No rating

Chaminade Madonna College Preparatory

Private | 9-12

Living in Hollywood

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $87,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,140.

Posted July 21, 2014

The faculty and most of the administration are wonderful. However, the school is literally falling apart. There is a major bullying and drug problem at the school. Many students are disrespectful towards faculty, other students, and themselves. Many students lack morals and modesty. Some of the guidance counselors are very liberal,and try to be friends with the students instead of good Catholic role models.

Posted July 18, 2014

I went through my four years at this school and I have to say that it is not worth the money spent to come here .. The teachers don't do what there suppose to be doing or at least they don't do it right , they do not put in grades when they need to as well as not focus on the students problems in class.. Also the school is very unOrganized for example with the iPad use at this school most of the kids I know we're unable to sign in to the programs necessary for school work for a month or two after school already started due to what they said were "student issues" ... Another thing I've realized is they have a promise that 98 percent of students go to a higher learning but most just go down the street to Broward college . Which is the same place kids from public school usually go to .. ( doesn't make sense to spend thousands of dollars to end up the same place as people who didn't spend dime on there high school career are going )

Posted June 9, 2014

I am about to go into junior year at Chaminade-Madonna. After two years at this school, I can honestly say that my time there has been less than pleasant. Firstly, although there is not a heavy presence of bullying, children who do not belong to a certain clique WILL be left feeling left out in many things. Most students are only concerned about themselves and their popularity. To put it colloquially, they are extremely "fake." Also, the faculty doesn't seem to know what to do with the money we give them (which is way more than it should be!). The campus needs a major upgrade, we have a CENTIPEDE problem, and rainy days make it impossible to walk through the halls. However, they're raising money to build a fence around the school, which I think is completely unnecessary, because trust me no one is trying to break in. As an AP and Honors student, I do enjoy all of my teachers and their classes. I feel that they are all doing their best to educate us. However, I don't think academics at CM are really up to par with other schools. The school boasts that most of its students get accepted to college... but my question is: what types of colleges? This rating should really be a 2.5.

Posted May 6, 2014

Just OK. Not worth the $$ spent. The faculty and staff do not have as many credentials that most public schools have for faculty. Smarter and better educated faculty and the better public schools... just my 2 cents

Posted May 4, 2014

Excellent school with caring teachers and wonderful administration. 98% of students go on to college or military upon graduation!

Posted August 22, 2012

Average school at best. Was there 1 year (senior transfer). Wish I never left NYC. The old adage: Those who cant do, teach. Those you cant teach become administrators and principles. Poor marks for all.

Posted August 13, 2012

My daughter has been there for three years, loves the school and from a parents standpoint she excels so we have only praise for there work

Posted July 16, 2012

Faculty and Principal strictly Sub-Par performance. I attended for 2 years and most (if not all) teachers and faculty have "favorites". I believe it is the spanish culture inbred within the structure here. Too many cliques (groups). They would be best to get new principal and upper faculty. Clean house would be in best interest. Go Elsewhere for a truly good education.

Posted June 6, 2012

Teachers who refuse to provide students with a clear understanding of learning goals- who say they will provide clear student guides for comprehensive midterns and finals and mislead students to make them look badly- teachers who say they will provide prompts that will be included in finals ahead of time for student planning but fail to do so. If you believe that college prep means making it hard in an unfair manner then this is the school for you. In today's competitive college admissions environment, you would do well to go to public school or to another school that will help you maximize your potential instead of trying to hurt your chances.

Posted March 10, 2012

C-M has a great academic environment, with great teachers who really care about each and every student. After attending public schools my whole life, I cannot emphasize how refreshing it is to feel like more than just a "number". I love belonging to the C-M family. My one complaint is the unfairness regarding girls sports. Other than that, I have had a wonderful experience overall.

Posted February 13, 2012

This school has good academics, a wonderful social environment, outstanding faculty mentors, and dismal, dismal sexism for girls' sports. If your girl is an athlete, she will be swept under the rug unless she can play boys' sports. There is VAST discrepancy between boys' and girls' sports, no money for girls, everything for football and baseball. This is SO disappointing. My daughter has been extremely frustrated, in tears on occasion. There are many good things about Chaminade, but girls' sports is not one of them.

Posted September 27, 2010

I was a student for four years and found CM to be a wonderful place. I was in honors/AP classes for most of my coursework but placed into 'regular' math. I found all of the teachers to be creative and fun and genuinely interested in their students. The school offers a lot for students to become involved in, no matter what you enjoy. I never felt excluded from any students or alienated in any way. I never saw bullying of any kind occur. People were very welcoming and kind. I did not feel like it was a 'typical' high school environment with cliques, hierarchies, etc. Can't say much about the administration, however. They seemed only to care about how much $$ they could bring in. You can tell the staff is divided between who the admn likes and who they don't. Usually, the teachers admn doesn't like are the students' favorites.

Posted July 28, 2010

I went to this school for four years. You will get a mixed experience depending on what classes you get. Even if you are shuffled into regular classes, ask to get transferred into honors or AP classes or ask what needs to be done for you to "qualify" to get into those classes. My schedule was messed up one year, and I was put into regular English, which was just so piss poor and crowded that I rearranged my schedule to get into honors English at least. The administration of this school is not helpful at all and plays favorites to known families and athletes. As well, the administration does not inform you of ways to save money. I was angry to learn some time after I graduated that I could have attended the school for free. I was never informed of this by the tuition/financial department.

Posted March 22, 2010

This high school has teachers that bend over backwards for their students. Most of the teacher truly care about the students and want to help them. This is a great school. My child graduates this year.

Posted October 27, 2009

Great school to send your children to. Chaminade Madonna truly supports the mind, body and soul of all of it's students. The small community allows students to create relationships with their teachers as well as making countless friendships along the four year journey.
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 3, 2009

small, faith based. encourages a balance of academics, sports and community service. the teachers are encouraging and available.

Posted August 22, 2009

It was horrible. I did not enjoy it. I got out as soon as I could to go back to public school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 14, 2007

The only problem I have experienced at Chaminade-Madonna was the inconsistency of decipline.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 24, 2007

The school has a pretty good reputation, but there is little socioeconomic variety.

Posted December 27, 2006

I transferred here from public school. It was okay. There was some unfair treatment of certain students. Punishments were not given out fairly. Some teachers played favorites very noticibly. Eh, should have stayed where I was.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (954) 983-4663

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College preparatory
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

500 East Chaminade Drive