No rating

St. Mark's Lutheran Church School

Private | PK-8

Living in Hollywood

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $76,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $910.

Posted June 27, 2013

This school is out of business. It was extremely unprofessional. It should of went out of business long ago. Rey Z.

Posted February 27, 2011

I enrolled 2 of my kids at St Mark since they are 2 years old.They always love to go to school and they learn a lot at school.They have very large playground are for the kids and very discipline.Their music teacher is so great and very talented you have to see when she play her guitar&sing it is very impressed.All the teacher & staff are very nice and caring they know all the student by name.The parent community their is very nice we are like the same family overall we love it.The cost of the school they it is not crazy for this kind of quality.I better say it is not the best school but we love it here.

Posted January 26, 2011

I have researched many private schools in the area and St. Marks is hands down the best private school there is! They have some of the finest teachers along with the top and most challenging curriculum out there! My son has been attending St Marks for 3 years now and the experience and knowledge he has gained has been ASTOUNDING! He always looks forward to going to school/ class and the teachers are exceptionally patient and caring. It is a shame that due to the ailing economy they had to close their lower and middle classes hopefully this will change in the future! I would without a doubt recommend to parents to not let your children miss out on the amazing St. Marks School experience!

Posted September 9, 2010

some teachers are great but the bad ones were not corrected. Poor childcare environment. Very disappointed.

Posted December 15, 2009

My son is enrolled at the 2K program at St. Mark's. I know that when I drop him off at school every day that he will receive the best of care. When I watch Principal Poulos interact with the children, he knows who each of them are, as he refers to them by name. He has offered his cell phone to parents to discuss issues with their children. St. Mark's encourages parental participation by offering over 64 different opportunities for parents to volunteer throughout the school year.

Posted December 6, 2009

Would not recommend for small kids. Poor conflict resolution among kids.

Posted October 22, 2009

Teachers and staff at St. Mark's are some of the best qualified in early childhood and elementary school. The teachers are very caring, and the school has clearly written rules and safety procedures that helps us to know that our children are safe and cared for at all times. My son a daughter look forward to school every day! Thanks, St. Mark's!!!

Posted July 2, 2008

I was extremely disturbed the way my child was treated by some of the teachers. If you are looking for nurturing christian enviroment for your child, this is not the school for you.

Posted September 25, 2007

We are so happy with the excellent education our child is receiving at St. Mark's. For the past two years we have interacted with the teachers and staff, they have always been helpful , courteous and genuinely interested in our son and his wellbeing, as well as ours as a family. We spent a year researching schools before selecting St. Mark's after two campus visits. We tell everyone we meet interested in an excellent school to consider St. Mark's.

Posted September 22, 2007

this is not a safe environment to put ur children in. There is only 1 good teacher at this school and the principal is uncaring and if u disagree with the teachers he will tell you to leave.He says teachers are right 100% of the time no quesions. This was a huge mistake i made to send my child here please consider my message and learn from it. You will be UNHAPPY!!!! This is not the correct place for Jesus Christ

Posted September 14, 2007

As parents of two St. Mark's students, one a recent graduate, the other still there, we could not be more enthusiastic about the education and care for our children. One had difficulty with a particular subject, and the teachers tutored him (a regular practice for afforded all students at St. Mark's with no extra charges), making sure he understood and could excel. Two years ago the math curriculum was changed to Saxon Math for the whole school. Our children learned like never before. All the teachers are friendly, and willing to help 'above and beyond' the classroom time. When extra help was needed, our son called his teacher on her cell phone. She assisted him, spoke to us and assured us that any time we needed her assistance, we could call. How caring and how reassuring. We encourage all to consider this wonderful school.

Posted September 11, 2007

Both of my daughters attended St. Mark's from the age of 3 through 8th grade. They were both well prepared, academically, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, for their continuing years of education. I wish my children could have attended through High School. The teachers and staff are well-qualified and experienced. When necessary my children received the same kind of loving discipline they experience at home. There are numerous opportunities for parental involvement in the PTO for those parents interested in being involved in their child's school experience. Music, art and PE are all provided during the school week. Extracurricular activities are available in the areas of music and sports. I cannot recommend this school enough to those desiring a strong academic program in a safe, disciplined environment.

Posted September 10, 2007

We are parents of two St. Mark's school children, having been at the school for four years. We are so pleased with the academic excellence of the classroom studies, the sincere commitment of all the teachers, and the spiritual care our children and family receive. The math curriculum at St. Mark's (Saxon) is considered nationwide to be one of the best, and we agree. Our children are excelling. We encourage any parents serious about a wonderful education for their children to consider St. Mark's. Once you phone the school, and go there for yourselves to meet the great teachers and staff, you will agree with our assessment. Thanks for this opportunity to share our experiences.

Posted September 10, 2007

I have two children that attended St. Mark's from pre-school through eighth grade. The staff and the faculty are very caring and nurturing, and the school stresses academic excellence. It was a loving, Christian atmosphere that helped to teach my children personal responsibilty, not only for their studies, but for the choices they made. My oldest in now in college, having earned numerous scholarships, and my younger is a junior in high school in honors and ap classes. I am grateful to St. Mark's for their love and care, and academic standards!

Posted August 16, 2007

St. Marks was until a few years ago an excellent school. the principal left. the new pastor became principal. complain you will be asked to leave. the classes are small because everyone has left. we all want better education for our children. St Marks middle school is not the answer. most of the teachers in St marks are exceptional,as are the staff. but math is a very important subject to fail. especially when high school is near. before placing your child in this school you should look into the schools attitude about this failure in their curriculum and in there refusal to correct the problem

Posted August 14, 2007

We have three children in school at St. Mark's. The teachers are more than well qualified and credentialed. The school is Nationally Accredited. Our children love their teachers and enjoy their classmates. We never doubt our children are receiving the best in education and social interaction in a safe and loving environment. We also are thankful for the unwavering Christian testimony of the faculty, staff and administration.

Posted March 5, 2006

Great school - caring teachers My son is doing great and he always feels loved and happy!

Posted November 10, 2004

Please read this before you send your kids to this school. My son went to lousy school it was the worst mistake of my life. Please dont send your kids to this school. The teachers are terrible and the principal doesnt care about his students he teaches.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted August 26, 2003

St. Marks has a great and challenging crriculum for it's students.the principal is deeply concerned about his school, staff and most of all every student.The teachers are also great, and support the students all the way. It is a God fearing school, and is also dedicated to the correct up bringing of the students. I would sincerely recommend this school and staff for the best education for any ones child.Keep up the good work.

Two or more races 10% N/A
Asian 3% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • FLOCS/ACTS
Fax number
  • (954) 925-5388

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

502 N 28th Ave