Keys Gate Charter High School 5

Posted July 01, 2014
This is a great school I highly recommend it especially since it's so small it's like one big family.

Keys Gate Charter High School 3

Posted April 18, 2014
Too many fights, administration is bad at timing events, has a lack of intellectually challenging classes and doesn't have FLVS. I'm in the Cambridge/Aice program and it is too easy(straight A's), so I'm changing to another school. Leave the ship before it sinks...

Keys Gate Charter High School 5

Posted April 10, 2014
Keys Gate Charter High School is the BEST!!! I am a proud and lucky parent to be part of this great school. The teachers, counselor, and staff provide a friendly and welcome place to parents and students. I know my kids are accomplishing beyond their educational needs. Thank you Keys Gate for going beyond your call of duty for our children and future pioneers!

Posted April 05, 2014
I've been going to kgcs for 9 years, and over this period of time the school constantly got worse. Violence, bullying, drugs, have dramaticly gotten worse. The lunch they serve is from a cheap company, becuase the school(funded by csusa) only cares about money. The lunch can be so bad(once i found myself drinking rotten milk) that some students throw out most if not entire school lunches, which in turn decreases mental stanima. Alot of the staff can be rude all the time and treat students as if we were lesser beings. The teacher can be kind and caring, and some times goods teachers but can be very limited to materials in class room. The orginization is horrible with 7th and 8th grade students mixed in with 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th. The only program they have is cambridge and all i have to say is that is a JOKE! Do not watse time with keys gate, you are better off living in homestead and send your child to attend a school in miami.

Keys Gate Charter High School 3

Posted February 21, 2014
I used to work at this school. It has its hiccups. discipline could be more evenly spread but it's a good school. teachers are under a microscope but they care a lot about the students and do their best. I witnessed the administration deal with a victim of bullying with much care. Later, the bully was dealt with immediately. The VP knows EVERY kid by name. However, I have also seen "certain" students in the hall without ever getting in trouble and heard of things that students would be suspended or expelled for getting only a minor consequence. I've seen some kids get called out of class and be given take out or delivery food from a STAFF MEMBER and eat it in class. I do know the teachers have definitely been trained in Cambridge. It is a young program and is developing. There is no "Cambridge Certificate". Honestly, it is probably the best, if not one of the best schools in homestead. that means its average at best compared to other better FL schools. It could be more academically rigorous but teachers have to accept late work whenever the student want to turn it in and they are discouraged from failing students so grades are inflated and they're not pushed very hard.

Posted February 20, 2014
Keys Gate Charter High School is a joke!!!!! As a parent I see and hear about Bullying, bullying, bullying it's SO sad 75% of students are coming from schools where they have been kicked out for drugs or discipline issues .....faculty does not protect the good students at all. A lot of faculty have their children attending and they don't have rules like the other students they get away with everything!!!!! The disrespect to adults is horrible do not put your children here the Cambridge program is a joke most teachers aren't even certified!!!! Good luck..... Stick with Public Schools where it's not a business!!!

Posted December 06, 2013
I have been going to this school for 6 years. Now the first two years were okay (started to get bullied seriously for the first time). In six grade all of the kids were ruthless, horrible, unfriendly. Thank god I'm in high school now. I still get bullied but very little now. Those kids that did those horrible things to me ended up making me go to a therapist. These students don't care for their future, smoking, drugs, drunk, high, sexual references. This is all I listen to all day long. These faculty don't care for us, they just want money. They have all the money for apple computers and technology but they can't get a real auditorium, gym, SCHOOL FOOD. They are very very strict on uniforms. Get caught with a jacket, taken away. No i.d. badge, detention. Faculty cursing, called me a retard before and deaf. They treat us like babies. I have work to do on a computer but I can't do it because they have to block every website there is. In all, hostile kids, cheap, don't care for us, dope head kids, faculty. Magnet school? No. If you want to go to a school better than this then go to Coral Reef.

Posted November 30, 2013
Horrible leadership within this school. Poor communication between teachers, leaders, and parents. Selectively enforced policies, rules, and guidelines. Teaches the wrong life lessons to children from examples set. On the other hand, you can rest assured that it reinforces that life isn't fair, some people just aren't nice, and not all role models should be considered, well, role models. Stay away from this place. Very disappointing. Only gave them a 1 star because you couldn't give zero stars, 2 star items should be viewed as "in comparison to" the one star items, and considered relative, not an indication of being truly 2 star worthy. We currently attend this school.

Keys Gate Charter High School 2

Posted November 16, 2013
Im currently going to Keys Gate charter high right now and let me tell you for my first year being here I think this school is horrible. all the staff care about is having perfect kids and perfect grades and perfect scores , they don't care about anything else but that , they want us to be their shiny student , it's ridiculous , but I must say that the teacher are very nice and caring & if parents want to attend their kids in this school I thi k you should think about it wisely if you don't want your child to have sucky high school years

Posted July 28, 2013
I've been going to keys fare for about 5 years now & I'm starting high school this year. The high school is a pure joke. As said before, the school only cares for its perfection, which it is not at all. A real high school has lockers, auditorium, football field, and easier uniform. They want us to be shiny and perfect students, and because of that all the students rebel against the principal & faculty. The are only about a dozen teachers there that are actually real and genuine and nice. If I could change schools, I'd do it in a heart beat. If this school could give us a choice to let us eat outside for lunch and put in lockers and give better opportunities to the students, I'd recommend it to everyone.

Keys Gate Charter High School
2000 Southeast 28th Avenue, Homestead, FL  33035
Last modified Keys Gate Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keys Gate Charter High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top