653 students|Dade

Bad
Good

This is the WORST school ever!!!! We moved from Georgia and my daughter had to come to come to this school and this school is worse than the school she was attending in Georgia. The Principal is never available when you need to discuss problems concerning your child. The teachers don't update you daily so that you can see what your child is doing, at least at my daughter's last school I can say that the staff showed that they cared about the children's future and they contact you whenever there is a concern. These people at this school don't care anything about your child. If your child has a problem, they rather ignore the issue rather than trying to sit with the parents to find a solution. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL THIS SCHOOL YEAR IS OVER!!!!! I will be taking my child somewhere that I know the teachers and administration cares about the child!

Not sure if I should send my son to this School. He has HDD i am super nervous about it. Any feedback on this school ????

My son attended Goulds for 3 years. Great school most teachers are caring and loving. A few should be educated on ADHD. My son would get penalized for things that are caused by his condition and when tried to talk these teachers it was unbelievable that someone in the field was so ignorant about the subject. But I just make sure I was there for my son. Would love to see the PTA up and running to get more parents involved. For experience I know that is very helpful for the child's success. Mr. Garcia is a great Principal, Ms. Reid, took me some time to warm up to, but she is a good Assistant Principal, counselor is very sweet and helpful. When my son graduated he was able to pick which middle school to go to due to his grades and test scores. Wonderful team!!!

I transferred my son to Goulds Elementary last year. I must say, he loved his teachers. The Primcipal is easy to talk to. The teachers are hands on and fair. If you do your part as a parent, they will do their part as Teachers. No complaints looking forward to the 2014/2015 school year. My son also pass the FCAT.

I am pleased with this school, and some of the teachers are very involved and concerned with their students learning.

Be very sure to monitor your child while attending this school to ensure that he or she doesn't become the victim of bullying while under the supervision of the lazy teachers in this school as my child did. Although my child made several complaints and reported the bullying incidents to the proper school personnel, nothing was done to ensure her safety. The principal refused to follow up on the complaints and made excuse after excuse to cover up what was going on. I had to make a police report and make contact with the board regarding the issues in order for something to be done!

I agree with you a hundred percent (Parent who posted on 8/21). I moved to Florida from NY and unfortunately, Goulds Elementary was the school my daughter had to go to at the time. My child had such a hard time with the students and the teachers and in turn she made poor behavioral decisions. The principal at the time was a waste. She has no business being a principal. Her first decision was always to suspend. What kid in their right mind wouldn't love being out of school for a week? Duh?!, that doesn't work. When I tried working with the teachers, particularly the 2nd grade teacher, it was to no avail. I sought outside counseling and the therapist wanted to speak with the 2nd grade teacher and she said no. She claimed everything was fine, but in fact it was not. Poor teacher training and poor administration. Miami schools need to do better for their kids. I ended up moving back to NY and my daughter now is a happy, honor roll student with a happy parent.

So its probably way too early to start, but I guess I could give my review for how its been for us thus far.... I just took part of the Kindergarten Orientation, and besides the late notification for the Orientation, I am impressed with the staff and the school.... Very clean, seemed organized, and I look forward to the kind of education they will have to offer my son. I am very content to not have passed judgment as did most because of the school's location and went ahead and registered my son in the school he was supposed to go to... Turns out they went from a "D" school to an "A" school! Which is great considering they have only been open for what will be their fourth year.... (if that!)... Way To Go Discoverers!

First and last year in this school, the principal and assistant principal were unfairly, unprofessional and rude. So bad that i withdraw my son a few days before the school year end. May have a few good teacher but the one I had was TERRIBLE

It is a 3 year old school with a dedicated staff. The office staff is very hard-working and the administration is the best!

Last modified Goulds Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.