South Broward High School 3

Posted September 27, 2014
The principal is involved and present at most school events. My son had an encounter with her that could have gone either way; however, due to her kind approach, he conformed immediately and respectfully complied with her request to conform with the District's rules. My only issue is that in general, teachers are not responsive to phone calls. Teachers should be held accountable for responding to parents. If you miss their calls, forget it. They are not responding to the second request to return the parent's call. The school has an excellent band program. Mr. Scott is tough on the students yet motivational. I have watched and listened to him from the sidelines and he is really great with them. I wished all teachers could be that way. That is, view teaching as a profession and not as a job, although it can be unrewarding with low pay. Over all good school. It has now added the Cambridge Program to its list of magnet programs (it already had a marine science program).

South Broward High School 4

Posted August 13, 2014
Both of my sons graduated from South Broward High school, one as recently as 2011. They have many outstanding teachers who care greatly for the students. I still volunteer there on a weekly basis and I see incredible efforts made to help students at all levels learn and grow. They have a brand new aquatic facility that is Olympic quality, a Marine magnet program which is unique to all of South Florida, an amazing art teacher who inspires students and a new Cambridge program to focus on academics and college credits. I never feel worried or in danger and have great interactions with the students. My older son has gone on to graduate a top notch college out-of-state and is now employed for a prestigious consulting firm thanks to the education he received at South Broward.

Posted June 14, 2014
Since Owafadeju A.K.A Ms. A has been our principle great things have happened from teachers to staff to all extracurriculars across the board. She dresses as if she was running a prep school & cares about all her students & they're parents. There is a state of the art new pool,new track,new competitive cheer team,band is fantastic,new IB program,tons of tutoring. Staff and guidance that actually guides you. Absolutely zero tolerance on any sort of misbehaving. I am very proud of this school and extremely proud of our principle. South Broward will be something to be reckoned with. I see the vision and better yet see things happening that gets us closer to greatness. Parent involvement is on the rise and helps. Be involved and you and your kid will be happy. GO BULLDOGS

Posted November 13, 2013
This school has made many changes since the new principal has came on board in her second year now. SBHS will be notes as the top school in the entire Broward County as having the highest improved score by passing the second school with an additional 20 points. Have your child involved in activities, Band is a great option. Be involved with your child no matter what school and you will be fine.

Posted October 04, 2012
I have a teenager who goes to this school and in the first four weeks my had requested to speak to someone about the situation the first thing the counselor suggested was to drop her to a lower class just because she was ahead of kids her age....wow! I Had to go about looking for tutors because the teacher would not even sit to see what the problem was where she did not understand the lessons. my kid was not the only one failing in this class which is what was the red flag that I suggested to have a one on one tutor that they told me they offered in the teacher parent meet day. I went two weeks back and fourth with the school trying to get the help they claimed they had which did not actuallty seem to even be there..... we ended up at a room with one teacher and 24 kids and the teacher had an hour to tutor all of them. They are really unorganized and did not really have what they said they had for students to get up to par with the work.... there were more than ten other kids failing too......

Posted June 14, 2012
I had a wonderful experience here at South Broward. I have never gotten 'bullied' or 'mugged' and neither have any of my friends/siblings who are currently attending this school and I'm absolutely positive that they appreciate everything this school has to offer as much as I do. Obviously somebody has a bad year (student who left review saying staff doesn't care) because the rules at broward or by far strict! As they are at any other school.... all you have to do is show a little care in your work and your teachers/grades are going to reflect that. I'm graduating early with a 4.0 grade point average and I have South Broward High School to thank for that. Great school!!!!

Posted April 19, 2012
This school is flat out terrible. There is almost little to no supervision and what is there all they do is stand there. Unless the student openly suggest something violent or illegal in front of these lazy guards then no action will be taken against you. Most of the teachers not all but most, do not care what there students are doing they care about a paycheck at the end of the week and then they leave. If you as a parent do not care at all about your child then yes by all means send him here to get bullied and mugged just don't be surprised when it happens.

South Broward High School 4

Posted October 05, 2009
The scores are well, but the emphasis on the FCAT is too much that it stresses the students out.

Posted June 03, 2009

South Broward High School 0

Posted October 08, 2008
I believe we need more voluteers at the school if possible, with the budget cuts we could certainly use more supervision in all angles especially after school is out. I really think we need to recruit more adults and if we have to screen them, go right ahead, I love this school we just need to direct it in the right angles.

South Broward High School
1901 North Federal Highway, Hollywood, FL  33020
Last modified South Broward High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Broward High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top