Hollywood, FL

Posted May 20, 2015
The worst staff I ever seen. Stop kids from drinking water, for no reson in the front office Staff in the front office never smile. The principal has an excuse for every complain. If you have a better alternative, don't even try. All fake attitudes.

Colbert Elementary School 5

Posted May 17, 2015
Great school!state of the art technology!my kids love it,they also have a pre k and headstart program full time!!

Posted February 05, 2015
If you dont live in the neighborhood don't bother sending your child to this school. On my way to get my child out of this school . The magnet program is ok, but do you want to send your child to a D school with wild,rude, disruptive kids for about a hour plus of technology or Legos a week? The stories my child comes home with is unbelievable. It's not worth it. Plus they cancel magnet because they have such low reading and math scores that they do remediation with a program on the computer during that magnet time. My child doesn't need remediation. She hates it. Its a joke. Had to talk to a my child's teacher one morning and no one is supervising any of the students upstairs. It was a madhouse. At car pick up teachers with their backs toward the cars talking and on the phone. No one paying any mind. Be warned all they want is warm bodies at this school and the magnet head lady will say anything for you send your child to that school. Don't go, you'll regret it.

Posted September 09, 2014
My school is colbert elementary THEY HAVE THE WORST FRONT OFFICE STAFF EVER. YOU ARE AFRAID TO APPROACH BECAUSE OF THEIR FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AND BODY LANGAUGE. KINDERGARTENERS NEED AGENDA BOOKS AND THEY REALLY NEED TO BE TAUGHT BETTER

Posted August 02, 2013
My school, is Colbert Elementary. There wasn't a "o" star because that is what I would of rated it. Same thing as last year .......no progress no information when you call...no-one knows anything!! Let's talk about their website..same as last year nothing new posted. Check it out...school has started and when you check out the school calender for August, September, etc nothing is scheduled. Really the school has nothing going on for the 2013 school year so it's left blank. Same problem as last year...no one updates it and when you call the school for information no-one knows anything. Same thing no improvement that I have seen. Lets get it together people!!!!

Posted August 01, 2013
They wouldn't let my son enroll in K saying he was not ready the WRONG HE IS READY very poorly behavior from STAFF

Colbert Elementary School 5

Posted June 03, 2013
My daughter has attended this school for kindergarten and first grade. I'm very pleased with the teachers, especially our 1st grade teacher who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to treat every child as she would her own. My daughter has been challenged, there are frequent field trips and my daughter comes home very happy at the end of the day, which is the best measure of how I can judge this school. The security at this school is fairly strict, which is a good thing these days. I really cannot say that I have met any unfriendly staff members. The days that I have visited my daughter's classroom, the assistant principal was there each time, "making rounds" on all the classrooms, which I thought was very commendable. The grounds are kept clean. The principal, Ms. Yackel appears to be doing her best to lead with a firm but kind hand. We'll see what second grade brings, but for now I definitely wanted to speak up for the school as its rating seems to be based on pretty old complaints and things that are probably beyond the boundaries of the school's control. I doubt we can control kids cursing and fighting off school grounds, which I haven't seen or heard myself.

Posted April 07, 2013
my 6 yr old daughter had a very mean teacher on first grade, she was afraid to go to school and crying told me she was afraid of the teacher who scream at her very often, we set a complain but they attempted to move her but the mean teacher still there

Colbert Elementary School 2

Posted April 25, 2012
This school has a new principle that is trying her best to acheive academics for Colbert's students. Will the teachers strive for better FCAT scorces? Will the kindergartens learn more challenging skills, such as, having spanish classes and reading classes. The kindergartens need to attend more strutured classes? What about agenda books, and reading challenges? The kindergartens are not learning enough :(

Colbert Elementary School 2

Posted January 31, 2012
This school is beautiful on the outside, but needs more incentive programs for the children. Especially the Kindergarten classes. There is no Agenda Journal Books, Reading Challenge or Student of the Month for kindergartens. Plus, the children are constantly fighting when they get off school campus. Foul language is used by the children and this school needs security guards or police officers to make sure the children get home safe. All the teachers should teach on conduct and behavior everyday.

Colbert Elementary School
2701 Plunkett Street, Hollywood, FL  33020
Last modified Colbert Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colbert Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top