Homestead, FL
Students enrolled: 1,747

Posted May 26, 2015
I must agree with a lot of these posts. This school is a joke. The children in this school are bullied by the administration. The principals and assistant principals in this school have no morals. No interest in the kids safety. They preach so much about no bullying tolerance and they are the first one to bully the kids. And I am talking for experience, my child was bullied by the assistant principal and then sent to CSI. I am not here to justified my son's punishment because i am a firm believer that every action has their consequences but I will not tolerate the assistant principal to get on his face. Another occasion was son was punched in the stomach by another student, the teacher told me that the kid will be punished and nothing was done. I called the principal and he didn't return my calls. I am transferring my son out of this circus.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is a JOKE! My first grader struggled all through the year. His teachers were wonderful and I don't blame them at all. They are in a tiny classroom with 30+ students. He needed testing, and they would never do it. Called several times and no phone calls were ever returned. His doctor called and no one would return her calls. An older kid punched him getting off the bus. The vice principal knew the kid and did nothing about it. I was told, maybe he shouldn't ride the bus. He had a D in reading for the year. I was told this wasn't a problem. I think this school needs a new start, with a new administration. And 2 visitor parking spots for 1600 kids?? Really??

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 4

Posted August 16, 2013
I love the teachers my kid has had these two years they are hands on and very helpful and kept me inform of everything

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 2

Posted July 03, 2013
I had to place my daughters in this school after making an important decision to go back to school to further my career. They were originally in Pinecrest Elementary, and as I am sure you can imagine, I was hoping for the best, but expecting the worst; the worst is what we got! Gateway is a mess, to say the least. The caliber of students (and their parents) is not ideal for a parent who wants their child to excel academically. My daughter s teacher even jokingly named the school the "mini ghetto." My oldest daughter was harassed, by her peers, because she stood out like a sore thumb because of her intellect. I now have them attending Keys Gate Charter School for this upcoming school year. It isn't an "A" school like Pinecrest, but I am hoping the environment of a charter school will be more conducive in allowing my daughters to develop intellectually.

Posted June 04, 2013
This school is doing the bare minimum to stay open. Unless your child has a disability that will garner more funding, they have no interest in them. They even tell you what to tell your child's doctor to get the diagnosis they desire to get funding. My children will not be attending this or any other Miami Dade County school next school year.

Posted April 15, 2013
Horrible ! Take notice the positive reviews date back 3 years. Larger it grows worse it gets! They love to call you and complain about nonsense but when you need help for your child in academics you have to call for weeks then threaten to call district! My child went from honors to struggling C's so they deter me to a RETEACHWEB SITE! Talk about passing the buck no accountability!im very involved with my child's education th staff there treats stents as a burden! Drop off pick up proess is a half assed disaster! Teachers constantly absent dress as if at the beach or a night club! Basically it's a ghetto zoo

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 5

Posted March 08, 2013
ia hve 9 yrs old daughter. i just moved from nyc to here. she is in 3rd great . she is doing great. her teachers are very good . i love this school.

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 3

Posted February 11, 2013
I am a grandparent of 4 children who attend this school and I am horrified with their practices. The children are bullied, not by other students but the staff and mostly the principal. The latest incident left my grandson, sad, disillusioned, and frighten against retaliation. A group of student misbehaved with a substitute teacher and each and every student had to write 3 letters. My grandson came home that day almost in tears, for he did not do anything wrong and felt he was accused and had to write a letter of apologize for something he did not do. He was threatened that if he did not comply his would be severely punished and was afraid that if his mother said anything he would be punished, again for doing nothing wrong. The staff of this school is suppose to protect our children from bullies, not be the root of the problem. This principal does not even look like the principal, her clothing and hair looks like she just got out of bed. Their is no proffesionalism among the staff. My grandchildren are constantly intimidated by the administration. I am hoping this letter will give a voice to the poor children who are afraid to say or do anything. This has gone on too long.

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 4

Posted August 31, 2011
Great ! Great! School, the staff gets 5 stars, everybody goes an extra mile for the students, there is one thing i will like to see, is the enforcement of the uniform and badge on the shirts of the students it will do sinerg a if the ones that represent the School with honor and respect are rewarded, maybe just recognized, this will make the others want to ware the uniform and badge. Another issue, the sport teams, it is important for the students to have the football, baseball, basketball teams!

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 5

Posted May 18, 2011
I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this school. They have been wonderful and my son is doing Great thanks to the teachers and administration. I am very pleased and couldn't ask for better

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center
955 Southeast 18th Avenue, Homestead, FL  33035
Last modified Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top