Public charter
Homestead, FL

Keys Gate Charter School 5

Posted September 18, 2014
So far so good children second year at this school. Most teachers are good, counelors have been helpful. The opportunities and well as rules are there, those who choose not to follow or take advantage of what is in place will not benefit, therefore should attend Gateway instead. Lunch could improve. Keep up the good work Knights, let's turn the B school back to an A!

Keys Gate Charter School 2

Posted August 28, 2014
Terribly organized, hard work goes unrecognized, teachers don't care and show favoritism to athletes. Too much book work instead of actual teaching, students don't learn a thing!!!

Posted June 18, 2014
Never come across such a terrible school organization. It is 6/18 and my High School graduate is yet to get his diploma. An email from Ms. Baez stated my son could pick it up today but when I went to pick it up they said they are giving them out in groups as people provide their information so now till next week. My son joined the Marines and deadline for his diploma was two weeks ago. Now my 8th grader got his report card today but while trying to enroll him in Miami Dade Online Academy they say Keys Gate has my son as no grades or attendance for 3rd and 4th quarter. DO NOT send your kids to this school! It is a mess. The principal has no people skills or compassion. Guidance Counselor Ms. Singh is amazing plus several great teachers but unfortunately they don't run the school.

Posted April 15, 2014
Denies students educational opportunities. FREE enrollment in summer courses at MDC for college credit - DENIED. At no cost to school or parents - DENIED. We had to repeatedly prompt them to call the college (yes, they denied it before they even understood it) and they still have difficulty understanding the process despite the clear explanations of the director at MDC. Who denies students educational opportunities? These folks. You are welcome to email me about it and other issues we have faced here. We scored them a 1 star because you can't score them 0 stars. They have a lot of areas they can improve upon - I hope they take the opportunity to better themselves.

Posted March 20, 2014
Horrible school! Bullying is condoned "life isn't fair. In life we don't have to like everyone we meet or work with or go to school with." This comment was made by the Vice Principal! My daughter was admitted into Miami Childrens and diagnosed with depression at 8 years old by bulling being done at this school and no compensation was received. None of the children responsible reprimanded, suspended, or expelled. My child a straight A gifted student no longer wants to go to school. Keys Gate is just a name and pretty school. The teachers dont communicate, no homework is checked, no class work is sent home as proof work is being done in class. Will be pulling my daughter out ASAP!

Posted November 30, 2013
Horrible leadership within this school. Poor communication between teachers, leaders, and parents. Selectively enforced policies, rules, and guidelines. Teaches the wrong life lessons to children from examples set. On the other hand, you can rest assured that it reinforces that life isn't fair, some people just aren't nice, and not all role models should be considered, well, role models. Stay away from this place. Very disappointing. No student lockers - no student library. Students must carry backpacks FILLED with books and binders to each class - that is horrible for growing spines!!! You think they'd have ipads or other technology in place to protect them. I only gave them a 1 star because you couldn't give zero stars; 2 star items should be viewed as "in comparison to" the one star items, and therefore considered relative, not an indication of being truly 2 star worthy. I am embarrassed to say that we currently attend this school in the middle school area and after moving across the country I actually plan to move my children out of this school at the end of the year. It IS that bad here. Don't be fooled. Submitted by a parent

Keys Gate Charter School 5

Posted October 25, 2013
This School is really good!!! people who doesn't like this school is because they doesn't like to follow rules! this is not a average school.

Posted June 04, 2013
The leadership at this school is the worst, in other words there's none. I have my son there, in first grade. They has taken un-thoughtful decision-making about retaining our child without taking our opinion or approval in consideration, not even the option of summer school or any other program available to avoid retention. Watch out parents... do research on how many kids in early grades this school are been retain base on nonsense arguments. This school is playing with our kids future. Assistant Principal Magarino lacks of professionalism and leadership. She is rude and not communicative with parents nor the teachers. Leadership without a doubt is in denial of their ability to lead an educational institution.

Posted May 30, 2013
The neputism, double styandard dress codes, bullying, staff beligerancies and the whole spectrum of negative commments cited have been the experiance we've had as well and are reflective off leadership that's in denial of thier inabliity to lead an educationa institution. There are some decent teachers at this school who are unfairly associated with the debacuhery shared on this website. My prediction....on thier current trajectory...this school will be on the news next year as a result of a tragedy, thank God my child won't be part of it!

Posted May 23, 2013
Would not recommend this school. NO leadership. They are not out for the children, just for the numbers and themselves. Bullying is a real issue and not addressed. SIS is a joke because teachers don't use it right. In regards to the comments about "if you don't like it, pull your kids"...well...I am!

Keys Gate Charter School
2000 Southeast 28th Avenue, Homestead, FL  33035
Last modified Keys Gate Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Keys Gate Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 112 reviews. Top