2,074 students|Broward

Bad
Good

I had been a student at Hollywood hills high school for the past 4 years now,but many will give the school a bad review & to be honest I wouldn't have scored such a very high rating if it wasn't for my experience in the Magnet program, Hollywood Hills Military Academy. I have tended classes on both sides & worked with the staff on both sides. The Academy has they're own set of staff, these administrators try their out best in providing the needs to their cadets (Students in the academy are refer to cadets). There is always some one they could talk to whether it's about grades or something personal, they are always there for them. Most the teachers are very helpful, if you need help with any subject there is normally peer tutoring 4 days a week & teachers normally stay an extra 30 mins to a few hours after school to finish grading & be there for any students who need to come in talk to them. Most of teachers will stay after school and schedule tutoring times if a student need a 1 on 1 session. Most teachers in the academy also provide opportunities for grade improvement. Anything from extra credits assignment and re-doing to projects for finals. Unlike main campus teacher, I have seen many who struggle to meet individuals needs & many are gone out of the door once school ends. Hills & Academy has their own office & information are found quicker & easier in the academy office than in the front office. It takes forever to finally make an appointment , get transcripts, or have a simple question answer but the Academy help aids the student to get the information they are looking for quicker. I have read comments who they feel they wasted their 4 years but to be honest I felt like I gain a lot more than any other high school could have given me. The Academy had help me apply for colleges , understand the process, open me to scholarships opportunists, & help me create a future. It's not just to get an high school diploma for cadets but to make them college & career bound. I've learn skills that would stick with me and I am thankful for, even though the classes are all honors & AP, & could keep one very busy , the challenge is worth it & the struggles pays off after all I could write more but my space is running out, & if you want a special high school experience & life long skills , give the Military academy a try, it would be worth it in the end.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Hollywood Hills teachers most are not so much as "Teacher materials" many would say but at Hollywood Hills Military Academy teachers are high quality teachers and very effective. Most will actually teach and stay after school to help the students.

Amount of homework: Agree

The homework can be just right with the right classes but for the first two years in Hollywood Hills High School Military Academy , it can be too much if your not use to all Honors and AP classes.

Develops character: Agree

The Military academy enforces such qualities like honesty, Integrity and fairness. There are honors code a creed that students must follow along with two phrases many cadets follow and live by which the creed states " I will always be accountable for my actions and deed " and " I do not lie, cheat or steal" while the other saying includes "High standards, Have respect, Make good decision, Always learning" this phase also create the acronym H.H.M.A, to the out side world it stands for Hollywood Hills Military Academy but for cadets it stands for.... High standards Have respect Make good decision Always learning

One of the coaches put it very appropriately: "We have everything you need here, good and bad. As long as your daughter stays around good kids and wants to do well, she will get everything she needs." The horrible politicians in Tallahassee, including our criminal governor, have done little to help the school systems. Too many classes in portables; needs updating throughout the buildings; needs SEATING around their playing fields; a concrete track that should be surfaced with rubber to protect athlete's legs; has cut down on bus routes forcing many children to walk more than half a mile across major intersections to get on a bus; and needs to pay their teachers more money. A very good military academy, many honors and advance placement classes, an involved PTSA and some excellent coaches. Football, flag football and volleyball coaches and teams are top-notch. I spent last year searching for a great college for my older daughter and learned that most high school seniors have little understanding of where they should go to college. I have volunteered-officially-with the school and no one takes advantage of the great lessons I have learned. More parents need to participate.

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. This school is a disgrace to the bcps system. Academically, its just not somewhere to put your kids. The hallways are not presentable. The school is very very small. The administrators are there just to be there. Save your child and throw away the thought of putting your child here for the next 4 years of their life.

Parents please listen to me when i tell you do not put your child in this school. This school gets worse and worse every year. The administrators do not care about a single thing. The school dirty and small. The kids do what they want, and its just not somewhere you want your kid to be at for thier first year of high school. Im just waiting for bcps to close it down.

As a graduating honor student of Hollywood Hills I can truly say I have wasted 4 years. I feel like I learned very little and the administration is quite unfair. Aside from picking favorites not only did the Principal had purchased AP books in which we could not take home to study with, when our class was filled with painting fumes and we special requested to do our work quietly in the patio. As we sat down, her along with 4 unnecessarily mean security guards came and escorted us rudely into the library (which was closed to all students except for kids who have failed the FCAT 4 years in a row) to have us (Four top of the class AP students) to work on the library floor in a corner instead of in the empty fresh-air patio. I am sick of being under appreciated and have my time wasted at such a facility. They don't even offer any variety or interesting classes. Oh and the guidance counselor had told me and many other students we will never go to college. I am currently admitted to a very high accredited Florida University. Send your kids to a nicer school. :-)

My husband graduated from HHHS and now our child is a freshman. So far the experience has been very positive - academically, athletically and in school spirit.

This school just keeps getting worse and worse. The teacher's are unable to academically challenge their students, but I guess that doesn't really matter when none of them want to learn. In addition to the mediocre teaching and atrocious behavior of the students, Hills dropped to a "D" rated school which means that the all the attending students received a letter allowing them to transfer to a different school in the area, and that's just what most of them did... so now all the students who wanted to learn transferred to a different school. Honestly, good for them; they dont deserve to be in an academically inadequate environment.

Last modified Hollywood Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.