564 students|Brevard

Bad
Good

The teachers are ok but I feel a lot of favoritism. Some teachers there seem unqualified and some seem VERY qualified. People think that since it is a beachside school they have a lot of money and the kids are angels. The school is not as nice as any school I've been to and the kids are just as bad as any other school.

My son attended Hoover . Our experience was extremely positive. The staff was more than caring and the office extremely efficent and orgnaized. He always felt safe and excelled quite well. He is an above averge student . The area surrounding Hoover tends to draw from decent neighborhoods and most children are well mannered and well behaved.

My youngest child is now a student at HMS; there is a 10 year difference in age from my oldest to the youngest. Teachers and administrators at Hoover have of course changed over ten years, but the overall quality of instruction and professionalism at the school have remained excellent. I like the small-school atmosphere, the range of extra-curricular activities and especially the outstanding music program. My older children were both happy there. I found that any academic difficulties they had were because of their lack of organization and not because their teachers weren't 'good.' I expect my current student at HMS will also have an excellent experience despite having LD issues. She is sofar very happy and doing extremely well.

My daughter goes to HMS, and I am not impressed with the quality of the teachers at Hoover. They seem to either be really good (Mr. L) or really bad. One teacher didn't want to meet me for Parent/Teacher Conference for which I had made an appointment specifically with her, so she called me at work to have a 'conference'.

Last modified Herbert C. Hoover Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.