Hollywood, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 02, 2014
West Hollywood Elementary School has dropped to a "D" grade. The current principal, who was given WHE in 2009 as an "A" rated school, should be fired for being incompetent. This administrator is clearly doing a terrible job, however she is still around and continuously bringing down this institution to even lower levels. Just recently, this school was put on the Florida Department of Education's list titled "The 300 Worst Performing Schools in the State in Reading." Where is the local superintendent and School Board when you need them? They certainly aren't addressing and firing her about this horrible situation.

Posted April 02, 2014
I'm a parent of three kids. My two oldest already left WHE & moved on to other schools but I still have my lil one there. He's in 2nd grade. He like's his teacher & is happy with the school. It's a great school & I can't complain but the staff & Asst. Principle & Principle are really cool people & take into consideration any concerns we (as parents) may have.

West Hollywood Elementary School 2

Posted August 08, 2013
The current leaders at this school are incapable and ineffective. It is my opinion that the principal was demoted from being a middle school administrator to an elementary school leader (a few years ago) due to numerous complaints, grievances, and marginal productivity at the middle school she managed. The assistant principal is almost as useless as his supervisor because he follows her every word without question. West Hollywood is spiraling downwards due to the administrator's poor decision making skills and the blatant favoritism she encourages among the school's staff. She hires her friends and promotes employees, who she has close relationships with, to positions they are not qualified for. Students' test scores are decreasing drastically, and the turnover rate for the teachers is out of control because of frustration and low moral. Furthermore, the PTA members have been dropping off like flies due to the current leader's disorganization and lack of communication skills. I am not surprised by the current drop in letter grade attained by the school, and actually the grade given wasn't truly earned.

Posted August 06, 2013
West Hollywood Elementary was one of several elementary schools in Broward County that benefitted from Florida's 2013 One-Letter-Grade-Drop-Protection Act. This new law, enforced by the former FL Education Commissioner, is a safety net plan that prevents schools in the state from falling more than one letter grade at a time in a year. West Hollywood was given a "C" grade under this provision. If this law had not been put into place, the school would have earned either a "D" or an "F" grade for the 2013 school year. This school was given to the current principal as an "A" school in 2009, and now its performance level has dropped to a modified/adjusted "C" grade. Please check the FL Department of Education's web site for validity and clarification, and research the principal's name on any search engine to fine a news article containing interesting things that occurred at the last school she presided over (the report implies ineptitude, incompetence, pettiness, and favoritism).

Posted August 05, 2013
I have two or my kids attendant there at west Hollywood I rate the school as an A school. Yes they want let u walk your child to there class that is making your child/children's to be independent as they grow up that they can go to class without they parents walking them to class that they can walk with their friends. And I rate them an A(100%) on the security that they have there no one can't just come there and walk into the school without showing ID (no ID no child/children's) release to no parent. So I think whom ever rate the school to a C is not telling the truth. So they need to rerate the school again and tell the truth. I have my 8yr old daughter there sense she was in K now I have my 6yr old son there also he been there from K. Everyday both of my kids come home and tell me how they learn something new today in class. The teacher in this school are amazing keep up the good work.

Posted October 30, 2012
My son is now in 1st grade and has gone to this school since K. I absolutely love this school and so does my son! His teacher is amazing and treats all her students equally. I may not be able to walk him to class or to the cafeteria but I know he is in good hands! They have a lot of field trips which are very cheap but educational. I wouldn't want my son to go to any other school.

Posted August 20, 2009

West Hollywood Elementary School 3

Posted January 04, 2009

West Hollywood Elementary School 4

Posted December 04, 2008

Posted August 14, 2008

West Hollywood Elementary School
6301 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, FL  33024
Last modified West Hollywood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Hollywood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top