Public charter
Homestead, FL

Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) 3

Posted June 02, 2014
In Spanish now, La escuela es muy buena. pero el personal es un poco anti profesional. Les hace falta tener mas contacto con los padres, en especial el grupo de After School...Son muy groseras. Gracias, espero q les sirva de ayyda.

Posted August 22, 2013
Best Charter in town! Love the rules! Love the disipline and the way how the staff support all kind of krasy parents, lol... My kids and my housband love everything in there too. Nice activities and nice advanced classes.

Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) 1

Posted August 21, 2013
WORST SCHOOL EVER ! Not recommended for high school. No scholorships and the electives suck. Don't come here for high school. The rules are super ridiculous, as in you get in trouble for everything. Teachers expect respect from students when they disrespect them themselves. Few teachers are great. Most of the staff is rude, don't know what their doing, and they lie a lot. I'm very disappointed in Somerset. They were so great when they started a few years ago and now things are going down hill.

Posted January 14, 2013
I have a senior at the school. The new counselor, Ms. Zucker, is amazing. She has done more to help my child in four months than the previous counselor did in 2 years. She doesn't speak Spanish but who cares. I hope she doesn't leave-she is amazing. Stop knocking this school. It is much better than the public schools in the area.

Posted September 09, 2012
My husband and I are very happy with the school. My kids are happier! Parking in the morning is good as well in the afternoon better than other schools. They update their website very often which I love that. Teachers are very caring and organize. After school care my kids like it a lot! I don't understand the bad comments that parents made of the school before. The school is very secure. Something I believe they should have is a gym or an auditorium. I see the school getting better every year.

Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) 4

Posted August 28, 2012
My child is new at this school. The people leading the school are amazing. The Principal is so caring and so Is the new young counselor, Mrs. Zuckerman. My daughter was upset the first day and the counselor calmed her down and made her feel so Much better. I'm so happy I found a school that cares.

Posted April 10, 2012
Great school amazing teachers... Read previous reviews and disagree parents complain about a change in administration and new rules... All the rules are for the better... We need to teach children take account for their actions and the new policies do that. Having to get off the car to sign a student in because they are tardy happens in every school, and I promise the first time it happened was the last... My son made sure to set his alarm earlier to avoid the embarrassment.. Job well done.. So glad to see positive change

Posted April 10, 2012

Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) 1

Posted February 16, 2012
I am disappointed with this school they changed the administration and not much improvement. I call the school and people never seem to have any information and cant communicate with you in english. They have a lot of ridiculous rules and dont worry about the most important thing which is education. The middle and high schools students dont have motivation. All they do is ask for money for everything. And speaking to an administrator is like asking to speak to the president of the United States. Think twice about removing your student from a public school to this they dont have the Gifted program.This school leaves a lot to be desired. The Elementary is amazing runs smoothly great administrator and amazing teachers.

Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) 3

Posted January 04, 2012
This is the 4th year of my daughter in this school. the first two years were great!! Everything started to go down the last two years: crowded classrooms, screaming teachers, of course behavioral problems as a consequence and very poor communication with the teachers. Now this year with the new elementary school building and the EXTREME DISORGANIZATION, especially during drop off, is bordering the absurd. Everyday I have to literally exercise my patience with staff who don't reinforce their own rules, parents who are very rude and at the end I don't know if its even worthy...honestly the school is not such a great school for my daughter or me to bear this stress every morning. The new building has MAJOR parking issues, they don't accommodate the parents and students who are ultimately the reason why the school is functioning. Please, look for a better solution in regards to the above mentioned problem, otherwise you'll see the enrollment numbers dropping dramatically...there are other very good and better planned schools around the area.

Somerset Academy (Silver Palms)
23255 Southwest 115th Avenue, Homestead, FL  33032
Last modified Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top