Posted October 23, 2013
my 7yo son was bullied by boy 2time his age on the bus he was force to kiss another boy he was also beaten up by this bully when we complane the school cover it up

Orange Brook Elementary School 2

Posted November 07, 2012
Im new to the school but not to the area... before i actually registered my daughter i did some research and of all i check around this school was close to our address plus it was within our boundaries so we had no choice... it had good reviews back then so we decided to go ahead... its my daughters first year and ahea in kindergarten.. as the parent that said that this school is a cant do this plus yelling at the kids al the time like they are in some kind of military school... Ohh Heck no... i cant complaint about the teachee whixh is excellent.. Mrs. Muller "Savage" very outstanding great over the top kindergarten teacher..but office staff are very rude plus they need more staff to monitor hallways during morning drop off and pick up... because of the long lines and NO ONE is paying atention who pick up whom in the afternoon... I wish there were more parent involved to make it better..also i have complaint twice already because theres a certain kid that keeps harassing and bullying my kid... And i just had enough so im changing my kid from this school to hopefully a better one vuz it s im not the only parent concerd and angry about some issues aNoOne cares... Good Luck...

Posted August 23, 2012
HORRIBLE !!! This is my little ones first year and so far this school has been somewhat of a nightmare. Everything is YOU CANT , YOU CANT YOU CANT. You cant walk your child to class, they only allow you to open the door for them and let them run like wild in the halls. You can't park to walk to pick up your child from the front , you have to wait about an hour in a pointless wrap around line that wastes alot of gas.. The teachers are nice I will say. The administration staff on the other hand are VERYY MEAN AND RUDE!!! and very uncompassionate towards parents, they yell at the kids like it's military school. There also isn't enough staff to monitor them in the halls or at breakfast. Picking up your kid is also nerveracking. No one pays attention to the 1st graders or Kinder. to see who picks up who. EASILY someone can snatch your child with out the teacher or staff noticing. It's a mess.It used to be such a great school 15 years ago. Such a shame.

Posted December 12, 2011
The last time this school had a review was in 2009... Orangebrook elementry is a parent's NIGHTMARE! ....I take pride in giving credit where its due. But this school deserves none. I wouldn't give it a single star if it were an option. Since school started, My child was bullyied by his teacher, where it resulted in transferring out of the class,(which is not an easy process), No principal involvement, administration is in a daze, they dont know if they are coming or going, there is a lack of control in class disruption, you have to wait 48hrs for a teacher to reply to your concerns there is no follow ups, I just dont understand..My children were role model students in there prior school, now they lack ambition, hate going to school..

Orange Brook Elementary School 3

Posted September 27, 2011
My child has been attending OBE it has been a great experience for our family. Most teachers are great! Must say however that there is need for improvement in area of academics and classroom curriculum especially for high achievers. The aftercare director/counselors are very aggressive with little or no patience whatsoever for younger children and helping them with homework. Beware! Belittling of any child should absolutely not be tolerated especially from aftercare workers! Mandatory requirement of child-care instruction sessions should be implemented by the school to ensure proper care and respect towards every child.

Posted May 05, 2010
I really thing that the teacher and the administration are very professional, the teacher will keep you inform of anything that is wrong about the child and that is very importantant.

Posted April 18, 2010

Orange Brook Elementary School 2

Posted April 15, 2010
My daughter attended this school last year. The only good thing about this school is the Academics (which is the ONLY reason I gave it 2 stars). The school doesn't follow their discipline matrix and my daughter had to tolerate classroom disruption for almost an entire school year. Also, children aren't allowed to be children at lunch. They have a drill sergeant who blows a whistle and makes the students clap 3 times to tone it down or else risk being punished. It is terrible. The teacher's however are so nice, but what a shame they don't receive sufficient support from the administration.

Orange Brook Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The teachers are the best 1 even gave me her cell phone......... talk about being involved

Posted October 03, 2008

Orange Brook Elementary School
715 South 46th Avenue, Hollywood, FL  33021
Last modified Orange Brook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Orange Brook Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top