Public charter
Hollywood, FL

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science 5

Posted July 11, 2014
SO HAPPY TO HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT MY CHILD WILL NOW BE ATTENDING "A" SCHOOL AS ANNOUNCED BY FL DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. WAY TO GO HAAS!!!

Posted June 14, 2014
My kids were 1st year students once they hit 3rd grade the problems & bullying happened & didn't stop until Hollywood PD got involved.The orginal principle Leslie brown was fantastic &than the reign was handed over to Fulton,in my opinion & experience she will protect her staff even if they are in the wrong & seem to have a soft spot for the children that have discipline issues & ignored children like mine that were over achievers& rule followers- good kids with zero problems.My children were both humiliated and bullied by a teacher and I even took it to the president of charters USA and nothing was looked into nothing ever happened.Once I realized that the problem went all the way up the chain and it was only myself trying to create change,I cashed in and left the school.My children were emotionally distressed and the best thing I ever did was pull them out. The only positive were they were academically ready for anything because of the teachers.Most are good at they're job but with that being said my kids had so much stress put on them to score high on FCAT that that anxiety was created and has followed my daughter into high school.This school wasn't worth the emotional damage.

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science 2

Posted June 13, 2014
My gifted well behaved straight A child will be attending HAAS this year. And throughout the whole process all I have encountered is very rude office staff. I have very respectfully asked for information regarding the log in of the website and I was barely not allowed to talk. I went to ask something and the person on the phone tells me "let me speak!!" I don;t understand why everyone in that office is so dismisive to parents concers. Yes! please Principal FUlton please let your staff know they should lve by their own mission "Professionalism: A staff that believes in continual professional growth, personal accountability, and high moral and ethical standards." I have faith that things will turn around!

Posted May 15, 2014
This school is horrible in every aspect. Rude staff, terrible teachers (reading daily email laden with grammatical errors makes me cringe), a challenging car pool lane containing enraged, rude drivers, and very unorganized volunteering situations that have caused me stress and agro. My kids are so unhappy with this school and one child who had/still has very high FCATS scores and Honor Roll has plummeted since enrolling here and has been extremely stressed out and miserable. My other child is doing well on paper but is also extremely unhappy with the school. School should not only be educational, but warm, nurturing, encouraging, and safe from bullying. On that last note, I have reported verbal bullying to the admin. only to come away feeling as if no action will be taken to correct the situation. I've also encountered situations where I had to report teachers for verbal abuses toward other students that my kids overheard in class. This school needs to reevaluate its staff and teachers. It's problem most likely starts at the top and trickles down. Get rid of the admin and start over. Please!

Posted May 14, 2014
Administrative Staff is Rude, Rude, Rude!!!! Principle and Goldman, Goldberg whatever his name is, they are a joke. This school turned out to be such a big disappointment. What a big waste of my kids and I time and effort!

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science 4

Posted March 09, 2014
HAAS is a great school with a challenging and engaging curriculum. Our son has been at HAAS since Kindergarten (his brother will start in 2 years) and we are extremely pleased with all aspects of his education. The principal is an amazing hands-on woman with a genuine love for children and education. In fact, the entire staff is approachable, friendly, educated, and receptive to parent involvement. And parent involvement is a requirement in order to retain your child's enrollment. Parents are required to meet a certain number of volunteer hours depending on number of children enrolled in order to keep their spot. This is a wonderful perk for the hands -on parent (which I am). In reading the previous negative reviews, I cannot help but laugh at the comments about "demerits" (there are none) and that the children have to be quiet the "hole day". Is the school strict? Yes. Is there a lot of homework? Yep, because it's SCHOOL. It is our responsibility as parents to work in tandem with our children's educators at home and at school. If someone considers that "strict" or a teacher "not doing their job" then it is clear that those writing negative reviews simply do not get it.

Posted December 30, 2013
I had to pull my son out of this school because his 3rd grade teacher was mentally abusive! She had a teaching degree from an online school, one that is a joke! The other teachers have little to no teaching ability. I think the worst part is the mean, self righteous Principal (also has a degree from an online university), who is very obviously lacking people skills. There is a lot of bullying, usually by a staff member's kid or the child of a parent that volunteers a lot. Of course, this results in favoritism and nothing getting done about bullying. Bad teachers, bad students, bad staff, and bad Principal. Take your kids somewhere else, I did and they are much more successful and happy since they left HAAS. Oh, and they change uniform companies every year making prices higher and quality lower.

Posted November 04, 2013
This school is horrible,my kid was so excited to start the school,after 2 months I transferred him,this school is WAY too strict,for example:you can't talk the HOLE DAY,You always have to stay in line,the staff is so un organized,too much demerits,this school is not a good sschool

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science 3

Posted August 25, 2013
It's a good school. How ever sometimes I got sad Because the intention from some teachers is to punish students For little things, just to show her power. That is wrong. They love To give demerits. For exemplo: This was the first week of the school, before the parents recieved A list of supplies, I bought everthing that was in the list. This week the teacher came with new stuff that wasn't in the list, But they don't give bo time for the parents... The next day they was given Demerits for the students, no tolerance... What they think? The parents needs to work. If they need the material right way they should up date the list Before the school starts. Any point that you try to bring the attention, the vice principal of the school, Mr. Goldberg don't care. He is the most arrogant person that I meet.

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science 3

Posted August 01, 2013
I'm thinking about having my daughter attend kindergarten but I am concerned about overcrowded classrooms. Can anyone give me some insight on their experience positive or negative. Thank you

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science
1705 Van Buren Street, Hollywood, FL  33020
Last modified Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top