546 students|Broward

Bad
Good

My son is in the fifth grade. We came to HCE just last year. Knowing that transitions can be difficult for children, he has come to be very happy here, and is motivated... I attribute this to the wonderful and inspiring teachers he has this year. Thank you fifth grade teachers!

Just a quick note to say a heartfelt thank you for what has been an excellent year academically and socially for our son. The nurturing school environment has been exactly what he needed, dedicated and excellent teachers that I have encountered throughout the course of my son's education at Hollywood Central Elementary. Thanks for believing in our son and making him believe in his own abilities. I would like to express my sincere gratitude and many thanks towards the School, Teachers, office staff, support staff, thank to all the ones who have a big heart and a desire to make the world a better place one kid at a time. Thank you for all your selfless sacrifices. Thank you for taking good care of our child. My son attended Hollywood Central Elementary from kindergarten-5th grade. The biggest compliment a teacher can get is when a student goes home and says ‘Mom I had a great day at school’ Our child did that every day. There is nothing more satisfying for parents than to know that their child is being given the same amount of love and care as at home.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

There is nothing more satisfying for parents than to know that their child is being given the same amount of love and care as at home. The biggest compliment a teacher can get is when a student goes home and says ‘Mom I had a great day at school’ Our child did that every day.

My son is finishing his first year at this school and he is so happy here. This school pushes its students to their greatest abilities. I am very happy we chose this school , the teachers are dedicated and inspire kids to learn more. Parent involvement is off the chart. Couldn't be happier!

The school is great! They focus on helping young people develop an array of talents and knowledge. The school has programs to help promote and encourage the value of ongoing learning.

Hollywood Central is an AWESOME school. It has a family oriented atmosphere that stems from administration, PTA, teachers, and families.

HCE is a great place to be!! My children have all attended the school. We were always happy with our childs teacher and the environment the school has. Its a very cozy, family oriented school. Its not like the new institutional buildings they build now - it reminds me of when I went to school :) The staff is always helpful and friendly. All my children have been happy there.

You can't judge a school by it's shiny new computers, desks, playgrounds or test scores. You need to judge it by the teachers, staff and how they treat your child. Keep in mind that test scores are based on a handful of students. One thing that has hurt HCE the past couple of years is the transition of students leaving and coming back to HCE. We are a transient school which means we get students who move to the area in the middle of the year and don't speak English as a first language. The standardized tests are given in English which makes it difficult for them. Don't overlook HCE when deciding on where your child should go.

HCE has a great staff that truly care about the students. It has a diverse student body. I feel that it is preparing my child for the real world.

I never thought that I would send my children to a public school but I figured I would give our neighborhood school a try! Hollywood Central Elementary really surprised me with its wonderful sense of community and its fantastic teachers and staff. I am an involved parent and feel very at home and welcomed at HCE.

Last modified Hollywood Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.