Fivay High School 3

Posted June 02, 2013
I am a parent of a student who does very well academically. I am also a step-parent of 2 children who did NOT do so well but that was THEIR CHOICE!! Although I hear pros and cons from my child regarding FIVAY, I have had NOTHING but GREAT communication between myself, the teachers, and the Administrators. Whenever I fell their is something that needs to be discussed, or addressed, I hear back from the administrators or teachers right away UNLESS the teacher or administrator was not there that day, I always hear back the following day. I am slightly concerned about the "self control" some teachers have but other than that, FIVAY isn't as bad as it is made out to be! ALL schools have issues some more known than others but they ALL have fault.

Posted June 02, 2013
I am a parent and the point that you had the graduation at Tampa at USF was bull with the drive and traffic to get in there it is like a line of here get your paper and be gone who chose for the kids to go there? i feel it will not be personal you rob the parents of a good grad, i hear a lot of bad words about the new school from people i dont even know. it was a bad decision to have it in Tampa was so bull--- i am just glad my kid is done. you have made to whole experience of having your only child leave school much the poorer.i hope the next year you treat the parents better.

Fivay High School 4

Posted April 18, 2013
Being a student who goes to Fivay, I can't relate to the parents who believe what they do about the school. I can't say that my child is being disrespected by teachers or isn't getting the support that they need from the staff, but I can say that I believe that there is a dividing line between the academic level of students in relation to attention. I am a student who takes higher level courses and i do think, naturally, the staff praises those students by giving them more attention. One may think differently, but the faculty is not as bad as many want to make them out to be. The blame for students' less than adequate academic results should be placed mostly on themselves. Those students are responsible for Fivay's news appearances. It might just be me, but it's not difficult to come to school for the entire day, be alert in class, finish assignments, and BEHAVE. it's not that hard to stay out of trouble, and when this irrational behavior is confronted, then everyone points the finger at administration. To be honest, our faculty is filled with young, low-experienced teachers, but they aren't going to react to something without being provoked or just basically following protocol.

Posted March 14, 2013
We have three children and Fivay is the worst school that we have ever been part of. The staff and teachers will not return your phone calls. Our child has asked for help several times and gotten no where. The school is very nice and new but is not run very well at all. hope some changes will be made soon for all the students sake.

Posted December 01, 2012
As a parent I am in such disgrace with Fivay High. I can't believe you guys DON'T keep parents involved in anything. No one returns calls. They are very pushy to get these kids to quit and take their GED. They have been doing this to my son since last year and I also know 2 kids that they have done it to this year and did leave to do GED. A staff member has belittled my son this year by calling him out in front of students and a teacher by saying, So, When are you going to graduate, You can't go to school till your 25. For 1 my son is not a quitter and is trying his hardest to graduate. Also the a teacher's substitute called me last year to get me to get my son to quit and now yesterday that same substitute is being pushy about him going to Marchman to get GED when he is unsure what to do right now and now you guys have pushed him to possibly leaving. A Staff member has given my son detention for leaving property to go get lunch which I know he shouldn't of left but when my son goes to him look that person left and came back with food which the Staff member seen this kid leave along with my son seeing it and he did nothing about it and my son said wow. Submitted by a parent

Posted November 23, 2012
I'm a student here and I will be completely honest. The school looks nice , yeah , but the teachers are terrible . It's so difficult to find a teacher who cares , I have maybe one out of the 6 I deal with . And not many kids talk to the guidance counselers about issues . The teachers are no good , I can't stand it here . So many people I know are transferring to Hudson , I'm going there too. And you can say whatever you like , but the teachers are Hudson were always nice to me and helped me through the darkest points in my life.

Fivay High School 2

Posted July 20, 2012
Im a parent and my son has been in the school from bayonet point for 2 years in the 9th grade and will be for the 3rd year .....Not one teacher or guidence counselour has called me back to discuss what we can do to help him. they spend most of the day with my son and have no idea how it has affected my son . Let me also state my son is not a behaiver problem just needs someone to care and if he along with others would get the motivation from the teachers when they do a good job he/they would be more productive and respond better ....Im convinced if more teachers cared for there future and gave them hope they would work better ...........Its like parenting, and you cant give up on them. If they are not an honor student or working to accomplish a college degree they are not worth the time to help them achieve higher standards those teacher know who you are and should be ashamed of your selves..

Fivay High School 5

Posted May 14, 2012
The previous post that states that "I work at Fivay High and it's a great school".... I need to correct something. It states that it was submitted by a teacher. I am NOT a teacher, I'm a Secretary. I just wanted to set the record straight. BTW....Fivay isn't perfect, but no school is. ------Submitted by a STAFF MEMBER.....NOT A TEACHER!!! :D

Fivay High School 3

Posted March 16, 2012
although the children are more social, they have little respect for their teachers and thier language. i dont feel alot of them care about thier future although i hear alot about the teachers talking to the students about thier students. the teachers are leniant and try. fighting does accure often and there are pregnancies but that has nothing to do with the school!

Fivay High School
12115 Chicago Avenue, Hudson, FL  34669
Last modified Fivay High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fivay High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top