1,232 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted June 09, 2016
As a parent I've had some concerns One of my boys didn't do as well last year in math like he always has.He had Ms.Hsu 6th grade Gem class..He wasn't as excited every one kept saying how good she is I wasn't impressed with her teaching or communication skills.In the end she left the kids right before testing time instead of finishing the school year...Talk about Dedication.Ms.Hogan talks about all her degrees but when I contacted her in reference to my child not even a phone call back she didn't seem to care about addressing my concerns.I have another child in gifted classes this year whom I'm keeping out of Gem and she's the main reason for that decision! I love most of the staff at Apollo Middle especially the Teachers that really do care like Mr.Rodriguez,Ms Davis,Ms WB these are teachers to name a few that care and it shows! Mrs.Rodriguez in the office is always so willing and helpful and Mr.Lee is awesome..This is some of the reasons my children all attend Apollo Middle!

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted June 09, 2016
Ms.Hollis is always so helpful.I love walking in the office and seeing her and she always knew it was me calling she made sure she got all my messages to the right person..My boys love her..She's always pleasant!!

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted October 06, 2015
I dont know because when i was there they did both too little and too much so im guessing keep it that way!

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted October 06, 2015
im not sure beacuse i do not Know what grit means and im guessing its Supposed to help us in the Future!

Develops respect: Agree

Posted October 06, 2015
They want students to pass and have a good gpa for life and that everything is going to be alright!

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted October 06, 2015
Helps for the future and remember the past so that in the present you can choose from right or wrong!

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted October 06, 2015
Because it helps us grow for the future and helps us remember important things for the future!

Apollo Middle School 5

Posted October 06, 2015
Best middle school i wonder if my 8th grade teachers from last year are still there i know one of them isn't but what about the other teachers! But most of all still the BEST MIDDLE SCHOOL !

Posted October 13, 2014
I am in the honors program with the highest 7th graders and all the teachers are exceptionally great. I have heard bad reviews of the teachers for the lower students at apollo. Like for example Ms. Gomez (6th science) and others. These types of teachers do not teach but just sit around expecting students to do things on their own. I've had Ms. Dworzan for my 2nd year now and she is great! Fight to get into her class. All i can say is the higher you are in the program the better teachers you will have. The environment is great but the cafeteria needs cleaning policies and more food restrictions as students have fallen ill to the food in the past years. Otherwise great school overall!

Posted September 11, 2014
I have been in Apollo since 6th grade (currently in eighth) and I rate it above average. There are good and bad teachers there, For example, The only teachers i had that i have or had problems with are the honors Algebra teacher, the Spanish teacher, and the gym teacher. Other than that, i dot n't know about any other teachers, Since im in gifted programs and STEM, but ive heard good and bad about the other teams teachers. I recommend this school if you can stand up for yourself against the bad kids and somewhat hard teachers if your not in Gifted

6800 Arthur Street, Hollywood, FL  33024
Last modified Apollo Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.