Hudson, FL

Posted February 17, 2010
This is such a wonderful school. All the teachers and staff are so helpful and kind to the students and parents. I volunteer alot and see how the school handles differant situations and I am so pleased with everything. My son is a Kindergartener and loves going to school. Northwest Elementary is a great school.

Northwest Elementary School 0

Posted November 09, 2007
My youngest son was in the VE pre-k class at NWES..I was very happy with the progress he was making and the concern for my son since he was not excelling this year due to the classroom he was in this year, they did all they could to find the right program for him to excel and he was moved to MLE he is doing great there as well. I am very happy with the progress. My other son is also doing good in this school....I give it all 5's.

Northwest Elementary School 4

Posted November 05, 2005
- a staff

Posted September 04, 2005
The principal and staff at this school are wonderful. I was 100% pleased with the education that my children received here.

Northwest Elementary School 2

Posted April 11, 2005
I am new to the Hudson area, and I have been very disappointed with the school system here. There seems to be a lack of parental involvement, and the school seems to be at the root of the problem. The academic quality is getting better from what I hear, but has a long way to go before I would say it's good even.

Northwest Elementary School 1

Posted July 05, 2004
This school does not allow parents to volunteer in their child's classrooms, I had never heard of such a thing! Take your children somewhere else. My child was miserable here and I feel as though we lost a year. The children get attention by being bad and not being rewarded for good behavior. Parents are not welcome here.

Northwest Elementary School 3

Posted January 30, 2004
Our son has gone to NWES for three years. The teachers he has,and had are all great teachers. The staff is very helpful and the school is a progressive school trying out many new exciting things. The only downside of the school is that it has a PTO instead of the PTA.The principal is a very straight forward, wonderful lady, but she likes to control all aspects of the school,and that is why the PTO is not a great idea. The parents are not involved because they are not allowed to partner with the school in a creative way. With a PTA the parents and staff would have a set program of sharing responsibility and rules, and while there are dues to the national PTA to be paid, the likely involvement of parents who feel they are allowed to make choices and suggestions would be a positive change for the school. The school itself does run great however because of the i's being dotted and the t's crossed by the principal so maybe there is room for communication to help more parents be involved. There is always room for growth and NWES is a great school still growing and learning.

Posted August 25, 2003
My child has been in N.W.E.S for 4 years, I could not have picked a better school for her...They are very up to date,Always have time for any questions,our problems you may have. My girl has had 3 different teachers,and are all wonderful people

Northwest Elementary School
14302 Cobra Way, Hudson, FL  34669
Last modified Northwest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwest Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top