594 students|Broward

Bad
Good

Posted April 30, 2014
My son has been attending Ben Gamla for the past 4 years. The quality of the instructors and administration is outstanding at this A+ school. My son receives top quality education in a nurturing environment conducive to learning at this public charter school. The Principal knows all her students by name and really cares for each and every one of them. The school has a rigorous curriculum with the appropriate amount of homework. I highly recommend this school to any parent looking for the very best education for their children.

Posted April 30, 2014
Love the school, teachers and leadership! Quality all around! The principal really does know each child. They are firm, but loving and everything I could hope for in a school!

Posted February 27, 2014
My school is awesome and we have the best teachers in the whole state of Florida!!

Posted June 09, 2013
This school is truly great! I just left for High School and I feel so prepared. The teachers in the middle school are absolutely AMAZING! Without them, I wouldn't have passed every FCAT and EOC with a perfect score! The teachers know how to teach in a way that the students will remember the material. The school is somewhat small but you get used to it and learn to appreciate how great it really is. I definitely recommend this school even if it's small! I loved it (even though I didn't at first)

Posted October 04, 2012
Principal Mrs Miller personally and from memory knows each child, their name and their strengths and weaknesses . Let's see another principal in Broward meet that standard. This school is an A school and does it for less $$$ per student than any public school in the state. My wife and I would walk through fire and water for Sharon Miller. She truly exemplifies pure self sacrifice for the community and the children. The teachers and staff have exceeded our wildest expectations.

Posted October 04, 2012
Our kids started in Ben Gamla since the opening in 2007 and we are very happy witht the school, staff, and people in general. Everybody knows who you are and knows your kids. Mrs Miller is an excellent principal, hard working person. We are 100% supporters of the school

Posted October 03, 2012
Ben Gamla is a charter school, and as such any student, parent AND employee may leave and go elsewhere. Certainly if I were that unhappy I would be elsewhere. Also, if I were that unhappy and went elsewhere I would not worry about the school anymore. I can attest that K-8, there are no classes in any of the 4 Hebrew rooms where students sit on the floor; unless of course there is one day where classes combine to work on projects. Just as in Kindergarten, some teaching/projects are done in groups spread out on the floor. Not only has classroom sizes gone down since Mrs. Miller has been principal, she has "weeded" out any students, parents and teachers that were not up to par with our "A" rated school (which has become "A" rated since she has taken over as a principal). Those who attend the school can, and do, only have positive comments for the school, the teachers and the principal, Mrs. Miller. Certainly any students and parents that have an issue are encouraged to make an appt. I have never known Mrs. Miller to take more than 24 hours to return a call/text/email. I have also never know an issue left unresolved. More time volunteering, less time complaining=better parents!!!

Posted April 26, 2012
excellent school, very happy with my kids going to Bengamla, very happy with the teachers that they have

Posted January 25, 2012
Our Son Morgan has been attending Ben Gamla for the past 5 years. Morgan would not go to any other school but Ben Gamla, he has made many Friends and loves the School and the Family feel there that is not in any other School. Ms. Miller is a tremendous influence in the School and has had a great impact in providing a top notch education for all of Ben Gamla's Students The School continues to improve every year with smartboards, computers and high quality Hebrew instruction. My Wife and I look forward to the Ben Gamla Middle School being built in Hollywood We are indeed very lucky to have Ben Gamla in our area! Grateful Parent

Posted January 02, 2012
We have had our daughter in this school for 2 years. Great School! She has excelled! Great teachers! Faculty has a very Professional attitude & is committed to excellence!

Ben Gamla Charter School
2620 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, FL  33020
Last modified Ben Gamla Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ben Gamla Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top