617 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

This review is for the elementary school. I have not had any experience at the middle. I am so happy we found this school. My children love it! So far teachers have been great, encouraging and communicative. The load of homework is acceptable, if your kids are used to doing their homework every day it should be fine. Teachers also go over homework in class which lots of schools simply don't do. They truly prioritize grades and academic performance above all. This school is a hidden gem! I cannot comment about middle teachers because i don't know them, however there are several amazing elementary teachers!

Amount of homework: Disagree

Is ridiculous this is a school ;no is post doctoral program; the kids always be stressed for the extra amount of homework; the kids needs a life too.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teachers honestly don't care about the students, they say it and they show it too. Terrible school. My teacher once told my class several times that we were going to fail the state test. I feel like the teachers don't help in reaching my full potential. I had better grades and teachers in regular public school. Think twice before coming here.

I go to Somerset Silver Palms and my teachers have favoritism and they're very rude. My math teacher actually told my class several times that we were going to fail the state test. They charge you for everything (don't come to this school unless you make 100 grand or more).

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

My teacher tried to get an innocent child suspended for looking at a picture found on a google search. Another incident is my old math teacher told my class that we were going to fail the state test several times in class.

Amount of homework: Disagree

I spend so much time at home stressing and doing my homework. I don't even do sports, imagine what those poor athletes and what they go though. I spend at least 5 hours a day doing homework every day.

In Spanish now, La escuela es muy buena. pero el personal es un poco anti profesional. Les hace falta tener mas contacto con los padres, en especial el grupo de After School...Son muy groseras. Gracias, espero q les sirva de ayyda.

Best Charter in town! Love the rules! Love the disipline and the way how the staff support all kind of krasy parents, lol... My kids and my housband love everything in there too. Nice activities and nice advanced classes.

WORST SCHOOL EVER ! Not recommended for high school. No scholorships and the electives suck. Don't come here for high school. The rules are super ridiculous, as in you get in trouble for everything. Teachers expect respect from students when they disrespect them themselves. Few teachers are great. Most of the staff is rude, don't know what their doing, and they lie a lot. I'm very disappointed in Somerset. They were so great when they started a few years ago and now things are going down hill.

I have a senior at the school. The new counselor, Ms. Zucker, is amazing. She has done more to help my child in four months than the previous counselor did in 2 years. She doesn't speak Spanish but who cares. I hope she doesn't leave-she is amazing. Stop knocking this school. It is much better than the public schools in the area.

Last modified Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.