996 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted July 23, 2016
AN INCREDIBLE SCHOOL! Administration and teachers work together to make sure the child is being education in a way that suits them. Teachers are incredibly creative, give extra time (more than any other school) to students, and IT IS FREE! No one ever takes the time to write the good stuff.

The Charter School At Waterstone
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 23, 2016
The teachers are what makes this school so effective. Team up with the teachers to ensure your child will succeed.

The Charter School At Waterstone 2

Posted February 28, 2016
Mi hija esta en está escuela hace tres año y este ha sido un año horrible,ella tenia dos maestra pues el aula es de 36 estudiante una se cambio hacia otro grado,llevan mas de 4 meses con maestras sustituta y ahora la que tenían que comenzó con ellos desde el primer día de clase la sacaron de la escuela y era una maestra increible como hay pocas amaba su profesión y muy especial con los niños ahora los niños estan como una barco a la deriva cuando falta menos de un mes para el fsa,y tres meses para que la escuela terminé,me parece que la escuela cometió un gran error porque los únicos afectados van a ser los alumnos que van a tener que adaptarse a todo lo nuevo que viene,en dios tengo fe que esta situación no afecte tanto a mi hija pues ella adoraba a su maestra y espero que la escuela deje de cometer tantos errores como hace.

Posted July 16, 2015
My son loves Waterstone. He's in the discovery program, and is learning on a 3rd grade level although hes in 2nd. He like any other child, would prefer to be playing games at recess then learning. he's not crazy about his teachers but they send me emails directly when something is not right, or if he is misbehaving, etc. What more do you want from a teacher? he has good grades because they do these things. Take them to any of these public schools here in Homestead, and see what happens when your child decides they rather talk then finish their work. You wont get an email, believe me my oldest went to public school and its public school. Just the same my kids class has a lot of students, so they have 2 teachers. I have to take some time and read at home, and do work with him. When he is having trouble i need to help him at home. that is the same with any public school so parents that think this school should be their teacher and parent too, are in for a rude awakening. Wake up people. There is no school anywhere like when you were in school. Stop being lazy parent and help your child succeed

Posted May 27, 2015
I took my child out of a different charter school in Homestead and put them in Waterstone. People complaining about dropoff and pickup? Get there before the bell rings and there are no problems. Parents are lazy. How about the teachers, the programs, the extra curricular activities?? I hear no complaints about these things because they are great and the kids enjoy it. I'd rather hear lazy people complain about having to wait a long time to pick up their kids, than to hear educated people complain about their children not being taught well, not having an outlet for creativity, and not being able to excel in school. Good luck finding something better in Homestead!

The Charter School At Waterstone 3

Posted May 30, 2014
My daughter has been at Waterstone for about 4 year's already. She started off great but once she hit 3rd grade I saw a drastic change in her grades in her self esteem. She hated going to school. I don't see that the teacher's really help the kids at the child's current level. Know she is in 4th grade and at risk of Failing because she not getting the attention she needs in school. She is always worried of failing. I do see her Math teacher has gone above and beyond to really help her. I'm so greatfull for her! But her reading teacher I don't feeling like she is really helping my child. I hope and pray my child starts to love school again. Teachers need to really give these kids come confidence and guidance. I know the potential my child has and I don't see it in her gradess. I will be withdrawing my child this year. Super disappointed!!

Posted April 20, 2014
My son has attended this school for 2 years. He is currently in third grade. His teachers throughout the years have been wonderful, caring, and extremely professional. My son enjoys all the special area classes and extra curricular activities as well. His teachers are very quick to respond to my emails and notes that I write in his agenda. Anytime I have requested a conference with them they schedule me in promptly. I also feel that they have prepared him for the FCAT very well. His teachers have taught higher grade levels previously and they use good critical thinking skills with the classwork that I have seen. I feel that my son will be entering 4th grade well prepared. His teachers also work well. My son tells me that they help him when he has a hard time understanding something. I am glad he feels comfortable and happy. The traffic is an issue at times but the school is doing the best they can. I really believe that is a non-issue. The teachers are outside with smiles on their faces in the hot weather. It breaks my heart. It annoys me that parents complain about that. I have no complaints about the school. I recommend it to anyone moving to Homestead.

Posted April 12, 2014
Check out this school on Facebook. You will be able to see for yourself how amazing this school is!

The Charter School At Waterstone 1

Posted April 12, 2014
Terrible school only about how to make them selves look good but unless you have been in the school no one knows how terrible it is. Administration is the worse and the principal is only about her self. As far as parents not being involved as the one said I am on the board of the PTA and I can still say this school is not up to standards and always looking for a handout. You know the school has a bug problem when your son says he is the bug killer this week. So sad a lot if potential but need to remove most of the administration. I feel this school will be a B school in no time just as it scored last year lucky for then they get a one yr grace period. No communication with parents as u can not walk past the desk and the only was to talk to teachers is by email when they do respond. Not able to do lunch with your child so sad the keep the parents out but want the money from us.

Posted March 24, 2014
As a 5th year teacher in this school, I am appalled by how inaccurate some of these reviews are. Yes, traffic is pretty terrible, but this can happen in any school. Does any other school provide FREE sibling care so that parents of children with more the one dismissal do not have to return multiple times for pick up nor pay for aftercare? Let's be a little more appreciative of these teachers who stay and watch your child after school hours as a courtesy to you. As far as the "bug" situation in the bathroom, please note that all the bathrooms are directly next to two doors leading to the outside world, where bugs roam free, as they should. If these little critters happen to sneak into the building, there's really not much we can do. Also, it is Homestead. We can all agree that there are bugs everywhere! Just to clarify something that might be a little confusing, as with any other public school, unfortunately teachers are not provided with all the materials necessary for a functioning classroom, unless paid for out of pocket. One of the things I love most about working in this school is the constant communication and cooperation between me and my parents. It's a blessing.

The Charter School At Waterstone
855 Waterstone Way, Homestead, FL  33033-5941
Last modified The Charter School At Waterstone is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.