617 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Student

Posted June 03, 2016
everyone in somerset for putting up with all of these dumb teachers and these dumb rules.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted December 11, 2015
Is ridiculous this is a school ;no is post doctoral program; the kids always be stressed for the extra amount of homework; the kids needs a life too.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted October 16, 2015
Teachers honestly don't care about the students, they say it and they show it too. Terrible school. My teacher once told my class several times that we were going to fail the state test. I feel like the teachers don't help in reaching my full potential. I had better grades and teachers in regular public school. Think twice before coming here.

Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) 1

Posted October 16, 2015
I go to Somerset Silver Palms and my teachers have favoritism and they're very rude. My math teacher actually told my class several times that we were going to fail the state test. They charge you for everything (don't come to this school unless you make 100 grand or more).

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted October 15, 2015
Mrs. Axon-Hall is such a great teacher and she has so many degrees and such a great education and somerset degrades her to teaching an elective. Shes the best teacher I've ever had and she helped me strive to become a great student. I got very good grades in her class and I got a 5 on the state because of her.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted October 15, 2015
My teacher tried to get an innocent child suspended for looking at a picture found on a google search. Another incident is my old math teacher told my class that we were going to fail the state test several times in class.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted October 15, 2015
I spend so much time at home stressing and doing my homework. I don't even do sports, imagine what those poor athletes and what they go though. I spend at least 5 hours a day doing homework every day.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted October 15, 2015
The teachers actually discourage me to do anything. I feel like they're holding me back from my education and what I can really do. I feel like I can get better grades and succeed in life if i had better teachers.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted October 15, 2015
My math teacher told my class repetitive that we were going to fail the state test. The security guards make fun of students (once one of them called a student a faggot) and the principals don't care about anything but money.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted October 15, 2015
The school charges us for everything (unless you make over 100 grand a year don't come here) they make you pay for everything. The school adds unnecessary fees to things that public school covers.

23255 Southwest 115th Avenue, Homestead, FL  33032
Last modified Somerset Academy (Silver Palms) is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.