1,320 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The administration has repeatedly shown to act in the best interest of the students. The number of alternative programs, diploma options and quality student/family support is remarkable. Parents are highly encouraged to positively participate and engage in their students' academics. Like most schools in the country, Fivay could benefit from additional extracurricular and course offering options, such as; technology, arts, music and science. It's sports programs could also use added funding and more sport specific focused appropriate staffing. However, in the grand scheme the primary Fivay focus is on the whole-student and academics.

I AGREE with the reviews on this school..I have seen belittling, profiling, sarcasm and almost bullying from teachers, with the kids that might need more help...there is total lack of respect for the kids, and there for lack of respect for the teacher..I am appalled at some of the teachers, that they are allowed to help "shape" a child future. morale is not good. I find is hard to believe that no one has sued the school Board, for treatment of their child....

I went to this school for the past 2 years. I've moved a lot, and have been to many different schools. But this school, is the absolute worst school I have ever been to in my entire life. Basically, the entire school is disrespectful, including the terrible, TERRIBLE staff. It is just despicable. Every morning when I woke up, I was instantly depressed because I knew I had to attend Fivay High School. Here's the thing. Parents DO NOT know how to raise their children in Hudson, Florida. When 3/4 of the students are extremely disrespectful. Numerous fights break out every single day. The teachers don't care, they just have a job there because they get paid in the summer, they've told us this themselves. Going to this school for 2 years was the absolute worst thing I have ever done. And I am just so happy that I moved away from Hudson, because even driving past FHS made me physically sick. There is nothing good about Fivay High School, and there will never be.

I am a parent of a student who does very well academically. I am also a step-parent of 2 children who did NOT do so well but that was THEIR CHOICE!! Although I hear pros and cons from my child regarding FIVAY, I have had NOTHING but GREAT communication between myself, the teachers, and the Administrators. Whenever I fell their is something that needs to be discussed, or addressed, I hear back from the administrators or teachers right away UNLESS the teacher or administrator was not there that day, I always hear back the following day. I am slightly concerned about the "self control" some teachers have but other than that, FIVAY isn't as bad as it is made out to be! ALL schools have issues some more known than others but they ALL have fault.

I am a parent and the point that you had the graduation at Tampa at USF was bull with the drive and traffic to get in there it is like a line of here get your paper and be gone who chose for the kids to go there? i feel it will not be personal you rob the parents of a good grad, i hear a lot of bad words about the new school from people i dont even know. it was a bad decision to have it in Tampa was so bull--- i am just glad my kid is done. you have made to whole experience of having your only child leave school much the poorer.i hope the next year you treat the parents better.

Being a student who goes to Fivay, I can't relate to the parents who believe what they do about the school. I can't say that my child is being disrespected by teachers or isn't getting the support that they need from the staff, but I can say that I believe that there is a dividing line between the academic level of students in relation to attention. I am a student who takes higher level courses and i do think, naturally, the staff praises those students by giving them more attention. One may think differently, but the faculty is not as bad as many want to make them out to be. The blame for students' less than adequate academic results should be placed mostly on themselves. Those students are responsible for Fivay's news appearances. It might just be me, but it's not difficult to come to school for the entire day, be alert in class, finish assignments, and BEHAVE. it's not that hard to stay out of trouble, and when this irrational behavior is confronted, then everyone points the finger at administration. To be honest, our faculty is filled with young, low-experienced teachers, but they aren't going to react to something without being provoked or just basically following protocol.

We have three children and Fivay is the worst school that we have ever been part of. The staff and teachers will not return your phone calls. Our child has asked for help several times and gotten no where. The school is very nice and new but is not run very well at all. hope some changes will be made soon for all the students sake.

As a parent I am in such disgrace with Fivay High. I can't believe you guys DON'T keep parents involved in anything. No one returns calls. They are very pushy to get these kids to quit and take their GED. They have been doing this to my son since last year and I also know 2 kids that they have done it to this year and did leave to do GED. A staff member has belittled my son this year by calling him out in front of students and a teacher by saying, So, When are you going to graduate, You can't go to school till your 25. For 1 my son is not a quitter and is trying his hardest to graduate. Also the a teacher's substitute called me last year to get me to get my son to quit and now yesterday that same substitute is being pushy about him going to Marchman to get GED when he is unsure what to do right now and now you guys have pushed him to possibly leaving. A Staff member has given my son detention for leaving property to go get lunch which I know he shouldn't of left but when my son goes to him look that person left and came back with food which the Staff member seen this kid leave along with my son seeing it and he did nothing about it and my son said wow. Submitted by a parent

I'm a student here and I will be completely honest. The school looks nice , yeah , but the teachers are terrible . It's so difficult to find a teacher who cares , I have maybe one out of the 6 I deal with . And not many kids talk to the guidance counselers about issues . The teachers are no good , I can't stand it here . So many people I know are transferring to Hudson , I'm going there too. And you can say whatever you like , but the teachers are Hudson were always nice to me and helped me through the darkest points in my life.

Im a parent and my son has been in the school from bayonet point for 2 years in the 9th grade and will be for the 3rd year .....Not one teacher or guidence counselour has called me back to discuss what we can do to help him. they spend most of the day with my son and have no idea how it has affected my son . Let me also state my son is not a behaiver problem just needs someone to care and if he along with others would get the motivation from the teachers when they do a good job he/they would be more productive and respond better ....Im convinced if more teachers cared for there future and gave them hope they would work better ...........Its like parenting, and you cant give up on them. If they are not an honor student or working to accomplish a college degree they are not worth the time to help them achieve higher standards those teacher know who you are and should be ashamed of your selves..

Last modified Fivay High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.