Oakridge Elementary School 2

Posted February 17, 2013
My first child attended this school and is now graduating high school. It was such an family oriented school. My second child now attends this school. Our school needs a lot of work. Our teachers are great. Our administration needs to look at our children, not as the number they will produce on the FCAT, but as a whole, well rounded child. And we need to boost parent involvement on every level. It's very sad to see what is happening to this school and our children!

Oakridge Elementary School 4

Posted February 02, 2013
My daughter just started Kindergarten at Oakridge this year and she loves it. Her teacher has been great, the staff is very helpful and everyone seems to really care about the kids. Academilcally, it's not as challenging as I would like, but we supplement at home, and I'm sure the difficulty level will increase with the grades. Overall it's a great community school in a cute, safe area with caring staff and teachers.

Posted January 09, 2009

Oakridge Elementary School 0

Posted June 01, 2008
My Grandson moved from WV to live with his Dad so that he could attend Oakridge Elementary and begin his first year of school. My Grandson adapted so well and showed much improvement through the school year. I credit the school staff and especially his first grade teacher for making this transition so successfull. He is happy at Oakridge and has developed a positive attitude about learning. Thank you so much. We look forward to his 2nd year at Oakridge.

Posted July 14, 2007

Posted April 26, 2007
It's refreshing to see a school where the principal is so 'hands on' in every aspect, from directing traffic to playing Santa Claus. His involvement and concern for every child in the school, I believe, is what makes Oakridge such a fantastic school! Overall, the school is constantly thinking of creative ways to keep kids excited about learning - a good example would be their special presentation on Black History Month, where parents (and siblings) visited different rooms one evening and kids dressed as their favorite historical figure, from Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandella to Oprah Winfrey, Leontine Price and Spike Lee...and gave an informative presentation about their historical figure. This is just an example of how Oakridge gets their kids involved. Keep up the good work!

Oakridge Elementary School 1

Posted November 21, 2006

Posted September 20, 2006
Oakridge is like a big home with a lot of people working together with the same goal:'keep kids interested in learning and caring about themselves and others'.It is well organized and brings comfort to everyone who walks thru there. You can feel it. Come and see.

Oakridge Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2006
Both of my children went to this school since kindergarden until 5th grade. The school has improved so much in thoes years. I am very please with the school. The principal is very intersted in his students and I truly belives he cares.

Posted January 11, 2006
You cannot ask for a better school for your children. Starting from the principal on down, the atmosphere is caring, friendly, and it is a very well disciplined school. I am very happy that my daughters and I are part of the Oakrigde family.

Oakridge Elementary School
1507 North 28th Avenue, Hollywood, FL  33020
Last modified Oakridge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakridge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top