1,120 students|Dade

Bad
Good

I am concern about SDM my child will enter 4grade 2011-2012. I understand every school has good and bad, but are the teacher interested in teaching at this school and how is the kids regrading to fights and bulling I hear alot of bad things about SDM, my child is an honor roll student as a parent a postive learning enviroment is imporant.

My child is an Honor Roll student at SDM and will be exposed to violence where ever he may be. Yes, it is every where, but you must teach your child to walk a different path. Let them know that even though it's out there, it does not mean they have to follow that road. It is very importatnt for a parent to be involved in their child's life even if it means spending night after night going over any issues they have in or out of school. If your child does not like school it may very well be the child and not the school. Why do we feel the need to always focus on the bad and not the good of the schools? You must let your child know that school is very an important part of their future. FYI the teachers and staff are doing an excellent job.

I think this is one of best schools in the county.Gangs are every where. I'm there everyday transporting my child.The Principal and teachers are always there to assist you when needed. I see so much Good , I don't have time to look for the bad. My child loves this school and the staff.

Looks like previous comments were written by the same parent.. My son is in the 8th grade at SDM and I must disagree completely with them both. I think that the leadership principles my son is being exposed to will stay with him throughout his life, and if there was a problem with bullying it's been nipped in the bud. My son is flourishing there, his teachers are very concerned about safety of their students. Unfortunately, gangs and violent students are a reality that teachers have to wade through every day (without hazard pay, mind you) and our teachers have trouble teaching because some parents are unable, for a myriad of reasons that may not even be their fault, to pay enough attention to their kids. We live in difficult times. If you have not already, you may do well to join the PTSA and support the school for positive change.

I have a son in the 5th grade at SDM and he dislikes it very much. The school is too involved in its leadership program & 7 steps that it is ignoring the real problems...gangs, violent students, ignorant teachers just to name a few.

My son attends south dade middle and dislikes it very much. He is in 4th grade and is surrounded with other students who want to fight, curse, bully, and teachers who ignore sveral situations.

Last modified South Dade Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 4-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.