1,854 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 5

Posted September 16, 2015
My daughter did kindergarten at and just now started 1st grade, my son did kinder, 1st and just started 2nd at Gateway. I have been over the top happy with the school and administration thus far. My daughter was tested for gifted in kinder and my son had struggled academically; not caused by the school or teachers. I know both ends of the spectrum. Everyone has been helpful from all angles. The security guards are friendly and helpful when ever I have had contact. The administration team from 2012-2015 were outstanding, very helpful and active with the students and parents. I do not understand any of the negative reviews this school has had. Both my husband and I have been active in our children's education and in the school. The only down fall the school has that I have witnessed is, not all the parents are as interested in their child's education as I would have expected them to be. This has created some trying times for the teachers and administrative team. I am moving and will fight to keep my children in this school as it will no longer be our home school.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 16, 2015
Ms. Blake is everything I imagined and more in a kindergarten teacher. I could not have asked for anything better. Ms. Tejera is outstanding. Ms. Tejera has gone above and beyond to help my son get caught up to the rest of his class. I am so thankful for these woman among others in the office.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 16, 2015
My daughter is given a little extra work just to exercise her thinking, this is great as she is a little ahead than the rest of her classmates. My son on the other hand struggles a little more and takes a little longer to complete his work.

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 4

Posted August 17, 2015
I had my two kids here. i have to say my daughter teacher was excellent for kindergarten ms. Hernandez.she learned alot. Now my soy was in 4th grade a little challenging but as a parent we need to be on top and make sure they do what they need to do. Also if i had any problems i was asking for a meeting. Have to say he did good at the end . it was hard when he was in a class that no one wanted to learn so much a teacher can do. So dont blam so much the school they all have problems but the parents need to be involved. Lets see this year with a new principal.

Posted May 26, 2015
I must agree with a lot of these posts. This school is a joke. The children in this school are bullied by the administration. The principals and assistant principals in this school have no morals. No interest in the kids safety. They preach so much about no bullying tolerance and they are the first one to bully the kids. And I am talking for experience, my child was bullied by the assistant principal and then sent to CSI. I am not here to justified my son's punishment because i am a firm believer that every action has their consequences but I will not tolerate the assistant principal to get on his face. Another occasion was son was punched in the stomach by another student, the teacher told me that the kid will be punished and nothing was done. I called the principal and he didn't return my calls. I am transferring my son out of this circus.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is a JOKE! My first grader struggled all through the year. His teachers were wonderful and I don't blame them at all. They are in a tiny classroom with 30+ students. He needed testing, and they would never do it. Called several times and no phone calls were ever returned. His doctor called and no one would return her calls. An older kid punched him getting off the bus. The vice principal knew the kid and did nothing about it. I was told, maybe he shouldn't ride the bus. He had a D in reading for the year. I was told this wasn't a problem. I think this school needs a new start, with a new administration. And 2 visitor parking spots for 1600 kids?? Really??

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 4

Posted August 16, 2013
I love the teachers my kid has had these two years they are hands on and very helpful and kept me inform of everything

Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center 2

Posted July 03, 2013
I had to place my daughters in this school after making an important decision to go back to school to further my career. They were originally in Pinecrest Elementary, and as I am sure you can imagine, I was hoping for the best, but expecting the worst; the worst is what we got! Gateway is a mess, to say the least. The caliber of students (and their parents) is not ideal for a parent who wants their child to excel academically. My daughter s teacher even jokingly named the school the "mini ghetto." My oldest daughter was harassed, by her peers, because she stood out like a sore thumb because of her intellect. I now have them attending Keys Gate Charter School for this upcoming school year. It isn't an "A" school like Pinecrest, but I am hoping the environment of a charter school will be more conducive in allowing my daughters to develop intellectually.

Posted June 04, 2013
This school is doing the bare minimum to stay open. Unless your child has a disability that will garner more funding, they have no interest in them. They even tell you what to tell your child's doctor to get the diagnosis they desire to get funding. My children will not be attending this or any other Miami Dade County school next school year.

Posted April 15, 2013
Horrible ! Take notice the positive reviews date back 3 years. Larger it grows worse it gets! They love to call you and complain about nonsense but when you need help for your child in academics you have to call for weeks then threaten to call district! My child went from honors to struggling C's so they deter me to a RETEACHWEB SITE! Talk about passing the buck no accountability!im very involved with my child's education th staff there treats stents as a burden! Drop off pick up proess is a half assed disaster! Teachers constantly absent dress as if at the beach or a night club! Basically it's a ghetto zoo

955 Southeast 18th Avenue, Homestead, FL  33035
Last modified Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gateway Environmental K-8 Learning Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top