Homestead, FL
Students enrolled: 1,311

Coconut Palm K-8 Academy 5

Posted April 12, 2013
all the people that have commented here think that they know about CPA when in reality they don't the teachers here work their buts off to try to teach us , the students are always having so much fun with the activities that there are like jean day AG day and the pep rally I have been in cocontpalm since 4 grade and now i am in 6th and I hope that I stay here until 8. Not all the teachers are nice though but if theyre mean that just shows that they want us to succeed. Also CPA has an awesome agriculture program. like all schools this school isn't perfect like In my opinion cpa should get better food like the food isn't horrible they just need more variety. In my personal opinion I love coconut palm I have met so many wonderful people. And we have free tutoring like I used to have some doubts about the FCAT but now after attending Saturday school im ready for the math and reading shout out to ms.levelle and ms.martinez (Saturday school teachers) . people commenting here are always focusing on the bad of coconut palm but they have to start having an open mind about the school cause I can think about the negative but I can only think about the positive this school over all is great...

Posted January 13, 2010

Coconut Palm K-8 Academy 0

Posted October 26, 2009
My brother went to this school when he was in elementary. Now that Naranja has been closed by the district, all these kids are now in Coco Palm. Although, it's a beutiful brand-new building, the school life (students & parents) continue to be the same (rude, careless about their children academics, not involved, undisciplined) and this reflects in their low grades. The school is a 'D' school. I hope the new principal can reach the students and families more, and increase more curriculum and academic programs for the kids.

Posted March 16, 2009
What a horrible school, the principal was extremely rude, arrogant and unwilling to respect parents. Children were very poorly behaved, poor leadership.

Coconut Palm K-8 Academy 0

Posted February 29, 2008
The teachers here at Naranja are handed a new challenge everyday. I know for a fact, because I was a student here and now I am a teacher. Teachers here are dedicated and determined regardless of how we are criticized. Not only are we teachers, but we are parents, psychologists, doctors and most of all friends. So, before you anyone starts criticizing the school and staff make sure that you stay for more than a day. You could even volunteer, and then and can honestly rate the school. So, for effort and dedication I give Naranja Elementary School and A. An A for taking what was giving to them and making the best out of it. C.M.B 2nd grade teacher

Posted July 06, 2007

Posted June 27, 2007
I was extremly dissappointed in this school. Behavior of children was horrible and adminsatrtion could care less

Posted June 09, 2006

Coconut Palm K-8 Academy 4

Posted May 05, 2004
Although this school continues to get poor ratings and is located in a lower income area, the administration and teachers are of the highest quality. The treatment of the students is respectful, the parents are encouraged to get involved,and both the principal and the teachers are eager to meet with and help the parents with any issue. Unfortunately most of the students come from unstructured homes with little or no parent involvement which causes the teachers to spend more time disciplining than teaching.

Coconut Palm K-8 Academy
24400 Southwest 124th Avenue, Homestead, FL  33032
Last modified Coconut Palm K-8 Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coconut Palm K-8 Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top