Public charter
Hollywood, FL

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science 5

Posted August 26, 2015
Great school, friendly and compromised staff. parents concerns and questions are properly addressed and answered kindly and immediately. my kids comeback home happy everyday.

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science 4

Posted August 26, 2015
Both my children have been attending HAAS since Grade K. I judge by the outcome : two happy, confident, outstanding and eager to go to school everyday children. I have been very lucky with the teachers. Last year 3rd grade was tough with all the testing and new standards, but the teachers, the Former Principal and the Administration worked united and communicated a lot with the parents to help the students. I am very involved with the school and try to volunteer as much as I can. The location of the School is not the best and the traffic is hectic in the morning. The reception area design could be a bit more visitor friendly and the times for the lunches is short. But overall I give the school the best reviews for the dedication and hard work of everybody and for how much my children have learned so far.

Posted April 02, 2015
I have been a student at H.A.A.S for nine whole years. At first, the school was great, there was no bullying issues, the teachers were great, etc. I am currently in 8th grade right now, and much has changed. Since fifth grade started, they've piled loads of work on us (and they claim that they don't give enough!!!!), I've been bullied several times by other students and the administration (and no teacher or staff member or even the principal has done anything about it), the food there looks like plastic and tastes disgusting, we are only allowed to socialize and learn about our classmates during lunchtime, some teachers don't even have the correct skills to teach a subject (and some have quit their job in the middle of the year for a better one), and the list goes on and on. I have been begging my mom to transfer me to a different school for the past 3 years, and thank God I'm leaving this place they call a "school" (more like a jail house) because I'm sick of being in a place that makes me feel stressed, upset, and overall done with some people.

Posted January 22, 2015
This school is a horrible place for children. My daughter was doing well until she hit 3rd grade and it looks like this is the consensus. She gets way too much homework. My daughter is so stressed out at this school. She is in danger of failing and I know it's because of her being stressed out and overwhelmed with all the work they give. She will literally sit there from 3pm until 10 pm doing homework. My daughter has been trying hard and just can't seem to get to where she needs to be not even with tutoring and their Saturday school.

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science 5

Posted July 11, 2014
SO HAPPY TO HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT MY CHILD WILL NOW BE ATTENDING "A" SCHOOL AS ANNOUNCED BY FL DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION. WAY TO GO HAAS!!!

Posted July 04, 2014
I am an outside observer... I did call the school once regarding their drive pattern for picking up children after school. The staff answering the phone was just RUDE and unhelpful. I have seen art projects on display at the Arts Park and do not find them to be anything special. As a charter school. in a monstrosity of a building, it is taking monies from the public schools and is in business to make money. As the previous ratings show, there is little care for children with the number of bullying complaints. Go to a Broward County public school.

Posted June 14, 2014
My kids were 1st year students once they hit 3rd grade the problems & bullying happened & didn't stop until Hollywood PD got involved.The orginal principle Leslie brown was fantastic &than the reign was handed over to Fulton,in my opinion & experience she will protect her staff even if they are in the wrong & seem to have a soft spot for the children that have discipline issues & ignored children like mine that were over achievers& rule followers- good kids with zero problems.My children were both humiliated and bullied by a teacher and I even took it to the president of charters USA and nothing was looked into nothing ever happened.Once I realized that the problem went all the way up the chain and it was only myself trying to create change,I cashed in and left the school.My children were emotionally distressed and the best thing I ever did was pull them out. The only positive were they were academically ready for anything because of the teachers.Most are good at they're job but with that being said my kids had so much stress put on them to score high on FCAT that that anxiety was created and has followed my daughter into high school.This school wasn't worth the emotional damage.

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science 2

Posted June 13, 2014
My gifted well behaved straight A child will be attending HAAS this year. And throughout the whole process all I have encountered is very rude office staff. I have very respectfully asked for information regarding the log in of the website and I was barely not allowed to talk. I went to ask something and the person on the phone tells me "let me speak!!" I don;t understand why everyone in that office is so dismisive to parents concers. Yes! please Principal FUlton please let your staff know they should lve by their own mission "Professionalism: A staff that believes in continual professional growth, personal accountability, and high moral and ethical standards." I have faith that things will turn around!

Posted May 15, 2014
This school is horrible in every aspect. Rude staff, terrible teachers (reading daily email laden with grammatical errors makes me cringe), a challenging car pool lane containing enraged, rude drivers, and very unorganized volunteering situations that have caused me stress and agro. My kids are so unhappy with this school and one child who had/still has very high FCATS scores and Honor Roll has plummeted since enrolling here and has been extremely stressed out and miserable. My other child is doing well on paper but is also extremely unhappy with the school. School should not only be educational, but warm, nurturing, encouraging, and safe from bullying. On that last note, I have reported verbal bullying to the admin. only to come away feeling as if no action will be taken to correct the situation. I've also encountered situations where I had to report teachers for verbal abuses toward other students that my kids overheard in class. This school needs to reevaluate its staff and teachers. It's problem most likely starts at the top and trickles down. Get rid of the admin and start over. Please!

Posted May 14, 2014
Administrative Staff is Rude, Rude, Rude!!!! Principle and Goldman, Goldberg whatever his name is, they are a joke. This school turned out to be such a big disappointment. What a big waste of my kids and I time and effort!

Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science
1705 Van Buren Street, Hollywood, FL  33020
Last modified Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hollywood Academy Of Arts & Science Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top