Public charter
Homestead, FL
Students enrolled: 1,006

Posted May 30, 2014
My daughter has been at Waterstone for about 4 year's already. She started off great but once she hit 3rd grade I saw a drastic change in her grades in her self esteem. She hated going to school. I don't see that the teacher's really help the kids at the child's current level. Know she is in 4th grade and at risk of Failing because she not getting the attention she needs in school. She is always worried of failing. I do see her Math teacher has gone above and beyond to really help her. I'm so greatfull for her! But her reading teacher I don't feeling like she is really helping my child. I hope and pray my child starts to love school again. Teachers need to really give these kids come confidence and guidance. I know the potential my child has and I don't see it in her gradess. I will be withdrawing my child this year. Super disappointed!!

Posted April 20, 2014
My son has attended this school for 2 years. He is currently in third grade. His teachers throughout the years have been wonderful, caring, and extremely professional. My son enjoys all the special area classes and extra curricular activities as well. His teachers are very quick to respond to my emails and notes that I write in his agenda. Anytime I have requested a conference with them they schedule me in promptly. I also feel that they have prepared him for the FCAT very well. His teachers have taught higher grade levels previously and they use good critical thinking skills with the classwork that I have seen. I feel that my son will be entering 4th grade well prepared. His teachers also work well. My son tells me that they help him when he has a hard time understanding something. I am glad he feels comfortable and happy. The traffic is an issue at times but the school is doing the best they can. I really believe that is a non-issue. The teachers are outside with smiles on their faces in the hot weather. It breaks my heart. It annoys me that parents complain about that. I have no complaints about the school. I recommend it to anyone moving to Homestead.

Posted April 12, 2014
Check out this school on Facebook. You will be able to see for yourself how amazing this school is!

The Charter School At Waterstone 1

Posted April 12, 2014
Terrible school only about how to make them selves look good but unless you have been in the school no one knows how terrible it is. Administration is the worse and the principal is only about her self. As far as parents not being involved as the one said I am on the board of the PTA and I can still say this school is not up to standards and always looking for a handout. You know the school has a bug problem when your son says he is the bug killer this week. So sad a lot if potential but need to remove most of the administration. I feel this school will be a B school in no time just as it scored last year lucky for then they get a one yr grace period. No communication with parents as u can not walk past the desk and the only was to talk to teachers is by email when they do respond. Not able to do lunch with your child so sad the keep the parents out but want the money from us.

Posted March 24, 2014
As a 5th year teacher in this school, I am appalled by how inaccurate some of these reviews are. Yes, traffic is pretty terrible, but this can happen in any school. Does any other school provide FREE sibling care so that parents of children with more the one dismissal do not have to return multiple times for pick up nor pay for aftercare? Let's be a little more appreciative of these teachers who stay and watch your child after school hours as a courtesy to you. As far as the "bug" situation in the bathroom, please note that all the bathrooms are directly next to two doors leading to the outside world, where bugs roam free, as they should. If these little critters happen to sneak into the building, there's really not much we can do. Also, it is Homestead. We can all agree that there are bugs everywhere! Just to clarify something that might be a little confusing, as with any other public school, unfortunately teachers are not provided with all the materials necessary for a functioning classroom, unless paid for out of pocket. One of the things I love most about working in this school is the constant communication and cooperation between me and my parents. It's a blessing.

Posted August 22, 2013
I cannot tell much about the school since this is the first year my child is going. But I am concerned about the dropping off and picking up students procedures. It is very dangerous for all. I hope they find a way to fix it.

Posted August 22, 2013
I have heard only the best things about this school and my two little girls are on the waiting list and can't wait to attend hopefully next years strongly recommend water stone charter school. 5****

Posted August 21, 2013
I want to say that the school is ok but the traffic is terrible gets. You guys need to improve in the traffic flowing faster.Also you guys need to work quickly in resolving in building the port because all the children not just mine pass a lot of hot weather waiting for us the parents to arrive to the front just to get them.And the other thing you need to work at is getting Mrs. Lopez back in the front office. was very upset when I went to the office and I did not see Mrs. Lopez. I have to say she is a wonderful person very caring always helps everybody. She has always been very polite never rude my oldest daughter a former student loves her and my two daughters love her so much they want to call her tia. I really hope that I get to see Mrs Lopez in the office again she is missed greatly there.We love Mrs. Lopez very much and hope you take into consideration the parents reviews thank you very much.

The Charter School At Waterstone 1

Posted August 20, 2013
I hated this school! In fact, we took an early transfer to withdraw our children. Both of my kids lost an entire year of education and regressed tremendously in academics and behaviors. My daughter's confidence level went down the toilet. She became stressed, depressed and felt dumb with the belittling from the staff. Teachers do not work with parents or kids at all! They are rude, rude, RUDE! Class sizes are outrageous (at 40!) and use of staff time is wasted as I've found them sitting doing NOTHING as the co-teacher instructs. Absolutely no logic to how anything runs or is organized. By far the most stressful year of my life. I do not recommend any aspect of this disfunctional school. The A needs to be removed promptly from the front of the building.

Posted August 07, 2013
too strict,greedy school,always asking for paents to buy something,parents basically buy all of teachers products like they dont get any funding,all the teachers are young,straight out of college and dont know how to deal with kids so any little thing a child does is wrote up and suspensions until they make you withdraw your kid,indoor suspensions for lateness caused by the school horrile traffic situations when the kid could be in class,too much rules,too strict,military runned,very stressful for parents,they dont serve breakfast even though your child qualifies for free and reduced lunch program.happy to have left that school.good reputation though,clean,small,A school,minimal sports

The Charter School At Waterstone
855 Waterstone Way, Homestead, FL  33033
Last modified The Charter School At Waterstone is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The Charter School At Waterstone Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top