Posted August 17, 2014
Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. This school is a disgrace to the bcps system. Academically, its just not somewhere to put your kids. The hallways are not presentable. The school is very very small. The administrators are there just to be there. Save your child and throw away the thought of putting your child here for the next 4 years of their life.

Posted August 16, 2014
Parents please listen to me when i tell you do not put your child in this school. This school gets worse and worse every year. The administrators do not care about a single thing. The school dirty and small. The kids do what they want, and its just not somewhere you want your kid to be at for thier first year of high school. Im just waiting for bcps to close it down.

Posted May 07, 2014
As a graduating honor student of Hollywood Hills I can truly say I have wasted 4 years. I feel like I learned very little and the administration is quite unfair. Aside from picking favorites not only did the Principal had purchased AP books in which we could not take home to study with, when our class was filled with painting fumes and we special requested to do our work quietly in the patio. As we sat down, her along with 4 unnecessarily mean security guards came and escorted us rudely into the library (which was closed to all students except for kids who have failed the FCAT 4 years in a row) to have us (Four top of the class AP students) to work on the library floor in a corner instead of in the empty fresh-air patio. I am sick of being under appreciated and have my time wasted at such a facility. They don't even offer any variety or interesting classes. Oh and the guidance counselor had told me and many other students we will never go to college. I am currently admitted to a very high accredited Florida University. Send your kids to a nicer school. :-)

Hollywood Hills High School 4

Posted November 23, 2013
My husband graduated from HHHS and now our child is a freshman. So far the experience has been very positive - academically, athletically and in school spirit.

Posted October 29, 2011
This school just keeps getting worse and worse. The teacher's are unable to academically challenge their students, but I guess that doesn't really matter when none of them want to learn. In addition to the mediocre teaching and atrocious behavior of the students, Hills dropped to a "D" rated school which means that the all the attending students received a letter allowing them to transfer to a different school in the area, and that's just what most of them did... so now all the students who wanted to learn transferred to a different school. Honestly, good for them; they dont deserve to be in an academically inadequate environment.

Hollywood Hills High School 3

Posted July 06, 2011
Before attending Hollywood Hills, I had spent 10 years in a private school. Now, I'm not entirely sure what other public schools are like, bear with me. I feel as though freshman year didn't offer as many options for me as I would've liked. I could have easily been in AP English with the seniors, but I was instead put into an honors class where the teacher appeared to view my ability as an annoyance. In my Integrated Science Honors class, I was practically teaching the other students. In Computer Engineering, we sat in a classroom that didn't have computers. We should have had them. My only saving grace was Creative Writing. The teacher was the best I've ever had, and I cannot recommend her class highly enough. She really made my year, and got me involved in all of the after-school activities Hills has to offer. Sadly,many of the students at Hills behave in an atrocious manner. They seem to know little and have no interest in learning anything. There are some decent students, however. AP classes and Creative Writing seem to contain better quality people. Because of the ACE academy, my sophomore year will contain some great classes, I can say that much. Physics, Pre-AP English, ect.

Hollywood Hills High School 2

Posted April 22, 2011
i am disappointed in this school i thought it was better. a couple of students have been arrested for stealing from other kids and destroying school property. some of the teachers are nuts make accusations they cannot back up. you go to the school to get things resolved and they say lets just move past this. very unhappy. my child is failing major in one of her classes and cannot get anyone to call me back

Hollywood Hills High School 5

Posted January 27, 2011
I loved hills to death and yes your going to have those teachers that you hate and people that have bad attitudes but that's high school . That doesn't make the school bad though . I loved it there and all the teachers , students , and coaches show respect and it's like one big family . If i could go back , I would .

Posted August 15, 2010
The school is a joke teachers cant do their job because they are all afraid of the principal.Most of the teachers are worried about losing their jobs.they are often distracted from teaching. In English they don't teach proper spelling or grammar i could go on about every subject but i doubt that my oppinion will change our school

Hollywood Hills High School 5

Posted October 02, 2009
I love the kids, teachers and coaches. They truly care about the students.

Hollywood Hills High School
5400 Stirling Road, Hollywood, FL  33021
Last modified Hollywood Hills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollywood Hills High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top