1,496 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 02, 2016
All of the programs you can join are amazing! The Driftwood Middle School fights are fake.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 15, 2015
Thank you to all the teachers, administration and PTA for making my child's middle school experience excellent.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted October 15, 2015
There was a lot of homework in 6th grade. But it was a lot more manageable in 7th and 8th.

Posted October 15, 2015
This is my son's third and last year at Driftwood. We are so impressed with the teachers, administration and curriculum at this school. He is in Honors classes, taking high school level courses and is in the National Junior Honor Society. There are many clubs and ways to be involved in extra curricular activities. I highly recommend Driftwood.

Driftwood Middle School 1

Posted August 27, 2014
Just do a YouTube search for Driftwood Middle fights and you can see how the kids act at this school. Discipline is non-existent at this school. Stay far away from this school if you want your kids to be safe and not bullied.

Posted June 27, 2014
Don't listen to any other reviews. Yes, the principal is a little conceded but the teachers work extremely hard to make sure the student excel. Our test scores show that the teachers works hard to help us students. Yes there are some issues but no one nor school is perfect. And the most problems are from the lower teams whose parents don't discipline them. Come to this school SPECTACULAR

Driftwood Middle School 3

Posted August 18, 2013
There were a bunch of fights like before they made the rule of 10 day suspension. This school isn't aware but there are gangs, drugs, and a lot of setups for fights. A bunch of 13 year old girls that are doing things they really shouldn't be doing. Some of their parents are aware and don't care. The school website should be updated more often. I have no idea where I am suppose to go tomorrow. I didn't get a call that I should report anywhere. They should also put the schedule on pinnacle, it only works on some mobiles, I'd like to know my schedule which would make tomorrow less hectic. One of my teachers last year let the class do whatever they wanted, they'd walk out no problem. They also did this escort to the bathroom thing, where they have security walk us to the bathroom, WHICH SUCKS!!!! I hate it everyone hates it, I am about to pee myself and the security is late to pick us up. Its a stupid rule and it was never a good idea. I don't know what they were thinking at all. I understand people were doing bad things but there can be security outside the 3 bathrooms, what if something actually bad happens and security are too busy watching kids pee. This school has worsened. :(((((

Driftwood Middle School 2

Posted June 01, 2013
I am currently an eight grader in his last week at this school. My experience here was sub-par, at best. First of all, there are staff members (3) "monitoring" the cafeteria. They do a terrible job at that. Throughout my 3 years here, the staff don't notice anything (fights) unless every student starts yelling "ohhhhhh" or cheering. The school doesn't do a good job in the communication area. Each time they have been called (teacher/administrator) the individual will fail to call back after a message is left via voicemail. They decided to lock all bathrooms in the school and made an escort required for any movement during a class period. This was around 3 weeks before school ended (people like me relieve themselves on a certain schedule). When it comes to teachers, some are very good at what they do. Mr.Ogden (history) entertains students while teaching them which is very hard to come by. He does a very good job teaching us and he has to be one of my favorite teachers. I've had terrible experiences with teachers this year as well. This school is mainly focused on test scores (EOC, Finals, FCAT) The staff even tries to make you clean up during a Saturday detention.

Posted January 04, 2013
I'm an eight grader now and what I have experienced in this school is great. The teachers are strict sometimes because their trying to teach a lesson and my school has staff members and a policeman checking the hallways to ensure no horseplay or students skipping class. Since I got to this school it was okay but it has improved a lot. There are some teachers that go over the extreme and are unfair. Also I have seen that lots of kids are applying to this school. The only thing I would change is when school ends and the walkers have to exit to the back of the school. Other than that its good also there's lots of clubs and sports. Just letting you know the coaches will remove your child out of a sport depending on their grades they don't tolerate students with low grades on a sport team even if the student is a great player. Our food is good due to our new vending machine that now sells yogurt parfait and chicken wrap. This school is great, one more thing on your first day students just need to bring 3 pencils a bookbag and paper because that day teachers will give them their school supplies list. I hope you found my comment useful.

Posted October 18, 2012
I attend this school now, and I LOVE IT. I'm in all advanced classes, except for my math (I'm in GEM), and I have straight A's thanks to my WONDERFUL teachers. The work challenges me, so I didnt get these grades by simply going to school- trust me, I worked for them. The office staff is so nice and I find it easy to communicate any problems I have to an adult, and the problem is always taken care of immediately. The principal changed- he's much better now!! They have their annual Cardinal Festival (ITS TOMORROW!! :D) and I'm sure it will be sooo much fun. The band teacher is nice. (DONT TAKE P.E... YOULL REGRET IT.) Awesome school!!

2751 N 70th Ter, Hollywood, FL  33024
Last modified Driftwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Driftwood Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top