Hollywood, FL
Students enrolled: 1,214

Posted November 25, 2014
As a parent I've had some concerns One of my boys didn't do as well last year in math like he always has.He had Ms.Hsu 6th grade Gem class..He wasn't as excited every one kept saying how good she is I wasn't impressed with her teaching or communication skills.In the end she left the kids right before testing time instead of finishing the school year...Talk about Dedication.Ms.Hogan talks about all her degrees but when I contacted her in reference to my child not even a phone call back she didn't seem to care about addressing my concerns.I have another child in gifted classes this year whom I'm keeping out of Gem and she's the main reason for that decision! I love most of the staff at Apollo Middle especially the Teachers that really do care like Mr.Rodriguez,Ms Davis,Ms WB these are teachers to name a few that care and it shows! Mrs.Rodriguez in the office is always so willing and helpful and Mr.Lee is awesome..This is some of the reasons my children all attend Apollo Middle!

Posted October 13, 2014
I am in the honors program with the highest 7th graders and all the teachers are exceptionally great. I have heard bad reviews of the teachers for the lower students at apollo. Like for example Ms. Gomez (6th science) and others. These types of teachers do not teach but just sit around expecting students to do things on their own. I've had Ms. Dworzan for my 2nd year now and she is great! Fight to get into her class. All i can say is the higher you are in the program the better teachers you will have. The environment is great but the cafeteria needs cleaning policies and more food restrictions as students have fallen ill to the food in the past years. Otherwise great school overall!

Posted September 11, 2014
I have been in Apollo since 6th grade (currently in eighth) and I rate it above average. There are good and bad teachers there, For example, The only teachers i had that i have or had problems with are the honors Algebra teacher, the Spanish teacher, and the gym teacher. Other than that, i dot n't know about any other teachers, Since im in gifted programs and STEM, but ive heard good and bad about the other teams teachers. I recommend this school if you can stand up for yourself against the bad kids and somewhat hard teachers if your not in Gifted

Posted September 05, 2013
As a student just entering middle I would have to say the school is great. Mr.Zimmermann-finance-he is very watchful to help students with money. Mrs.Gomez-science/aeronautics-she is very hands on with us. Mrs.Beeber-world hist-honest and won't stop until she has proved a point. Mrs.Hsu-math-tough yet helpful she puts everyone up for a challenge. Mrs.Brown-language-rigor but will help you to understand everything. This is my schedule. School is nice and on top of everything for all students and teachers. All teachers have discipline but will help to make sure everyone understands. A+ SCHOOL

Posted August 04, 2013
Apollo Middle School dedicated its new, Daniel Torres and Greg Ashley 'STEM' in the Gardens Learning Center- Powered by State Farm, on Wednesday, July 24th. When students return to Apollo on August 19th, they will be welcomed by a functioning garden including herbs, fruits and vegetables, a butterfly garden, life-sized chessboard, 20 new laptop computers and a technology cart, and a fully equipped botany lab. This Common Core learning environment was funded through a grant provided by State Farm, and will operate to serve students during and outside of school hours. Designed to support the school's STEM magnet curriculum, the Learning Center will revolutionize learning and introduce students to skill sets that will serve them in the future. Students will explore horticulture, botany and life sciences, critical thinking, mathematical concepts and complete laboratory experiments. School functions will also be facilitated throughout the year to ensure the entire Apollo community is able to appreciate and benefit from this fantastic new addition to Apollo. The sky is truly the limit, and the staff of Apollo Middle can't wait to use the Learning Center to help their students blast off!

Apollo Middle School 2

Posted May 04, 2013
We were excited to send our son to the STEM program due to their philosophy of hands-on science education. However, by her own admission, the sixth grade science teacher does not actually teach the students nor does she do labs with them. She gives the students packets to read and expects them to complete the packets on their own. I have never met a teacher who makes no attempt to teach before. She is the worst teacher I have ever met, and her attitude is viscous and malicious. It was obvious the other teachers in the room were embarrassed about her and for her. I would not recommended wasting your time to send your children to the STEM program.

Posted January 16, 2013
I cannot say enough about this school. My son is having the best academic year yet and for the first time, just achieved straight A's. The teachers are wonderful on his team, every single one of them. My son is in the ESE program for language and Ms. Crawford and Ms. McCauley are very focused on him, although there are so many children in the program. They go over and above what they are typically required to do. My son likes school and is challenged by the work but far from overwhelmed. Apollo is a perfect fit for our family and the aftercare program is also wonderful. He finishes all of his homework in school so there is time to enjoy life at home after school. Looking forward to another great year next year!

Apollo Middle School 1

Posted October 12, 2012
It is understood that teachers have the right to set a line of respect with the students, especially when children don't pay mind to their academics. However my son attends the school and becuse he is not such a nerd and might not love school as many others, the teachers tend to always hit him where it hurts, they don't encourage him to make it better, instead they put him down in front of others, they lack on staff to prevent the fights, then they want to suspend your kid...Where's the education? you can't just send a kid home for a period of time to do nothing..to my understanding school is to teach the kids and disipline, atleast that't how I was taught. Over all the school is average, they only look more towards the kids in the advance classes,as they are the ones to maintain the school with a good rating and they forget about the ones that require the help.

Posted August 28, 2012
Since there has not been a review on this school since 03/11, I would like to review this school. I am a parent of a student who just started 7th grade in the STEM program. It is only the beginning of the school year, and so far, I am very pleased with Apollo, the teachers, the administration and school environment. My son also loves the school and tells me each day how much he is enjoying his classes and teachers. He makes new friends daily and is happy to go to school each day and when he gets home. He came from a small montessori school where he attended 6th grade and had no problem transitioning to Apollo, even with the larger amount of students than the montessori school. Hesays the kids walk from class to class with each other so he never got lost in the halls or felt overwhelmed & was comfortable on the 1st day. All a parent wants for their child in a new school is for them to be happy, engaged and comfortable and my son is! I have made calls to the school to different administrators who have both called me back within a few hours. There is a wam feeling in the school and my family is very happy with Apollo and look forward to a fun and challenging school year.

Apollo Middle School 1

Posted March 09, 2011
I moved from california to florida a few months ago I went to apollo for 2 days and HATED it. it's not a very good school the people get in fights and there not very welcoming they give you your schedule and expect you to know where to go I went to all the wrong classes on my first day the teachers are rude to the students and the people in the office are very unprofessional I was sitting in there for an hour waiting for someone to take me to class and the sectary was talking about going clubbing I wouldn't recommend going there

Apollo Middle School
6800 Arthur Street, Hollywood, FL  33024
Last modified Apollo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Apollo Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top