604 students|Pasco

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I can only rate one teacher, but I think she would be better suited to teach high school, not kindergarten.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

My daughter is in kindergarten, which is now a full school day, like any other grade. From my understanding, it's supposed to help prepare them for first grade, etc. However, once in a blue moon my daughter has homework. I know other parents in different school districts, and their kindergartners have homework every night. I have no idea what my daughter does at school, and neither does she. When we move to a better school district, I have concerns that she will be behind.

For the safety of our children, I want all parents to be aware of the negligent actions of Hudson Elementary, and the poor procedures that resulted in my 5 year old daughter being allowed to get on the wrong school bus. Thank God my daughter is okay, but the fact that she could've gotten off the bus in an unfamiliar neighborhood, put her in danger of being lost, abducted, or hit by a car. Hudson Elementary did not contact us until 3:30 p.m. on 12/20/2016 to notify us that our daughter was brought back to school on the wrong bus. I don't believe they were aware she was on the wrong bus. Meanwhile, I was waiting at the bus stop, where her bus driver said she wasn't on the bus. The bus driver did notify the school before departing, that my daughter was not there. The bus driver did her job, and I feel very confident that my daughter is safe on her bus, but the school itself was clueless. After multiple calls to Hudson Elementary, I have learned how this incident occurred, and it's terrifying, because it boils down to pure negligence, and poor procedures. I discovered that Hudson Elementary puts substitute teachers in charge of ensuring our precious children get on the correct bus, which defies common sense. Actual teachers, should be in charge of ensuring kids are on the right bus. I also learned that if a child is not the on the bus, the bus driver doesn't know why, which is a serious gap in communication. I explained to Hudson Elementary that if a child is not on the school bus, when they otherwise should be, the bus driver needs to know why, so the situation can be addressed immediately. No buses should leave school grounds until each and every child is accounted for. This was a terrifying experience. I now worry about the safety of my my daughter, and all of the kids at Hudson Elementary who are at the mercy of the staff that are supposed to be watching over them. Despite my best efforts, Todd Cluff has not made any effort to return my calls to discuss a solution to this matter. The staff I have spoken with at Hudson Elementary, although apologetic, seem to have no interest in taking action to implement better policies and procedures to keep our kids safe. I'm very frustrated, disappointed, and concerned.

Thank you for a great job,and the help and the support you have given me with the 2 boys

Absolutely had a great time going to school there in my youth...learned about the basics of schooling and how to socially interact well with others...great teaching staff!!!!

My Daughters school is one of the best she is only a week into the school year and is already showing so much progress Thanks Hudson Elementary

This school is great!!!! My son has been going there for two years and loves it. He has improved on all levels! My youngest son starts kindergarden soon and I cant wait to see how well he does. Thank you Hudson Elem for great staff and fun environment for my boys! The after school place program is great also fun and safe!

I have 2 children prenstly going to hes i whould say that mrs. Beats and mrs rehm are far most wonderl best teachers i have ever met. The only proplem i have about this school is they do not challenge my dauther as much as they use to at her old scholl saftey harber elementery.

I'm not happy with this school they promote bad behavior from other children and my child is not happy at this elementary school.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I would never send my children to any other school. I have 4 children ages 20 to 9, and they all have went to this school. The teachers my kids have had were all wonderful! Dawn Finnerman you r the best we love you! Mrs.Ross you are one of the best teachers I could have ever asked for, my kids all loved you very much. Mrs.Adams/Gordie/Zelienski/& Webb u guys r great!And there has been several others threw the years.I appreciate everything u have done for my kids.My girls are all A-B Honor Roll at HMS & have adjusted very well. My son is doing awesome and above average.The PTA is awesome 2.. Anna & the office staff R great.( u guys know who u r). As you know this is the last year for us. So thank you. K DEWITT

Last modified Hudson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.