2,293 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

unfortunately, I was not satisfied with the teacher nor the assistant principle that was in charge. My son would sometimes come home crying. He has been in daycare since he was 6 months, and it never gotten to a point that my son wanted to escape the classroom. He has always enjoyed school. They don't address the teacher when I had a complaint. They say they will work with the child, but I sincerely felt as if they were provoking him to behave in a manner that not even I recognized. That is when I knew it was the school, So I had to move him. If a kindergarten wants to escape the building, and he has never done that, that is a red flag. The staff at the front desk are amazing though.

Develops character: Disagree

There is not a character education component at this school within the student program. Too much emphasis on testing and its results and not on developing the attributes of character among the student population.

This school is unorganized and some of the administrative staff uncaring about the needs of the parents and students. I had to pull my child out of this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I recently changed my son to kgcs and i honestly can't say it enough how happy my son and me are here! He is in the gifted program and he loves it and keeps busy. When he talks to me he seems encouraged and exited about activities in the classroom! Most important of all he is actually learning!!! The staff is very helpfull, school administrators are easy to be reached, he tried out two of the many sports the offer, he had fun, learned the sport and actually made friends!!! My Daughter will be assisting this new year in kindergarten and I am looking foward to this new school year! If you have the time, like you should for your children you will find that they really do care about them at this school!

This is a great school. Administrator, teachers and other staff are very responsible and responsive. Help is available to all students that need it and for those that don't need it there is advance programs. So many opportunities for development in academics, arts and academics.

Keys Gate has a great advanced Cambridge program for middle school. Parents are very involved. Office staff is very professional, caring and attentive. They have lots of resources most of the other local charter schools do not have you can tell where the money goes in making this school better.

So far so good children second year at this school. Most teachers are good, counelors have been helpful. The opportunities and well as rules are there, those who choose not to follow or take advantage of what is in place will not benefit, therefore should attend Gateway instead. Lunch could improve. Keep up the good work Knights, let's turn the B school back to an A!

Terribly organized, hard work goes unrecognized, teachers don't care and show favoritism to athletes. Too much book work instead of actual teaching, students don't learn a thing!!!

Never come across such a terrible school organization. It is 6/18 and my High School graduate is yet to get his diploma. An email from Ms. Baez stated my son could pick it up today but when I went to pick it up they said they are giving them out in groups as people provide their information so now till next week. My son joined the Marines and deadline for his diploma was two weeks ago. Now my 8th grader got his report card today but while trying to enroll him in Miami Dade Online Academy they say Keys Gate has my son as no grades or attendance for 3rd and 4th quarter. DO NOT send your kids to this school! It is a mess. The principal has no people skills or compassion. Guidance Counselor Ms. Singh is amazing plus several great teachers but unfortunately they don't run the school.

Denies students educational opportunities. FREE enrollment in summer courses at MDC for college credit - DENIED. At no cost to school or parents - DENIED. We had to repeatedly prompt them to call the college (yes, they denied it before they even understood it) and they still have difficulty understanding the process despite the clear explanations of the director at MDC. Who denies students educational opportunities? These folks. You are welcome to email me about it and other issues we have faced here. We scored them a 1 star because you can't score them 0 stars. They have a lot of areas they can improve upon - I hope they take the opportunity to better themselves.

Last modified Keys Gate Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.