PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is truly a great school in its 50th year of education and preparation of kids for the real world. When I was a student at SHCS I had Christian teachers who really loved me and I knew it. Now that I am a little older I see that they truly cared for us students and poured their lives into ours. I am so grateful for the safe, fun environment that allowed us to have a great time learning academic knowledge, art, sports and, most importantly, about God. There are spiritual values, lessons and Scriptures that I learned there that had (and have) a massive impact on who I am today. Had I been in a secular environment I would have probably destroyed my life trying to prove myself to others who I thought were my 'friends'. At Sheridan Hills I was challenged and taught to live for so much more. I still remember a particular prayer that Mrs. Angie Parrott prayed for our class every morning when I was in 5th grade. Hearing her pray for us helped me see that God is real and wants us to know Him personally. I went on to graduate with a Bachelors of Science in Business from a major state university and a Masters Degree from one of the largest graduate programs in the world. Sheridan Hills laid the foundation for my formidable education. My experience academically and spiritually was beyond excellent. I am so grateful that Sheridan Hills has gone through another time of strong revitalization in the last couple years. Some of their recent graduates (2015, 2016, 2017) have been accepted to the US Naval Academy, Boston College, Columbia University, Cornell University (an Ivy League university) and many other great schools. It's clearly up to the individual student and their own performance-- along with the support of their family. If you want to GO, Sheridan Hills can help get you there. It is an up and coming school.

I noticed the reviews are a little dated, so I would like to offer up something more recent. As a recent graduate of the supposedly "great" school. I can honestly say that Sheridan Hills Christian School as learning institution is terrible. What no one will tell you is most of the graduates end up going to Broward College, which is basically a community college-- nothing of much stature. Attending this school will not prepare your child for college or give him a fair chance at succeeding in college. Your child will have to fill in gaps where teachers lack, especially in the science and math departments. Why would you send your child to a school, where they cannot depend on their teacher to help them to build the foundation they will inevitably need. I attended Sheridan Hills for 7 years. I regret a majority of my time there. Not only is the education lacking, but a fun school experience does not really ever come to fruition. The school is small, so everyone knows everyone's business, including teachers, who do find student drama entertaining and worth a conversation about. The sports program is terrible. The school peaked in sports a few years ago, mainly volleyball and has not come close to where it once was. This is beginning to take the form of a rant, which were not my intentions. I would just like anyone thinking about Sheridan Hills Christian School to reconsider. On the tours about the school, half- truths are told and it seems by the time one figures it out it's too late. If you are concerned with your child's spirituality there are other ways to build that. The education your child or you, as a student, will receive will not be good enough. It will leave holes and you will have to work immensely hard to fill them, if you care to. As a graduate of Sheridan Hills, I speak from my experience going there. I can say I made the best of it, as I was really involved in student government, sports, and what not, but if anyone asked me about sending their child there, I would definitely tell them exactly this, in hopes they want something better for their child. They will grow as a person and in their faith at Sheridan, but why sacrifice a good, solid education when you can have both somewhere else or through other mediums?

My son has been going to SHCS and I absolutely love it! He's almost 3yrs old and he has learned so much more than the other "school" I had him in before. The teachers, parents and students all are amazing!! I would definitely recommend it.

Excellent... My daughter was coming from another school and her improving was awesome... Very good school .... I am so happy...

The school is alright. The teachers are nice and friendly, the education is well, but the students well to much drama. The school is now having really strict polocies like if you dont tuck your shirt in, wear a belt, or wear a school jacket you get detention. If your not wearing pants with the SHCS logo on it or a school shirt you get sent home. If someone calls someone "crazy" even if playing around they get suspended, and if something happens online like on facebook and it has nothing to do with the school or bullying but its problems with someone then the student gets suspended. If you get 3 detentions in 1 quarter or skip detentioin you get saturday, if you skip saturday or dont show up you get suspended. Students are also not allowed to go to bathrooms or drink water between classes. There are to many problems at that school.

One of the first things we noticed when touring Sheridan Hills before enrolling our oldest son was the amount of respect and manners the middle school and high school students showed adults...something that can be hard to come by in today's society. We greatly appreciate SHCS's focus on both academics and citizenship and look forward to our younger sons joining the ranks soon.

I love Sheridan Hills Christian school because I have seen what a POSITIVE impact it has made, academically and morally on it's students!

I have enjoyed working at Sheridan Hills for about 8 years. My children have done well since they started the school also. Their academics have improved greatly.

This by far has been a great school for my child. he started in first grade and I am absolutely thrilled. I recommend this school to any parent who is looking for the small close nit atmosphere and the detailed attention your child needs to grow academically and beyond!

great school, because they are teaching our chidrens the love of God

Last modified Sheridan Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12