996 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter started Kindergarten this year and within two weeks was promoted to the Discovery class where she can learn at a faster pace. The teachers are involved and answer my emails and questions within 24 hours. As for the parking and drop off it is very difficult but if you are patient and get to school early you should not have problems. They also offer bus service which will ensure your child will be on time. I 100% recommend Waterstone.

AN INCREDIBLE SCHOOL! Administration and teachers work together to make sure the child is being education in a way that suits them. Teachers are incredibly creative, give extra time (more than any other school) to students, and IT IS FREE! No one ever takes the time to write the good stuff.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are what makes this school so effective. Team up with the teachers to ensure your child will succeed.

Mi hija esta en está escuela hace tres año y este ha sido un año horrible,ella tenia dos maestra pues el aula es de 36 estudiante una se cambio hacia otro grado,llevan mas de 4 meses con maestras sustituta y ahora la que tenían que comenzó con ellos desde el primer día de clase la sacaron de la escuela y era una maestra increible como hay pocas amaba su profesión y muy especial con los niños ahora los niños estan como una barco a la deriva cuando falta menos de un mes para el fsa,y tres meses para que la escuela terminé,me parece que la escuela cometió un gran error porque los únicos afectados van a ser los alumnos que van a tener que adaptarse a todo lo nuevo que viene,en dios tengo fe que esta situación no afecte tanto a mi hija pues ella adoraba a su maestra y espero que la escuela deje de cometer tantos errores como hace.

My son loves Waterstone. He's in the discovery program, and is learning on a 3rd grade level although hes in 2nd. He like any other child, would prefer to be playing games at recess then learning. he's not crazy about his teachers but they send me emails directly when something is not right, or if he is misbehaving, etc. What more do you want from a teacher? he has good grades because they do these things. Take them to any of these public schools here in Homestead, and see what happens when your child decides they rather talk then finish their work. You wont get an email, believe me my oldest went to public school and its public school. Just the same my kids class has a lot of students, so they have 2 teachers. I have to take some time and read at home, and do work with him. When he is having trouble i need to help him at home. that is the same with any public school so parents that think this school should be their teacher and parent too, are in for a rude awakening. Wake up people. There is no school anywhere like when you were in school. Stop being lazy parent and help your child succeed

I took my child out of a different charter school in Homestead and put them in Waterstone. People complaining about dropoff and pickup? Get there before the bell rings and there are no problems. Parents are lazy. How about the teachers, the programs, the extra curricular activities?? I hear no complaints about these things because they are great and the kids enjoy it. I'd rather hear lazy people complain about having to wait a long time to pick up their kids, than to hear educated people complain about their children not being taught well, not having an outlet for creativity, and not being able to excel in school. Good luck finding something better in Homestead!

My daughter has been at Waterstone for about 4 year's already. She started off great but once she hit 3rd grade I saw a drastic change in her grades in her self esteem. She hated going to school. I don't see that the teacher's really help the kids at the child's current level. Know she is in 4th grade and at risk of Failing because she not getting the attention she needs in school. She is always worried of failing. I do see her Math teacher has gone above and beyond to really help her. I'm so greatfull for her! But her reading teacher I don't feeling like she is really helping my child. I hope and pray my child starts to love school again. Teachers need to really give these kids come confidence and guidance. I know the potential my child has and I don't see it in her gradess. I will be withdrawing my child this year. Super disappointed!!

My son has attended this school for 2 years. He is currently in third grade. His teachers throughout the years have been wonderful, caring, and extremely professional. My son enjoys all the special area classes and extra curricular activities as well. His teachers are very quick to respond to my emails and notes that I write in his agenda. Anytime I have requested a conference with them they schedule me in promptly. I also feel that they have prepared him for the FCAT very well. His teachers have taught higher grade levels previously and they use good critical thinking skills with the classwork that I have seen. I feel that my son will be entering 4th grade well prepared. His teachers also work well. My son tells me that they help him when he has a hard time understanding something. I am glad he feels comfortable and happy. The traffic is an issue at times but the school is doing the best they can. I really believe that is a non-issue. The teachers are outside with smiles on their faces in the hot weather. It breaks my heart. It annoys me that parents complain about that. I have no complaints about the school. I recommend it to anyone moving to Homestead.

Check out this school on Facebook. You will be able to see for yourself how amazing this school is!

Terrible school only about how to make them selves look good but unless you have been in the school no one knows how terrible it is. Administration is the worse and the principal is only about her self. As far as parents not being involved as the one said I am on the board of the PTA and I can still say this school is not up to standards and always looking for a handout. You know the school has a bug problem when your son says he is the bug killer this week. So sad a lot if potential but need to remove most of the administration. I feel this school will be a B school in no time just as it scored last year lucky for then they get a one yr grace period. No communication with parents as u can not walk past the desk and the only was to talk to teachers is by email when they do respond. Not able to do lunch with your child so sad the keep the parents out but want the money from us.

Last modified The Charter School At Waterstone is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.