Hollywood, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted April 02, 2014
My son is finishing his first year at this school and he is so happy here. This school pushes its students to their greatest abilities. I am very happy we chose this school , the teachers are dedicated and inspire kids to learn more. Parent involvement is off the chart. Couldn't be happier!

Posted April 02, 2014
The school is great! They focus on helping young people develop an array of talents and knowledge. The school has programs to help promote and encourage the value of ongoing learning.

Posted September 30, 2013
Hollywood Central is an AWESOME school. It has a family oriented atmosphere that stems from administration, PTA, teachers, and families.

Posted September 27, 2013
HCE is a great place to be!! My children have all attended the school. We were always happy with our childs teacher and the environment the school has. Its a very cozy, family oriented school. Its not like the new institutional buildings they build now - it reminds me of when I went to school :) The staff is always helpful and friendly. All my children have been happy there.

Posted September 26, 2013
You can't judge a school by it's shiny new computers, desks, playgrounds or test scores. You need to judge it by the teachers, staff and how they treat your child. Keep in mind that test scores are based on a handful of students. One thing that has hurt HCE the past couple of years is the transition of students leaving and coming back to HCE. We are a transient school which means we get students who move to the area in the middle of the year and don't speak English as a first language. The standardized tests are given in English which makes it difficult for them. Don't overlook HCE when deciding on where your child should go.

Posted September 26, 2013
HCE has a great staff that truly care about the students. It has a diverse student body. I feel that it is preparing my child for the real world.

Posted September 26, 2013
I never thought that I would send my children to a public school but I figured I would give our neighborhood school a try! Hollywood Central Elementary really surprised me with its wonderful sense of community and its fantastic teachers and staff. I am an involved parent and feel very at home and welcomed at HCE.

Posted September 26, 2013
Hollywood Central Elementary has teachers that truly desire to teach. HCE does buddy reading which allows the older, more experienced readers to set time aside and enhance the younger clesses. This school is the fondation for many of our up and comming polititians, doctors, biologists, and who knows, maybe our future President. The warmth that eluminates HCE's classrooms and disipline through structure is what this school is made of. Students are happy to go to school at HCE which makes learning enjoyable, yet challenging, which the teachers do A fantastic job keeping the class growing together. Academically, socially, emotionally and physically this school is balanced. HCE uses positive and exciting ways to enrich each and every student on each and every level. As A proud parent and volunteer I like that HCE has A wide range of students from ethnicities to disabilities and all the students are treated fair. HCE could improve by intergrating Art since the students love to express their creative side. HCE could also use improvement with the landscaping.

Posted June 26, 2013
We are grandparents who have a student at Hollywood Central and have attended many activities and programs there. We have always found the principal, staff, teachers AND teachers aides to be very friendly, interested in the students and positive. Our student's parents have found the staff to be most helpful. She is a serious and good student who loves her school and takes pride in supporting it.

Posted May 30, 2013
First off, I'm not sure what the parent below in the comment is referring to. My daugther has never been used to sell anything. If I don't want something they are selling at the school I tell my daugther we are not doing it. I have an her in Hollywood for 2 years. My daugther has improved in every subject. So to the defense of Ms.December and the school they are doing their job. Perhaps you should have gone to the office or when you received the yellow page that states why your kid was absence you should have sent it back.

Hollywood Central Elementary School
1700 Monroe Street, Hollywood, FL  33020
Last modified Hollywood Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollywood Central Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top