1,232 students|Broward

Bad
Good

As a parent I've had some concerns One of my boys didn't do as well last year in math like he always has.He had Ms.Hsu 6th grade Gem class..He wasn't as excited every one kept saying how good she is I wasn't impressed with her teaching or communication skills.In the end she left the kids right before testing time instead of finishing the school year...Talk about Dedication.Ms.Hogan talks about all her degrees but when I contacted her in reference to my child not even a phone call back she didn't seem to care about addressing my concerns.I have another child in gifted classes this year whom I'm keeping out of Gem and she's the main reason for that decision! I love most of the staff at Apollo Middle especially the Teachers that really do care like Mr.Rodriguez,Ms Davis,Ms WB these are teachers to name a few that care and it shows! Mrs.Rodriguez in the office is always so willing and helpful and Mr.Lee is awesome..This is some of the reasons my children all attend Apollo Middle!

Amount of homework: no rating

I dont know because when i was there they did both too little and too much so im guessing keep it that way!

Develops character: Agree

Because it helps us grow for the future and helps us remember important things for the future!

Best middle school i wonder if my 8th grade teachers from last year are still there i know one of them isn't but what about the other teachers! But most of all still the BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL !

I am in the honors program with the highest 7th graders and all the teachers are exceptionally great. I have heard bad reviews of the teachers for the lower students at apollo. Like for example Ms. Gomez (6th science) and others. These types of teachers do not teach but just sit around expecting students to do things on their own. I've had Ms. Dworzan for my 2nd year now and she is great! Fight to get into her class. All i can say is the higher you are in the program the better teachers you will have. The environment is great but the cafeteria needs cleaning policies and more food restrictions as students have fallen ill to the food in the past years. Otherwise great school overall!

I have been in Apollo since 6th grade (currently in eighth) and I rate it above average. There are good and bad teachers there, For example, The only teachers i had that i have or had problems with are the honors Algebra teacher, the Spanish teacher, and the gym teacher. Other than that, i dot n't know about any other teachers, Since im in gifted programs and STEM, but ive heard good and bad about the other teams teachers. I recommend this school if you can stand up for yourself against the bad kids and somewhat hard teachers if your not in Gifted

As a student just entering middle I would have to say the school is great. Mr.Zimmermann-finance-he is very watchful to help students with money. Mrs.Gomez-science/aeronautics-she is very hands on with us. Mrs.Beeber-world hist-honest and won't stop until she has proved a point. Mrs.Hsu-math-tough yet helpful she puts everyone up for a challenge. Mrs.Brown-language-rigor but will help you to understand everything. This is my schedule. School is nice and on top of everything for all students and teachers. All teachers have discipline but will help to make sure everyone understands. A+ SCHOOL

Apollo Middle School dedicated its new, Daniel Torres and Greg Ashley 'STEM' in the Gardens Learning Center- Powered by State Farm, on Wednesday, July 24th. When students return to Apollo on August 19th, they will be welcomed by a functioning garden including herbs, fruits and vegetables, a butterfly garden, life-sized chessboard, 20 new laptop computers and a technology cart, and a fully equipped botany lab. This Common Core learning environment was funded through a grant provided by State Farm, and will operate to serve students during and outside of school hours. Designed to support the school's STEM magnet curriculum, the Learning Center will revolutionize learning and introduce students to skill sets that will serve them in the future. Students will explore horticulture, botany and life sciences, critical thinking, mathematical concepts and complete laboratory experiments. School functions will also be facilitated throughout the year to ensure the entire Apollo community is able to appreciate and benefit from this fantastic new addition to Apollo. The sky is truly the limit, and the staff of Apollo Middle can't wait to use the Learning Center to help their students blast off!

We were excited to send our son to the STEM program due to their philosophy of hands-on science education. However, by her own admission, the sixth grade science teacher does not actually teach the students nor does she do labs with them. She gives the students packets to read and expects them to complete the packets on their own. I have never met a teacher who makes no attempt to teach before. She is the worst teacher I have ever met, and her attitude is viscous and malicious. It was obvious the other teachers in the room were embarrassed about her and for her. I would not recommended wasting your time to send your children to the STEM program.

I cannot say enough about this school. My son is having the best academic year yet and for the first time, just achieved straight A's. The teachers are wonderful on his team, every single one of them. My son is in the ESE program for language and Ms. Crawford and Ms. McCauley are very focused on him, although there are so many children in the program. They go over and above what they are typically required to do. My son likes school and is challenged by the work but far from overwhelmed. Apollo is a perfect fit for our family and the aftercare program is also wonderful. He finishes all of his homework in school so there is time to enjoy life at home after school. Looking forward to another great year next year!

Last modified Apollo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.