this year! Multiple teachers this year for my daughters class. Teachers quit and school can't find quality replacement. Too much transition with staff. They lose good teachers to school board while weaker/new teachers struggle with small classroom and larger number of students. New website and student pick up/security system never introduced after big project sell at beginning of year. News flash, principal is leaving for new school located in Pines, formally a KMART on Palm and Pines Blvd! Other review is correct about lack of transparency. I predict a mass exodus after this year. If the current Assistant Principal takes over, I would have to look at other options. School does NOT create a warm and friendly school environment. It is run like a business. Kids are sent home busy work copied off the internet. Most work is not level appropriate. My third grader had work designed for 5th graders most of the year. No library or computer lab. Get ready for all the fundraising! They roll out BS fundraising programs every month! Have not seen the money go towards early grade levels. Must buy uniforms in SUNRISE store.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City 5

Posted April 29, 2014
My daughter goes to RCSCC since their opening back in 2012, i can't be happier with the teachers and whole staff. Can't wait for my son to join them for this upcoming school year in kindergarten.

Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City
2800 North Palm Avenue, Hollywood, FL  33026
Last modified Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Charter School At Cooper City Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top