Hollywood, FL
Students enrolled: 1,096

Posted June 27, 2014
ECC is such an outstanding academic and social environment that other schools compare their programs to it.

Posted March 16, 2014
Embassy Creek Elementary School is a shining star in Broward County. Parent involvement is wholly encouraged. Our Extraordinary PTA is exemplary!!! No need to worry if you'll be able to participate, just sign up for any of the various committees and get busy with us. There are many ways to be involved.

Embassy Creek Elementary School 3

Posted September 28, 2013
My child was also expected to do the same drop off procedure as the older kids; she started kindergarten and recently turned 5. All the signs I see are that we'll take care of the education process here; parents need not be involved. We want to be very involved with our children's education process, know the teacher, and get regular feedback. I guess there are too many students here for that level of communication; the principle appears most concerned with running the pick up line at the end of the school day. It is somewhat ridiculous as I've seen him ordering or call students on a blow horn; I admit it was amusing. I get the feeling that the school is overall pretty good; but suited best for busy parents that like a separation of home and school life; I personally don't think that is the best approach to any child's education, and especially at such a young age. We also have a son in ESE PK at Griffin Elementary; I find griffin to be much more responsive to parents and their concerns. They freely communicate daily, and never make you feel unwelcomed in the process. Maybe this is because it is PK and he is 4, but I get the feeling there is a different philosophy here.

Posted September 09, 2013
EXCELLENT SCHOOL!!! My son looks forward to going to school every day...Outstanding principal, teachers and staff. I always know that he is in a clean and safe place when he's in school. I'm very pleased with the school.. Thank you!!

Embassy Creek Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2013
My child just started here and already there are problems. First of all there is no communication between the school and parents. The administration is excessive with warnings about not walking the kids in to school and basically throwing them out of the car fast in the dropoff line. My child was 4 years old a few weeks ago and after 3 days they expect her to know where to go and to walk in by herself, navigate the corridors and find the cafeteria, and get her own breakfast there in the cafeteria line, and then go and sit at a table with her teacher's name on it. She can't even read. Really, someone who is barely 5 years old. Her teacher is not listed on the website so I have no way to communicate with her to know what is going on in school. There is no one to talk to about the unreasonable expectations on all the kindergarteners. I moved here specifically to get into this school and so far I am highly disappointed, to say the least.

Posted June 28, 2013
I have attended this school and I really believe that this school is spectacular. From the staff to the teachers. There is an atmosphere of trust which enabled me to focus and learn well. Great school.

Posted June 12, 2013
I LOVE this school! However, I would like to see more assemblies that recognize student achievement. Also, the staff in the reception area are not very friendly.

Posted January 16, 2013
I am very pleased with the child loves it here. And my other daughter will be attending next year for grade K! I love the school!

Embassy Creek Elementary School 4

Posted October 05, 2012
My child has attended this school since kindergarten but last year while attending the fourth grade here, I couldn't believe that the teacher was allowed to have their I Phone 4 in class, texting, answering calls and reading incoming texts all day long to the extent that they were annoyed if the students interrupted by having to use the bathroom or to get a drink from the fountain. This teacher even brought it to the reading group session every day. I know all the classrooms have hardline phones for emergencies so I am curious as to why this is acceptable to a school that has set such high standards. The leadership should be by example, the children have to turn them off from 8:00-2:00 why wouldn't the teachers do the same.

Embassy Creek Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2012
Having had my children in various schools, I disagree with this school's high rating. The school is well regarded because it has students who are good test takers, so its high scores on the FCAT are related to that fact and not the quality of education. I find the the teachers frequently permit poor and disrespectful (and bullying) behavior from the students. The materials in science and math are weak and are frequently incorrect. This school is more concerned with image than education. I have another child in a neighboring elementary school, which is more poorly rated school, and I find the teachers and overall quality of education to be far superior at the more poorly rated school. Don't believe the hype.

Embassy Creek Elementary School
10905 Southeast Lake Boulevard, Hollywood, FL  33026
Last modified Embassy Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Embassy Creek Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top