Homestead, FL

Goulds Elementary School 5

Posted July 25, 2014
I transferred my son to Goulds Elementary last year. I must say, he loved his teachers. The Primcipal is easy to talk to. The teachers are hands on and fair. If you do your part as a parent, they will do their part as Teachers. No complaints looking forward to the 2014/2015 school year. My son also pass the FCAT.

Goulds Elementary School 4

Posted August 16, 2013
I am pleased with this school, and some of the teachers are very involved and concerned with their students learning.

Posted November 19, 2011
Be very sure to monitor your child while attending this school to ensure that he or she doesn't become the victim of bullying while under the supervision of the lazy teachers in this school as my child did. Although my child made several complaints and reported the bullying incidents to the proper school personnel, nothing was done to ensure her safety. The principal refused to follow up on the complaints and made excuse after excuse to cover up what was going on. I had to make a police report and make contact with the board regarding the issues in order for something to be done!

Posted August 22, 2011
I agree with you a hundred percent (Parent who posted on 8/21). I moved to Florida from NY and unfortunately, Goulds Elementary was the school my daughter had to go to at the time. My child had such a hard time with the students and the teachers and in turn she made poor behavioral decisions. The principal at the time was a waste. She has no business being a principal. Her first decision was always to suspend. What kid in their right mind wouldn't love being out of school for a week? Duh?!, that doesn't work. When I tried working with the teachers, particularly the 2nd grade teacher, it was to no avail. I sought outside counseling and the therapist wanted to speak with the 2nd grade teacher and she said no. She claimed everything was fine, but in fact it was not. Poor teacher training and poor administration. Miami schools need to do better for their kids. I ended up moving back to NY and my daughter now is a happy, honor roll student with a happy parent.

Goulds Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2010
So its probably way too early to start, but I guess I could give my review for how its been for us thus far.... I just took part of the Kindergarten Orientation, and besides the late notification for the Orientation, I am impressed with the staff and the school.... Very clean, seemed organized, and I look forward to the kind of education they will have to offer my son. I am very content to not have passed judgment as did most because of the school's location and went ahead and registered my son in the school he was supposed to go to... Turns out they went from a "D" school to an "A" school! Which is great considering they have only been open for what will be their fourth year.... (if that!)... Way To Go Discoverers!

Posted June 03, 2010
First and last year in this school, the principal and assistant principal were unfairly, unprofessional and rude. So bad that i withdraw my son a few days before the school year end. May have a few good teacher but the one I had was TERRIBLE

Goulds Elementary School 5

Posted April 28, 2010
It is a 3 year old school with a dedicated staff. The office staff is very hard-working and the administration is the best!

Posted August 09, 2009
My daughter attended this school for 2 years, I'm happy to say that she had some wonderful teachers. Her first grade teacher Mrs. Hill always went above for her students. She always kept us parents informed on how our kids were doing. There hasn't been a time my daughter didn't come home with homework. I am truly Blessed and happy to have had her as my daughter's teacher. Now for the students they are terrible! The students are the ones that brings the school down. Mrs. Coffey the school adminstrator is bad, she's a waste of space. She does nothing, but make excuses for the students that needs to be suspended. The students there are the ones that's runing the Main Office.

Posted October 17, 2008
One of the worst schools ever. My child begs me almost everyday not to take her to this school. My daughter loved school before she came here. I am working on transferring her, hopefully sooner rather than later. The kids are always fighting and all the principal does is suspend everybody. Prevention is the key to fixing the problems at this school, not suspension. This school needs a stronger leader and stronger teachers to run it. The only ones that suffer are the kids.

Posted April 24, 2008
If this is your zone school, move! and fast! This school is going to become a failing school fast! I agree with the other parent. The principal seems disinterested and the students seem to be running the school. No leadership whatsoever.

Goulds Elementary School
23555 Southwest 112th Avenue, Homestead, FL  33032
Last modified Goulds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goulds Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top