Hollywood, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted September 09, 2014
My school is colbert elementary THEY HAVE THE WORST FRONT OFFICE STAFF EVER. YOU ARE AFRAID TO APPROACH BECAUSE OF THEIR FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AND BODY LANGAUGE. KINDERGARTENERS NEED AGENDA BOOKS AND THEY REALLY NEED TO BE TAUGHT BETTER

Posted August 02, 2013
My school, is Colbert Elementary. There wasn't a "o" star because that is what I would of rated it. Same thing as last year .......no progress no information when you call...no-one knows anything!! Let's talk about their website..same as last year nothing new posted. Check it out...school has started and when you check out the school calender for August, September, etc nothing is scheduled. Really the school has nothing going on for the 2013 school year so it's left blank. Same problem as last year...no one updates it and when you call the school for information no-one knows anything. Same thing no improvement that I have seen. Lets get it together people!!!!

Posted August 01, 2013
They wouldn't let my son enroll in K saying he was not ready the WRONG HE IS READY very poorly behavior from STAFF

Colbert Elementary School 5

Posted June 03, 2013
My daughter has attended this school for kindergarten and first grade. I'm very pleased with the teachers, especially our 1st grade teacher who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to treat every child as she would her own. My daughter has been challenged, there are frequent field trips and my daughter comes home very happy at the end of the day, which is the best measure of how I can judge this school. The security at this school is fairly strict, which is a good thing these days. I really cannot say that I have met any unfriendly staff members. The days that I have visited my daughter's classroom, the assistant principal was there each time, "making rounds" on all the classrooms, which I thought was very commendable. The grounds are kept clean. The principal, Ms. Yackel appears to be doing her best to lead with a firm but kind hand. We'll see what second grade brings, but for now I definitely wanted to speak up for the school as its rating seems to be based on pretty old complaints and things that are probably beyond the boundaries of the school's control. I doubt we can control kids cursing and fighting off school grounds, which I haven't seen or heard myself.

Posted April 07, 2013
my 6 yr old daughter had a very mean teacher on first grade, she was afraid to go to school and crying told me she was afraid of the teacher who scream at her very often, we set a complain but they attempted to move her but the mean teacher still there

Colbert Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2012
This school has a new principle that is trying her best to acheive academics for Colbert's students. Will the teachers strive for better FCAT scorces? Will the kindergartens learn more challenging skills, such as, having spanish classes and reading classes. The kindergartens need to attend more strutured classes? What about agenda books, and reading challenges? The kindergartens are not learning enough :(

Colbert Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2012
This school is beautiful on the outside, but needs more incentive programs for the children. Especially the Kindergarten classes. There is no Agenda Journal Books, Reading Challenge or Student of the Month for kindergartens. Plus, the children are constantly fighting when they get off school campus. Foul language is used by the children and this school needs security guards or police officers to make sure the children get home safe. All the teachers should teach on conduct and behavior everyday.

Colbert Elementary School 5

Posted August 16, 2009
Although there is a brand new administration at this school the Assistant Principal last year, is now the Principal this new year. The Hispanic female principal and an African American male assistant principal have the backing of the experienced faculty. Good things are about to happen, and they will!

Colbert Elementary School 4

Posted August 15, 2009
My daughter goes to this school and the teachers are awesome... They are dedicated to help the kids to succeed even do the limitations in the budget they are committed to give the best education to our kids

Colbert Elementary School 0

Posted May 20, 2009
The Staff is Very Unproffesional. They provoke the children by saying things they shouldn't in their presence. Who's evaluating the Staff?

Colbert Elementary School
2701 Plunkett Street, Hollywood, FL  33020
Last modified Colbert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colbert Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top